test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Temporal Ambassador mission - REDACTED??

So I thought I'd go back and get the Ambassador support cruiser for my Delta 'toon's AS roster, and at the end of the mission the objective mini-screen says "Redacted", even though the "Scan for Anomalies" button is still screen center. Click the button, and the scan aborts after a second, and no result. No map objectives, either. No choice but to leave the system and abort the mission. What's the point of having a replay, then? R&D materials are still available for scan, and the fight with the Tholians at the end still gives a few loot drops, but there is otherwise no purpose to replay the mission now.

Either this is an unintended S11 bug, or Cryptic fell back to their old greedy MO, and removed what might finally be a useful AS ship in order to force more ship sales... :s
Expendables Fleet: Andrew - Bajoran Fed Engineer Ken'taura - Rom/Fed Scientist Gwyllim - Human Fed Delta Tac
Savik - Vulcan Fed Temporal Sci
Dahar Masters Fleet: Alphal'Fa - Alien KDF Engineer Qun'pau - Rom/KDF Engineer D'nesh - Orion KDF Scientist Ghen'khan - Liberated KDF Tac
Welcome to StarBug Online - to boldly Bug where no bug has been before!
STO player since November 2013

Comments

• daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    There seems to have been some sort of 'glitch' that happened over the weekend, and several older missions and areas are not available anymore.
    Hopefully, it's just a temporary thing.
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,301 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    So I thought I'd go back and get the Ambassador support cruiser for my Delta 'toon's AS roster, and at the end of the mission the objective mini-screen says "Redacted", even though the "Scan for Anomalies" button is still screen center. Click the button, and the scan aborts after a second, and no result. No map objectives, either. No choice but to leave the system and abort the mission. What's the point of having a replay, then? R&D materials are still available for scan, and the fight with the Tholians at the end still gives a few loot drops, but there is otherwise no purpose to replay the mission now.

Either this is an unintended S11 bug, or Cryptic fell back to their old greedy MO, and removed what might finally be a useful AS ship in order to force more ship sales... :s

Try them again. Today i was able to do the episode on my 4 characters (fed eng, Fed-Rom Sci, KDF-Rom Tac and KDF-tac).​​
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • officerbatman81officerbatman81 Member Posts: 2,761 Arc User
    This is why in Sept in anticipation of the admiralty system i played though that mission on the toons that discarded it to have the boxed ship to unpack when it launched.
  • centaurianalphacentaurianalpha Member Posts: 1,150 Arc User
    Hmmm...I guess I'll try again. When I first did the episodes, I really had no time for that ship; now it's actually useful.
    Expendables Fleet: Andrew - Bajoran Fed Engineer Ken'taura - Rom/Fed Scientist Gwyllim - Human Fed Delta Tac
    Savik - Vulcan Fed Temporal Sci
    Dahar Masters Fleet: Alphal'Fa - Alien KDF Engineer Qun'pau - Rom/KDF Engineer D'nesh - Orion KDF Scientist Ghen'khan - Liberated KDF Tac
    Welcome to StarBug Online - to boldly Bug where no bug has been before!
    STO player since November 2013