test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Deep Space Nine

tasshenatasshena Member Posts: 529 Arc User
Anyone else having trouble loading into DS9 after entering system? I click 'enter deep space nine' and it's sat there for over a half hour claiming its loading.

I have an alt 'stuck' in this, I can't even log it back in because I just get the loading screen on login and it never leaves.​​

Comments

• Options
    brighterbladebrighterblade Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    Two characters stuck at DS9 loading screen indefinitely. Not risking my 3rd. Relogging doesn't do anything but freeze back up.

Edit: I now got in on one character, but I have lost all previous mission progress for episodes going back to The Lost City of Paradise on one character, not sure on the other. Though I still have missions in my logbook to repeat the previous completed content and they say it's secondary mission rewards. Only one character can get the new mission start with season 11.
    Post edited by brighterblade on
  • Options
    Yup. Exactly. I'm not risking a second after the one. Oh well, no revamped cardassian missions for us. wonder who all else is getting that.​​
  • Options
    xayssxayss Member Posts: 391 Arc User
    i think there option for send you character to esd when they stuck in some point or mission, see in you optionof acount about that
    nexus.jpg

• Options
    peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    We currently seem to have the problem that a lot of players have a game/system crash when loading up a social space map like ESD- or DS9-Orbit. Perhaps this crash is confused with the described “infinite” loading screen which, at my end, is just a frozen loading screen as result of the crash.

I encounter this trouble approximately 1-2 out of 10 times when lading DS9 Orbit. If some of you guys have the trouble that this happens 10/10 times yea this is a problem for a toon which is currently stuck there.

My advice would be to launch the game in save mode (settings in launcher), get the toon elsewhere if the map loads successfully and then re-launch the game back in normal mode until this issue is resolved.

Perhaps this helps a bit. Taken past experiences with Cryptic into account we do have system crashes very often after updates to STO in form of a new season. It usually takes them weeks to fix since not all players experience it.
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • Options
    nyxadrillnyxadrill Member Posts: 1,242 Arc User
    Every time I went to DS9 last night the loading screen sat at around 96% for what seemed like ages. It did eventually drop through (after I'd gone for a coffee and come back!). I'm wondering if this is the same issue as I was having a while back with stuck loading screens.

Switching on "reduced file streaming" in the loader options stopped the problem for me back then, but resulted in some screens where it would take a significant time to load.

This sounds suspiciously like the same issue.
    server_hamster6.png
  • Options
    I didn't have a problem with orbit. It was beaming onto the base itself that caused the problem.​​
  • Options
    tasshena wrote: »
    I didn't have a problem with orbit. It was beaming onto the base itself that caused the problem.​​

Just to clarify - My problem was beaming to the promenade also.

server_hamster6.png
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    I already had reduced file streaming on, trying to switch it and see if it decides to load in. :/ My system isn't exactly 'low memory', so... :p

Update: Yeah, still sitting there, both ways.​​
  • Options
    wraithmeisterwraithmeister Member Posts: 393 Arc User
    having same issue...it got slow at 96 on right side..then it got to 98.02 and sat there for a while...after 5 minute it had made it up to 98.08 and by the 10 minute mark I eventually got into the station...nowhere else has this type issue. ESD varies from 10-30 seconds...thi is somethign other than load. Hopefully its just the first time I bring char to DS9 after expansion.....I have nod desire to return for a load that long.
  • Options
    Mine is still stuck completely, lucky you.​​
  • Options
    gulberatgulberat Member Posts: 5,505 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    I am also encountering extreme loading times to DS9 ground tonight. This is not normal compared to the kind of load times I used to have and I really hope it's just because of the new episode because I typically use DS9 as my base of operations for all toons.

Christian Gaming Community Fleets--Faith, Fun, and Fellowship! See the website and PM for more. :-)
    Proudly F2P.  Signature image by gulberat. Avatar image by balsavor.deviantart.com.
  • Options
    gulberat wrote: »
    I am also encountering extreme loading times to DS9 ground tonight. This is not normal compared to the kind of load times I used to have and I really hope it's just because of the new episode because I typically use DS9 as my base of operations for all toons.

Now this is odd. I switched to a KDF character last night, one I haven't used for a while (and god was her bank a mess! lol) and she had no issue with delays when going to DS9 ground. Yet my main character had the massive delay (I had time to go get another coffee again).

server_hamster6.png
  • Options
    mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    nyxadrill wrote: »
    gulberat wrote: »

Now this is odd. I switched to a KDF character last night, one I haven't used for a while (and god was her bank a mess! lol) and she had no issue with delays when going to DS9 ground. Yet my main character had the massive delay (I had time to go get another coffee again).

I have had varying load times on Deep Space Nine, too.

Maybe it's only certain server instances that have the problem? Who knows...
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    Not sure, mine still isn't loading in at all. :/

I don't even find a way to do a 'safe' login to get it back. I've effectively 'lost' a toon. And this post is getting no comment from devs that they're even LOOKING at the problem, for a char I spent significant zen and dil on, now effectively gone for being trapped.

The post has been here for days. If there is something being worked on, or if the char CAN be reset to be loggable into space, I'd be quite happy. But as it is? Nothing.​​
  • Options
    amosov78amosov78 Member Posts: 1,495 Arc User
    Yep, since Tuesday my main has been forever stuck mid transport onto DS9. Maybe someone will find him again in seventy-odd years too.
    U.S.S. Endeavour NCC-71895 - Nebula-class
    Commanding Officer: Captain Pyotr Ramonovich Amosov
    Dedication Plaque: "Nil Intentatum Reliquit"
  • Options
    amosov78 wrote: »
    Yep, since Tuesday my main has been forever stuck mid transport onto DS9. Maybe someone will find him again in seventy-odd years too.

lols ^_^ good reference.​​
  • Options
    snowwolf#0563 snowwolf Member Posts: 1,018 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    Go into your game folder, Star Trek Online/live/localdata and delete the files "fxprefs.pref" and "gameprefs.pref"

This will delete all graphic settings and settings you've set in the game. It will delete the audio and graphic settings. As well as other tiny settings like "auto loot" "enable directional shield FX" etc.

For some reason, deleting these two will load you into DS9 immediately. Worked for me!

Note; after playing the game for some time and restarting it several times. The load issue will return, you will therefor need to repeat the stage of deleting the files, restoring your settings in order to play.
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    kate370 wrote: »
    Go into your game folder, Star Trek Online/live/localdata and delete the files "fxprefs.pref" and "gameprefs.pref"

This will delete all graphic settings and settings you've set in the game. It will delete the audio and graphic settings. As well as other tiny settings like "auto loot" "enable directional shield FX" etc.

For some reason, deleting these two will load you into DS9 immediately. Worked for me!

Note; after playing the game for some time and restarting it several times. The load issue will return, you will therefor need to repeat the stage of deleting the files, restoring your settings in order to play.

I'll try that, thanks. ^_^

Update: And nope, it stopped at 98.04 and slowed back down. :/

Update #2: Came back now and it got onto DS9! Yay thanks!​​
  • Options
    seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    Yeah, this problem really needs to be fixed.

It happens to me almost every time I enter DS9. I can get around it by quitting the game while it's 'loading' (Ctrl+Alt+Del) and then re-launching the game. Sometimes though, I have to do it 2-3 times to get in and it sucks.

The option of deleting the prefs files seems to work for people, but I'm just not doing that. Doing that removes all your custom options, graphics, key binds, chat settings, etc.

It's just easier to avoid DS9. I hope they can get this fixed soon.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Remove the prefs file from the directory and put them on your desktop. Load in and do what you need to do there and exit. Replace the files where you got them from. Relog and do non-DS9 stuff. Clumsy but you got your prefs back.

I have not had any trouble with DS9 during the entire rollout. Still fine for me.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    Been doing that now. For a month. And having to do it at Spacedock now as well half the time. Over a month.​​