test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Forum short storys and if they mean anything?

hyefatherhyefather Member Posts: 1,286 Arc User
I enjoy reading these storys. Some of them are really good but do any of them have anything to do with the game? Is there any missions, queues or STFs that are directly connected to these short storys or is there going to be. I have to say if they are not sto content related they do nothing but hurt the game. Heres why IMO. We are getting Star trek stories that are better than the stories that are in the game. What do you think?
Post edited by hyefather on

Comments

• mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    They are basically background flavour. Since no player is playing through them, they need "only" a writer, no concern of creating elaborate maps, NPCs and ship art, game mechanics, rewards and what not.

There are different requirements and expectations for different mediums - a story to be read is different than a story to be shown on the movie screen is different than a story you play through in a game.​​
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • maobemaobe Member Posts: 86 Arc User
    These Storys do the game no harm, they are meta-storys, telling things which imho dont need to be made in a ingame-mission. i dont wanted to play selas escape from earth in disguise, but knowing that there are thoughts and happenings outside our characters story fills the gameworld with a kind of life.
    U.S.S. JUGGERNAUT - Command Science Cruiser
    "Where we are is the front."
  • farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User
    I stopped reading them after the first couple. When there was nothing in game to support/reflect them. So to me they are not worth reading.
    Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
    Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.
  • orondisorondis Member Posts: 1,447 Arc User
    Nice fluff to tide us over to the next grind content.

The games narrative and the actual gameplay don't really have much to do with one another.
    Previously Alendiak
    Daizen - Lvl 60 Tactical - Eclipse
    Selia - Lvl 60 Tactical - Eclipse
  • ssbn655ssbn655 Member Posts: 1,894 Arc User
    Wish they would do even more of them. They add a depth to the game that just episodes and missions don't fill. they are like messages from the front to ships way out on the fringe of the war zone to keep moral up and fill in whats happening in other areas.