test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Starship Batteries skill

Is Starship Batteries skill useful or not? Been going through Reddit, Google and the STO gamepedia, some says that they are useful while other say they are not. i want to know so that if they are not useful i can used the points for my ground skill.

Comments

• maobemaobe Member Posts: 86 Arc User
    depends if you are using batteries on a regular basis. i spend 6 points in the skill and in combination with some traits and the right purple doffs my batteries pack quite a punch on my banks...
    U.S.S. JUGGERNAUT - Command Science Cruiser
    "Where we are is the front."
  • jbmaverickjbmaverick Member Posts: 935 Arc User
    If you are using an Engineering captain and slot the career trait EPS Manifold Efficiency, the Batteries skill is pretty useful for extending the uptime of the buff. It's also useful if you happen to own and use the Red Matter Capacitor or the power buffs from the various high-end Warp Cores.

The universe has a wonderful sense of humor. The trick is learning how to take a joke.
  • warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    I use Batteries on a regular basis, 6 pts minimum for the skill. Been doing that since the game released. There is also a DOFF to grant stat bonuses for the system that the battery is for, i.e. +10% damage bonus when using Weapon Battery. This is even more important for Engineers who have a trait to grant a power bonus to all subsystems when using a Battery.
    XzRTofz.gif
  • mackbolan01mackbolan01 Member Posts: 580 Arc User
    the exocomp doff is made for battery use