test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Where did my Targ go?

crm14916crm14916 Member Posts: 1,516 Arc User
So, I have a few KDF characters and wanted to pick up the Targ NC Pet on them. I purchased it on one of my toons and then all of a sudden, the option to buy it is gone completely... I mean, like, gone! The targ isn't even there anymore. It doesn't even show up in the C-Store category under "purchased." Just, gone...

Where did it go, and am I out of luck? Thanks!
CM
"Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure science." - Edwin Hubble

Best Answers

• Options
    shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    edited September 2015 Answer ✓
    Welcome to the club. :(
    I've had this same thing happen to me a long time ago - bought a few Targs over time, then all of a sudden the option to purchase one from the C-Store was gone. Unfortunately, my bug report about this dates to the winter of 2012 and it still isn't solved 3 years later. Multiple bug reports and multiple threads on the forum about the issue didn't help either. Sadly, Cryptic just doesn't seem to care about this issue. :(
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • Options
    lindalefflindaleff Member Posts: 3,734 Arc User
    Answer ✓
    Oh. Was that your targ? It was delicious......

But seriously, that bug is not confined to targs. It also exists on buying tribbles. And it has existed for years.
    I completed a 2-man CSE, ISE, and KASE, Optionals included. And I soloed Winter Invasion.
    My Ship Builds: USS Conqueror, HMS Victorious, HMS Concord, ISS Queen Elizabeth, Black Widow III
    Click here to view my DeviantArt.

Answers

• Options
    Well, at least I know it wasn't just me... I mean, usually when something is purchased on STO in the C-Store, it still sits there, but is just greyed out and says "purchased"... This poor Targ thing just flat out disappeared!

I'll submit a ticket also, and see what happens...

Thanks!
    CM
    "Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure science." - Edwin Hubble
  • Options
    shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    crm14916 wrote: »
    I'll submit a ticket also, and see what happens...

Yeah, do that - can't hurt anyway and maybe it'll light a bulb over someone's head. :D I might refresh my report as well, haven't reminded them in a long time since I basically gave up after waiting too long.

I have a lot of Klingon characters, and I usually like for each of them to have a Targ. Managed to buy a couple before this bug happened, and bought 3 more from the exchange afterwards. Sadly my last "Delta Recruit" Klingon doesn't have one yet because there were none left on the exchange. I'll probably get a fleetie to buy me one. :)
    Curios that you have it grayed out and saying "purchased" - I don't have the item in the C-Store at all, like it never existed there.
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • Options
    No, little misunderstanding... Mine is like yours, it's not greyed out, just completely gone!

Anyway, thanks for your responses, and if I hear back on anything, I'll let you know :)

CM
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    [quote]Thank you for contacting us.

We would like to inform you that a Pet Targ is a cosmetic pet for "Klingon characters only", that a player can summon and dismiss at will. This is a non-combat pet.

Here are some resources that you have at your disposal:

Our Star Trek Online forums: http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline
    Our Unofficial Star Trek Online Wiki: http://sto.gamepedia.com/Targ_Pup

Please be aware that actual in-game strategies, NPC locations, item uses, etc.. are things that we leave up to the players to figure out themselves, so that they can enjoy the experience of discovery and become more capable players in the process.

Let us know if you have any further question or concern.

Regards,
    Ichirou
    Game Master
    Perfect World Entertainment[\quote]

This was the response I got from Cryptic... So obviously, they didn't read my concern. I have two other KDF characters and the Targ is not even in the C-store any more for them...

CM
    Post edited by crm14916 on
  • Options
    vengefuldjinnvengefuldjinn Member Posts: 1,520 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    In game items going missing? :# Poor customer service responses .. That's ludicrous ....
    See my sig....

tumblr_o2aau3b7nh1rkvl19o1_400.gif

• Options
    angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    shpoks wrote: »
    Welcome to the club. :(
    I've had this same thing happen to me a long time ago - bought a few Targs over time, then all of a sudden the option to purchase one from the C-Store was gone. Unfortunately, my bug report about this dates to the winter of 2012 and it still isn't solved 3 years later. Multiple bug reports and multiple threads on the forum about the issue didn't help either. Sadly, Cryptic just doesn't seem to care about this issue. :(

Exact same situation for me. Good luck, OP. Please keep us informed wether or not you get your Targ back.​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    This is going to be a long-winded message, but it will contain some information... After contacting the Customer Service Department on numerous occasions, these are the responses I got back:
    Thank you for clarifying your concern. I understand that you are unable to locate the Targ Companion in the C-Store. Please try verifying your game files. To do this,

1) First, shut down your PC and wait a few minutes. Then restart your PC.
    2) Start the game launcher and click on "Options" that can be found on the upper right side of the launcher window.
    3) Under the "Patching" section, put a check mark on the "Force Verify" option on the game and select "Save". Let the game verify that your game client's files match the server-side versions of the files. It will also re-download any files that don't match.
    4) This will take some time. Please be patient.
    5) After this process is done, try to get into the game again and see if the same issue(s) occur.

If the companion still does not show in the C-Store after following the steps given above, kindly reply to this ticket with a screenshot showing the list of the available items listed on the Personnel -> Companions Tab of the C-Store. To take a screen shot and send it to us,

1. Press the "Print Screen" key. This will capture the current screen and put it into your clipboard.
    2. Open Microsoft Paint
    3. Hit Ctrl+V to paste the image on the Paint window
    4. Select "Save As"
    5. Use the drop down menu under "Save as Type", select JPEG and hit OK
    6. Attach the .jpg file with your reply to this ticket.

Then, after complying and sending them the image of my "Companions" tab, this was their reply:
    Thank you for the response.

Please check if you'll be able to claim the pet by going to the Legacy Unlock tab on the C-Store.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

I checked in the Legacy Unlock tab of my C-Store and knew it wasn't there (but checked again anyway) and replied that it still wasn't there... Their reply was:
    Is it still available in the C-Store using the character that you used to get the pet? If so, please directly submit an in-game bug report with your findings by selecting ‘Bug Report’ from the list of available help options. This ensures that our developer and quality assurance teams receive all of the information they need to properly investigate the cause of a given issue.

Though the QA team will not directly respond to individual bug reports, all submissions are reviewed, and our developers will work to resolve the issue as soon as possible.

So, I replied asking them why I needed to submit a bug report for that which I had already done. That's why we started the conversation in the first place. They contacted me originally because I had submitted the bug report... Their latest comment to me:
    If you have deleted, sold or discarded this item, you will not be able to reclaim it because it is a single item unlock. Once purchased, it will not appear again in the C-Store.

So, does that mean I'll never get to claim it on my other KDF toons?

UGH!!
    CM
  • Options
    Lolwut? So your account can never get another Targ again? pig-39.gif​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • Options
    artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    Who want's Targs anyway? Disgusting smelly creatures...

:p​​
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    artan42 wrote: »

:p

You can't get enough on that wonderful scent, can you? pig-4.gif​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    I don't think "wanting the Targ" is actually the point at this point... It's the fact that they can't figure out why my Targ Pet is missing from the C-Store, and then magically decide that it's a 1-Time Unlock... Which STILL doesn't explain why it's not in the C-Store any more... It's not even greyed out! It's non-existent!!

CM

p.s. It's like Cryptic is saying, "We only want you to spend real money on it once... We created an item and don't want people to spend too much money on it..."
  • Options
    angrytarg wrote: »

You can't get enough on that wonderful scent, can you? pig-4.gif

It's like being punched in the nose with a brick wrapped in evil.​​
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

• Options

It's like being punched in the nose with a brick wrapped in evil.

Mmmmh, yes, kinda erotic, don't you think? pig-15.gif​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
  • Options

It's like being punched in the nose with a brick wrapped in evil.

Mmmmh, yes, kinda erotic, don't you think? pig-15.gif

I don't think I'm going to speak to you any more :blush:.

:p​​

#TASforSTO

• Options

Barbarus hic ego sum, quia non intellegor ulli. pig-44.gif

pig-23.gif​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
  • Options

Barbarus hic ego sum, quia non intellegor ulli. pig-44.gif

pig-23.gif

Oh no you don't, you and your damn Targ Latin :D.​​

#TASforSTO

• Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    now what does that actually mean? i tried to translate it, but i don't think it was overly accurate​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • Options
    Roughly "Here I'm a barbarian because nobody understands me", which I'm sure should be understand literally, I adapted it however in a sense roughly akin to "you don't know what's good" pig-30.gif​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
  • Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    in that case, google translate says you should've used this because it translates a little better Barbarus hic ego sum, quia nemo intelligit mecum​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • Options
    ... And you two have officially hijacked this thread. Thanks for that, by the way.

CM
  • Options
    questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,318 Arc User
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
This discussion has been closed.