test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

an STNG ep that was never resolved?

warmonger360warmonger360 Member Posts: 524 Arc User
The Neutral Zone. outposts attacked on both sides of the Romulan Neutral Zone. who did it and why. perhaps the devs could carry on with this? was it the Borg, or the crystalline entity or possibly a totally unknown alien? an idea for a new featured ep, me thinks
WE SURVIVE!

aut vincere aut mori pro imperio
either to conquer or to die for the Empire

Comments

• Options
    sirmaydaysirmayday Member Posts: 535 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    Like Conspiracy, The Neutral Zone was meant to foreshadow conflict with a hive-minded enemy that would eventually be realized as the Borg. As I recall, I, Borg suggests that the disappearances referenced in The Neutral Zone are consistent with the effects of Borg attacks. All of that, though, runs at least slightly afoul of Q Who, which introduced the Borg properly.

In the context of the game, of course, the insectoid invaders from Conspiracy are actually an Iconian subversion realized using Bluegills.

EDIT: Looking over the I, Borg entry on Memory Alpha, I can't find a direct reference to The Neutral Zone, so I may've mis-remembered the connection. I still believe the disappearances were intended to foreshadow the Borg, though.
  • Options
    azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
    The Neutral Zone. outposts attacked on both sides of the Romulan Neutral Zone. who did it and why. perhaps the devs could carry on with this? was it the Borg, or the crystalline entity or possibly a totally unknown alien? an idea for a new featured ep, me thinks

They don't need to, it was obvious it was the Borg.

• Options
    theraven2378theraven2378 Member Posts: 5,986 Arc User

They don't need to, it was obvious it was the Borg.

Fit's their MO, system J-25 and Jouret IV are virtually identical to the attacks on worlds and outposts in the neutral zone, also you see the same type of destruction on the Brunali homeworld as well
    NMXb2ph.png
      "The meaning of victory is not to merely defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to completely eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can ever recover. That is the meaning of victory."
      -Lord Commander Solar Macharius
    • Options
      svindal777svindal777 Member Posts: 856 Arc User
      The 'Q Who' EP kinds of solves it. As they find a planet that has similar attacks as the neutral zone planets.
      Well excuse me for having enormous flaws that I don't work on.
    • Options
      rekurzionrekurzion Member Posts: 697 Arc User
      it was meant to be a 3 part introduction of the borg halted by a writers strike that year. referenced by data in Q, who when mentioned "identical to the damage we saw on outposts in the neutral zone"
    • Options
      markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
      There were several TNG eps that lacked proper resolution. Like the one with the weird space time vortex that made a double of Picard.... where/why?
      -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
      My character Tsin'xing
      Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg