test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Authentic Federation Fan-made Missions?

By that I mean any single or story line missions from the foundry that actually FEEL like a traditional Star Trek episode. I am asking because with New Dawn coming I am inspired to start a new Fed toon and I would love to level up by avoiding the poorly done Cryptic missions (not all of them are bad, but there are some I would like to skip) and leveling via the foundry.

I would love to do missions where I don't have to fire a shot, but there is tons of intrigue. I am also okay with combat missions if they are part of a longer arc and aren't the focus of the mission.

I stopped playing my Fed toons years ago because I don't like how they are portrayed by Cryptic, now don't get me wrong they have made a few excellent missions, but for the most part it's just "pew, pew, kill everything" and I just can't do that as a Fed. Now they got the KDF missions bang on and I don't mean just he combat, the KDF missions overwhelmingly give you the feeling of being a Klingon, even if they just pander to the "me Klingon, me hit things" mentality. I also enjoy the Romulan story lines, that proved to me that Cryptic can make a good story arc. But the Feds are still not....eh...I don't know.

Anyway I am asking because I have played a foundry mission or two, but usually on my KDF (the fan made KDF missions are AMAZING!) but have never really dove into what the foundry has to offer and never on the Fed side. So if anyone has some suggestions on individual missions, story arcs or authors on the foundry for the Fed side please let me know!

Oh, I didn't know whether to place this here or the foundry section. But because my question is more about looking for certain missions, not the actual mechanics and because more people come here then the foundry section I figured this was the section to post it.

Comments

• tempus64tempus64 Member Posts: 806 Arc User
    I haven't played a ton of foundry missions, especially on the Fed side, but I did this one the other day and enjoyed it a lot as it's a bit unique. It actually "borrows" the premise from a TNG episode. "First Cause, Then Effect (by RogueEnterprise)"
  • amayakitsuneamayakitsune Member Posts: 977 Arc User
    In the Shadow of MIDAS, by greendragoon feels like a well set up 2 or 3 part Trek episode, and its got some pretty interesting map design and mechanics. The first 2 installments are up on the Foundry now, and I think hes working on the final part now.​​
    7NGGeUP.png