test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Idea for Nukara Warp Core (make it a 4 piece set)

Nukara Interphasic Warp Core

The Nukara Interphasic Warp Core borrows technology employed by the Tholians. This unique type of warp core has warp plasma that is kept in a state of interspatial flux. By briefly mixing chroniton particles into the warp plasma, an interphasic rift can be opened centered on the ship, allowing it to travel into and out of parallel universes.

The Nukara Interphasic Warp Core grants bonus power to weapons, increasing maximum weapons power by 5.

+7.5 additional weapon power (bonus increases at low weapons power)
+5 maximum weapon power (allows your weapon power to exceed 125)
Maximum Warp Factor 10
+17.5 Warp Core Efficiency (improves power levels when low)
Adds 7.5% of your weapon power to your auxiliary power as bonus power

Interphasic Rift:
When activated your ship stops for 3 seconds and mixes chroniton particles into it's warp plasma which opens an Interphasic Rift. The ship enters this rift and tavels into a parallel universe. Another Interphasic Rift opens 10 light years ahead of your ship's heading and the ship exits that rift.

There is a small chance that your ship will be destroyed while traveling through the parallel universe. Not all parallel universes are safe to visit. When this happens you will see flaming wreckage exit the second rift. 90 second cooldown.

So what do you think? I like the Interphasic Rift ability - especially given that it has a rare chance (maybe 5%) to dramatically blow up your ship. I wasn't sure on the higher max warp factor bonus - Nukara is a reputation set, so I don't think it's too OP to have it. But it could be replaced with a Slipstream speed bonus and I wouldn't complain.

Yes you read that right. I really want just one warp core with a max weapon power bonus. Since the Nukara set does get a small damage bonus, I figured this would be an ideal set for stacking weapon power.

I'm not certain on the 4 piece set ability. I was thinking a small tetryon damage bonus like how the Jem'Hadar set has a small polaron damage bonus. Or maybe a free disruption torpedo on a long cooldown? It could be anything really. I just want this warp core.

Comments

• peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    I like the idea to rework and expand all the old sets to bring them in line with current reputation set standards.
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,008 Community Moderator
    The one thing I will point out is that we have yet to see a Tholian ship jump into another reality, so I honestly don't see how that will work. We've only seen Tholians passing through rifts on Nukara.

But I think giving the core something that synergizes with the rest of the set makes sense, and anything that gives a bonus to Tetryon might be useful as well.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • lizweilizwei Member Posts: 936 Arc User
    A suicide button - no matter how low the chance - would be a silly idea and nobody would use it compared to actual safe warp core abilities, especially as it negates the entire point of the ability (fast, convenient travel).
  • kamiyama317kamiyama317 Member Posts: 1,295 Arc User
    I believe one of the cruisers already has a small chance to blow up if you use transwarp. The Excelsior I think? It doesn't stop people from using it - I've seen players randomly blow up when using transwarp before.
  • blitzy4blitzy4 Member Posts: 839 Arc User
    I believe one of the cruisers already has a small chance to blow up if you use transwarp. The Excelsior I think? It doesn't stop people from using it - I've seen players randomly blow up when using transwarp before.

No, the transwarp has a small chance of failing, and you get a funny sound bit like in Star Trek 3. Although I don't know if it still does that, it hasn't happened to me in a long time.
    jKixCmJ.jpg
    "..and like children playing after sunset, we were surrounded by darkness." -Ruri Hoshino