test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Making uniforms less glossy?

Kind of a wordy question, so please bear with me. For almost two years, I just accepted that playing STO on a laptop meant visuals vastly inferior to the promotional/wiki images I'd see. After upgrading to a 'gaming laptop,' I tweaked the settings some and found that adding the lowest level of lighting effects vastly improved the appearance of the game (adding, among other things, immense depth to surface textures). Happy day! I also saw that almost every surface in the game has a sheen or glossy appearance. The metal components of my KDF Honor Guard uniforms shining is great, but the Starfleet uniforms (which were made of not-so-shiny wool in real life) on two of my toons now gleam like they're made of plastic or a cheap faux leather. Is there something I can do about that?

Answers

• Options
    sirmaydaysirmayday Member Posts: 535 Arc User
    Actually, I mean on my Odyssey Dress Uniform; I wear a duty-uniform-colored version on my main. I have a similar, but less pronounced issue with the regular Odyssey uniforms. They just don't seem to have a material option, and having checked what the option looks like on one of the Sierra uniforms, that sort ot matting it just what I'm looking for...