test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Scheduled Maintenance [August 13th, 2015]

pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
Greetings Captains!

We will be having our regularly scheduled maintenance tomorrow 8/13 at 6AM PDT for 3 1/2 hours. You can check out our patch notes and the changes we'll be making here.

=/\=

We value your feedback and want to help direct it to the right locations. Please check the following links to redirect to the best sub-forums to post your replies.

Experiencing a Gameplay Bug with our latest patch? Please click this link to be taken to our Gameplay Bug Report Section to file your reports.

Thank you for the assistance!

The Star Trek Online Team

Comments

• khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    edited August 2015
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    BST:
    http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converted.html?iso=20150813T06&p1=283&p2=136

CEST:
    http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converted.html?iso=20150813T06&p1=283&p2=37

EDT:
    http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converted.html?iso=20150813T06&p1=283&p2=263

so 3 hours and a half would put it 5:30pm BST, 6:30pm CEST and 12:30pm EDT when the server is expected up.
    i stopped trying to ask trendy to add other time zones, i dunno whats going on there but nothing has ever come from it.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • nero#6673 nero Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    The notification in the launcher says performing shard maintenance.... What is a shard?????
    50777087521_0fb2747817_z.jpg

protogoth wrote:
    Picard and his gang of misfits (Commander Quagmire, his sometime-girlfriend Counselor State-the-Obvious, Pinocchio aspiring to be a real boy, a blind helmsman, and Microbrain, not to mention Doctor I'm-here-as-a-thinly-veiled-love-interest-for-the-captain-and-otherwise-have-no-real-purpose and her son Annoying Boy Geekwiz)

I am no ones minion - I will do what is right
  • baxslash001baxslash001 Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    what angers me about this maintance, was the 5 minute warning, and, then, mere seconds after it was posted, the servers went offline, talk about 5 minute warnings :(
    5 minute warning on a global game seems a little short - however if it is scheduled maintenance then that would mean that it could be anticipated as happening at the same time, same day, every time - so technically we should be able to know when it is before it happens - as in planning ahead.

Just a thought

protogoth wrote:
    Picard and his gang of misfits (Commander Quagmire, his sometime-girlfriend Counselor State-the-Obvious, Pinocchio aspiring to be a real boy, a blind helmsman, and Microbrain, not to mention Doctor I'm-here-as-a-thinly-veiled-love-interest-for-the-captain-and-otherwise-have-no-real-purpose and her son Annoying Boy Geekwiz)

• tvalavulcantvalavulcan Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    I got a 30 minute in-game warning
  • captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User
    Will patchnotes after the July 24th update going to be posted? I hope so, Release Notes is feeling neglected of late... :cry:
  • tacticalrooktacticalrook Member Posts: 810 Arc User
    When maintenance ends and the doors are unlocked, Promo Pack Madness will run wild on STO.

Are you fellas ready?

I know I am.
    /channel_join grind
  • ravinravin Member Posts: 509 Arc User
    i stopped trying to ask trendy to add other time zones, i dunno whats going on there but nothing has ever come from it.

Why should she convert all the different time zones in the world? They invented this thing called the internet, it has this thing called Google, it will convert times to any particular time zone. It will also point you to a time converter if want one.

=\/= ================================ =\/=
    Centurion maximus92
    12th Legion, Romulan Republic
    12th Fleet

• guljarolguljarol Member Posts: 979 Arc User
    ravin wrote: »

Why should she convert all the different time zones in the world? They invented this thing called the internet, it has this thing called Google, it will convert times to any particular time zone. It will also point you to a time converter if want one.

Not all time zones. In the past she posted a link like this one

and then she stopped, and it never returned.

What for? A simple courtesy? As someone who doesn't live anywhere near California and its time zone, I appreciate such gestures. I can absorb the provided information quickly without additional searching, googling and other rubbish.
  • doyouwdoyouw Member Posts: 200 Arc User
    It looks like they are pushing lot of changes for lag in this patch.
    Let's hope it will realy help instead of making things worse like each last 4-5 patches.

I now have SNR each 15-20sec even on EU time, geting DC 5-6 times in 3-4h,

then around 2-3:00am (GMT+2) constantly under SNR, DC each 4-5mn at best.

a few weeks ago my US fleetmates didn't had that kind of trouble but now I see some complaining too.

I have doudts those changes will completely fix it since it's quite obvious it's hardware issues (servers/lan)... we'll see...
    Dark Side (KDF)
    HOUSE OF BORG
    "I am FLATULUS of Borg, Resistance if Futile! Prepare to pull my finger!"

cube.jpg
  • captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User
    The notification in the launcher says performing shard maintenance.... What is a shard?????

Holodeck is a shard.
  • psychoplattpsychoplatt Member Posts: 285 Arc User
    Will patchnotes after the July 24th update going to be posted? I hope so, Release Notes is feeling neglected of late... :cry:

The launcher says "please check the Forums" - U are playing a cryptic game if one Hand not knows what the other do :)
    nice u wasted so much time in your sig - i do not see it anyway :)

Holodeck is a shard.

Oh - Thanks -

protogoth wrote:

• ravinravin Member Posts: 509 Arc User
    guljarol wrote: »
    What for? A simple courtesy? As someone who doesn't live anywhere near California and its time zone, I appreciate such gestures. I can absorb the provided information quickly without additional searching, googling and other rubbish.

It takes all of 5 minutes to seek the answer you need, less if you bookmark a time converter. You don't even have to leave the forums, download a time app on your phone, do the math in your head (doesn't always work for me, I admit.)

I apologize, though, I keep forgetting that the internet has also made people forget how to do things on their own, and rely on others to do the work for them.
    Centurion maximus92
    12th Legion, Romulan Republic
    12th Fleet

• spacehermitspacehermit Member Posts: 355 Arc User

Holodeck is a shard.

I think the term goes all the way back to Ultima Online.

It takes all of 5 minutes to seek the answer you need, less if you bookmark a time converter. You don't even have to leave the forums, download a time app on your phone, do the math in your head (doesn't always work for me, I admit.)

I apologize, though, I keep forgetting that the internet has also made people forget how to do things on their own, and rely on others to do the work for them.

Truth - The world at their fingertips but they are still lost

protogoth wrote:

• mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User

oh? and your post is just as helpful as not posting relevant information when its required like just posting some basic details on timezones. in the past they used to post timezones.

thats the problem, your not adding anythig that hasnt already been stated, if you wanted to be of some help, maybe you can be the official time and date poster for us? its a valid question even if it reads as a bit absurd.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • symbobsymbob Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    They'll probably be late anyway.
  • fruitvendor12fruitvendor12 Member Posts: 615 Arc User

Holodeck is a shard.

I think the term goes all the way back to Ultima Online.
    It does - I always chuckle when I hear the term being used in corporate IT by people who have never played an online game in their life.

• eiledoneiledon Member Posts: 595 Arc User
    Keep an eye on the Status of STO (and several other Cryptic/PWE games with my Server Status forum add-in

pwe_game_server_status.gif

The Game Server Status Add-In was constructed to provide an at a glance status of several of PWE's game servers on the new vanillaforums. Once installed a traffic light panel will be added to the top of the page near the forum search box. Each Game's Initials are displayed together with a status light. A Green light means the game server(s) are online. A Red light means the game server(s) are offline. An Amber light on the main panel indicates that some of the game server(s) are offline. Hovering over each game's initials will display further information on the state of individual server(s) where application, split into east coast, west coast and europe. The add-in automatically polls the server status ever 5 minutes and updates the icons. As of current version (0.7) you can now select which games to show as shown in the above animation.

Information and Installation details: https://github.com/Eiledon/PWEVC/blob/master/README.md#game-server-status-add-in

Requires Greasemonkey/Tampermonkey or equivalent. Additional Installation help can be found on the linked page.
    ​​
  • guljarolguljarol Member Posts: 979 Arc User

My bookmarked time converter is set for my clients' time zones, and I'd have to pay to check any additional ones or delete those important, money-making ones. Not doing that.

BTW The fact that I would appreciate courtesy doesn't mean I'm too stupid to use Google. Actually, I'm smart enough not to use Google but a better search engine instead. But considering your rude answer, you don't know what courtesy is, so we can drop this subject for the lack of common ground.
  • tome85tome85 Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    I totally agree with Picard.

Annoyed-Picard-meme-collection-1mut.com-19.jpg
    My daily grind is STAR TREK BATTLES channel - NO HIGH DPS WANTED

tumblr_mtvjgwae6F1rzu2xzo4_r1_400.gif
  • bannon3bannon3 Member Posts: 379 Arc User
    Longer downtime and smaller patch than last week.
    In Space, Cryptic cant hear you scream!!!
  • pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User

Not all time zones. In the past she posted a link like this one

and then she stopped, and it never returned.

Every time I did, people posted saying that due to their confusion over the time conversion website, they thought maintenance had been late past its regular time. Inevitably, while I am still more than happy to due so, I stopped because many people when given the tool still couldn't tell time.

Also maintenance is done! Unlocked!
This discussion has been closed.