test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Crystalline Entity Event Returns!

Comments

• crm14916crm14916 Member Posts: 1,516 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    2nd day the event is live and I'm not getting a shard for multiple characters, and it's not on cooldown

The STF itself won't be on cooldown after 30 minutes, however you cannot earn the shards within 20 hours of each other... Just a thought that that might be the issue here... I've done it before by accident. Run the event on more than one toon and the next day do it out of order...

CM

"Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure science." - Edwin Hubble
  • gavshawgavshaw Member Posts: 65 Arc User
    I understand that the entity is supposed to have some new tactics. Is one of them lag and/or rubberbanding?

Everytime I run this I spend the entire time watching my ship have a seizure until the entity is destroyed. Best part is when I get fed up, cut engines to zero and I'm still flying forward at speed for at least 30 seconds or more before the ship actually starts to slow down, go in reverse, then forward, then stop.

Must be annoying to the people I get grouped with, watching an Arbiter 'fly' around uselessly. On the bright side, I get my shard everytime.
    SigPic_01_zpspudusvou.png

Yes, I fly a Dreadnought cruiser. Deal with it.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    Actually, from the PoV of the others, your ship simply stopped doing things and started flying a straight line towards the edge of the map.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • ayexeyenayexeyen Member Posts: 229 Arc User
    I appreciate that Cryptic studios create such events. The reward looks also worth to me.
    Although in this period people are in vacation and sometime without an internet connection.
    Wouldn't it be better to extend the event of a week?
    reyan01 wrote: »
    I wish they'd move that damn planet/moon a little further away - it's too close to everything that is happening and FAR too easy to crash into.
    Actually, it used to be worse... Sometimes the evil snowflake would spawn half-stuck in the planet.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Member Posts: 14,764 Arc User
    Well, will wonders never cease. I tried it on the advanced queue and didn't get blown up even once. Must have rigged my ship better then I thought. B)

Edit - died five times in the next queue. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Guess it's back to the old drawing board. :p
    It depends on how much the rest of the team sucks. :p I've only died when I ate a lag spike.
    Blowing up seems to equal on in 5 or 6 times. That's still a great improvement over the last time we had one of these CEs. I won't complain. :) No about blowing up, at least. ;)

f5cc65bc8f3b91f963e328314df7c48d.jpg
    Sig? What sig? I don't see any sig.
    I wish they'd move that damn planet/moon a little further away - it's too close to everything that is happening and FAR too easy to crash into.
    Actually, it used to be worse... Sometimes the evil snowflake would spawn half-stuck in the planet.

I think that'd be enough to surprise even Tuvok. See. It did.
    flashback072.jpg

• batdoodbatdood Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    Hello everyone,
    Just wanted to report an issue and wondered if anyone had the same problem.
    I just completed the event this morning (I had shards left over from the last one). I received all my awards as promised...except..I didn't get the Crystalline Spike Universal Kit Module. I got a Crystalline Entity Torpedo Launcher. On the Event Announcement page it states "Once the new, main reputation project is complete, a brand-new bonus 1-Shard project will become available to slot". This project hasn't opened up. Either that or I just can't find it. Where do I find this Shard Project? It's not in the Events tab.

Thanks in advance.

*EDIT* I think I know what happened. I had the event active from last time and I had the shards contributed to it. When this event started, it resumed the last event project. Well, bonus for me because I got the torpedo. Now I just hope that I still have enough time for this toon to get the kit module.
    Post edited by batdood on
  • supergirl1611supergirl1611 Member Posts: 809 Arc User
    edited August 2015

You know what drives me mad about this event ? people who can't follow this simple instruction and have to engage the Tholians

zwVSsT_agHhzJ7MYAPrPfo8uzPE_kxxjEqORw6hMWeI?size=1280x960&size_mode=2

T29mUs3dzi0jyS0-rSibuk3YEoPhs7tbM5WaQjDSotk?size=1280x960&size_mode=2
  • khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    You know what drives me mad about this event ? people who can't follow this simple instruction and have to engage the Tholians

All your image links are broken so I have no idea what you're talking about. :P
    ​​
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • supergirl1611supergirl1611 Member Posts: 809 Arc User

​​

Weird working for me.

Any who gist of it is pugs going into CE Event the mission, the objective is displayed under the mini map,

Destroy 1 crystalline entity. 0/1
    Optional defeat Crystalline Entity within 5 mins

What do they do ? spend the whole mission blasting away at the same 700k plus hull point Tholian Recluse. No where does it say in the mission briefing pop up window or the mission objective to engage the Tholians :(

​​
    Apparently their viewing is restricted to those who have Dropbox accounts.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    edited August 2015

Apparently their viewing is restricted to those who have Dropbox accounts.

Ah, that'd make sense. I don't use Dropbox. Also explains why her signature doesn't show for me either.
    ​​
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
    Yup. She a Supergirl but only to those Dropboxers.
    Sorry, if that sounded dirty. o:)

Weird working for me.

Any who gist of it is pugs going into CE Event the mission, the objective is displayed under the mini map,

What do they do ? spend the whole mission blasting away at the same 700k plus hull point Tholian Recluse. No where does it say in the mission briefing pop up window or the mission objective to engage the Tholians :(

Totally missed your response, sorry. Yeah that is irritating, though the reason most people do it is because that mission rewards 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place based on how much damage you've done to the Tholians rather than the CE. Which is stupid if you ask me, considering the mission is to take out the CE.
    ​​
  • aelogriaaelogria Member Posts: 65 Arc User
    I love it when the snowflake is half stuck in the planet and all the Tholians that spawn are Recluse's. It's almost like the devs want us to fail all the bonus objectives. And they spawned in a pile on top of the Entity which was half stuck in the planet. Like the Tholian's were trying to pretend to be another, deadlier, snowflake.

And then all the debuff areas everywhere. lol That entity event was more difficult than some of the old, broken, STFs. Its like the game saw my ship and went... "Challenge accepted." :)

@Desdecardo since 2008.

Weird working for me.

Totally missed your response, sorry. Yeah that is irritating, though the reason most people do it is because that mission rewards 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place based on how much damage you've done to the Tholians rather than the CE. Which is stupid if you ask me, considering the mission is to take out the CE. ​​
    Actually if you want a really "super" score.... :D Do a lot of healing/cross healing. HPS seems to get counted way more than DPS.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • zeuxidemus001zeuxidemus001 Member Posts: 3,357 Arc User
    This game is so broken that the devs do not even actually know how the scoring works :disappointed:
  • nathraelnathrael Member Posts: 264 Arc User

Sometimes (not often) it still does.

Weird working for me.

Totally missed your response, sorry. Yeah that is irritating, though the reason most people do it is because that mission rewards 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place based on how much damage you've done to the Tholians rather than the CE. Which is stupid if you ask me, considering the mission is to take out the CE. ​​
    Actually if you want a really "super" score.... :D Do a lot of healing/cross healing. HPS seems to get counted way more than DPS.

That might explain why I have ended up 2nd or 3rd place on several runs. My Concorde is set up to be VERY healy, and in between my torp volleys on the CE, I click the Shield Frequency Modulation button. Add in the Fleet Support Platform and may explain my Place or Show positioning. :|

• batdoodbatdood Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    I definitely feel Supergirl's pain. I just spent 25 minutes in the event getting pounded by the CE and shards while everyone else was messing with Tholians and dying over...and over...and over again. I swear there was only 2 of us who were actually playing the objective. It's really frustrating.

Of course, then you get those people who jump into the Tholian Mosh Pit once or twice and then sit back and wait for other people to finish the job. I love those ones.
  • sernonserculionsernonserculion Member Posts: 749 Arc User
    I do enjoy these CC events, and they are very much appreciated. Thanks.
  • hawkwing43hawkwing43 Member Posts: 1,701 Arc User
    Oh yes more times to watch my ship do a death roll. lol
    hawkwing43 wrote: »

I feel you, brother. :) I'll post pics later. :p

• thetraveler82thetraveler82 Member Posts: 96 Arc User
    Hello-hello AGAIN, Forumers! ^_^

I see that you're playing this Crystalline Entity thing with great passion. :P Unfortunately, I have no such passion in UTTERLY destroying a Cosmos-born and bred at warp speeds, planet-sized-sucker-of-biospheres, but STILL... AWESOME and, quite frankly, LOVABLE snowflake!!! :(( ((((
    Anyway, back to serious stuff... Guys, would you, PLEASE, ask the Devs to PROLONG this Event by another, let's say,... A WEEK? So I can get my 10 y.o. niece that Crystalline Spike and Torpedo that she always DREAMT of having them in the fight against such... Cosmic... thingy... STUFF?! :D

Pretty please? ^_^
    I love Science! STO science. B)
  • dariusturaldariustural Member Posts: 94 Arc User
    After completing and getting my rewards, I am unable to load the crystalline spike into my kit. Log out / log in, and I still get the message "It looks like you cannot do this right now. Try a little bit later". Where is my Picard facepalm when I need it?
  • monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    After completing and getting my rewards, I am unable to load the crystalline spike into my kit. Log out / log in, and I still get the message "It looks like you cannot do this right now. Try a little bit later". Where is my Picard facepalm when I need it?

You need to be in a ground map to change kit modules. I've only seen that error message when trying to change kit modules in a space map.

As for my "Picard facepalm" signature pic, I removed it. The recent forum maintenance somehow made signature pics way too big.

Edit: Hmm.....seems we only have 1 hour to edit our posts now.
  • monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    LoL!

I assumed the kit module was going to be created like an engineer's fabrication, like a shield generator. Instead it turns out you throw the crystalline thingy at an enemy like a grenade. It sure is a fun kit module. :D
    hawkwing43 wrote: »

I promised a few pics of CE deaths. You'll have to scroll down the the ninth post at the link below.

arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline/#/discussion/1045466/epic-screenshot-thread-is-epic/p66

• raj011raj011 Member Posts: 987 Arc User
    I did this event twice with different charcters today and did not recieve the crystalline shard.