test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

What is Good and Bad...

For the last five years of gaming on STO, I watched the servers went from being smooth on gameplay to some what choppy on some PVE events...never saw an issue in PVP, although I ended my playtime there, a few years ago.

During that time, I max my system for this game, time and time again. To the point, where I got my hands on a 4gig VGA, just last year I think, twice I believe. The first card crashed with an update that killed it. Second one is holding. All done to help the game flow work at a decent rate.

But along those years, folks have put it out there, it is not the online issue of play, *although, the gateways between STO to one's PC have been down of late, even now as this written, there are two currently offline and bypassed*. Just this Wednesday past, and finally getting it. Got the higher broadband speeds in FIOS, the difference between DSL and that, is night and day, literally.

After some load test upstream and down, this game was tested for response times, and to see if the gateway issues that ongoing would affect the gameplay.

Picking the most heaviest PVE scenarios, I notice the framerate and some lag were a little lesser now (not by much mind you), but on DSL, it was much worse.

And I have now concluded for myself, although the premise has been breached before, time and time again, in the last few years. In many threads currently and long gone.

The issues of gameplay flow is not on my system, it is with the STO servers, especially the GAME ENGINE and it's age.

I know the full rant on costs of getting a new one. But at some time, down that road. That bridge has to be built...cause the tech to play this game is exceeding your own tech and engine.

I just wanted to say that finally...after watching the debate for a long time.

Peace.

52611496918_3c42b8bab8.jpg
Departing from Sol *Earth* by Carlos A Smith,on Flickr
SPACE---The Last and Great Frontier. A 14th-year journey
Vna res, una mens, unum cor et anima una. Cetera omnia, somnium est.