test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Does the Exocomp (Maintenance Engineer) DOff affect the new craftable batteries?

What the title says.

Wondering if I need to keep this DOff slotted if I'm using the new batteries.
Formerly Known as Protector from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
STOSIG.png
Please enable us to buy a token with Zen to faction change a 25th Century FED to a TOS FED.

Best Answers

• Options
    orion0029orion0029 Member Posts: 1,122 Bug Hunter
    edited August 2015 Answer ✓
    Just tried a Reactive Armor Catalyst and a Battery - Energy Amplifier, and it seems they all into the same category as the Red Matter Capacitor, I immediatly noticed a +5 all power levels.

Oh, an added bonus, the Armor Catalyst triggered my Conductive RCS accelerator too! :D

Edit: Tried a Battery - Hull Patch, same +5 power levels, but did not trigger the Conductive RCS Accelerator. :/ (Might be because I was at full hull strength when I popped it. Will test more.)

Edit 2: Tried Hull Patch 6 more times (at <100% Hull), didn't trigger Conductive RCS Accelerator.

Edit 3: Fooled around with the Energy amplifiers (and a calculator lol), they do NOT gain the +10% weapons damage bonus (like weapons batteries get) from the Exocomp, but do gain the +5 all power levels, so it seems that the "Red Matter Capacitor" category on the Exocomp should be instead "Other Batteries".

Edit 4: Just tried the hull patch, energy amplifier, and reactive armor catalyst with the Quartermaster (battery recharge time variant), and none of them recharge any faster. Each timed out at 1 minute. (Used Kitchen timer to be certain)
    Post edited by orion0029 on
  • Options
    SanoSano Member Posts: 101 Arc User
    Answer ✓
    Regarding Part 4:
    A battery-quartermaster does not reduce cd on the item itself but it does reduce the cd put on all the other new bats when using one.