test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

So who else blew through 200k dilithium all at once upgrading?

not me, I went through 100k, trying to upgrade my Rom Plasma...........and not ONE of them so far has gone up in rarity. One of them even has 15% rarity and still didn't. I didn't even want Epic gear, I just wanted it to get an extra proc.

I think I'll wait until the omega event for the full upgrade, I could've bought a few more pieces of gear with the dil I wasted

Comments

• Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,070 Community Moderator
    Well they did say only Tech Points were being doubled during the event. Not Research Points.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    atalossataloss Member Posts: 563 Arc User
    That's the reason they invented the upgrade system, to take Dill. If everyone had 100,000 refined dill lying around, they could convert it to zen. That's why I NEVER upgrade, it's a blatant setup.
    One day Cryptic will be free from their Perfect World overlord. Until that day comes, they will continue to pamper the whales of this game, and ignore everyone that isn't a whale.
  • Options
    kyrrokkyrrok Member Posts: 1,352 Arc User
    I'm hard pressed to disagree. It's still a strain on the dilithium supplies, just slightly less of one. Even so, if this were a permanent change, it might be more sustainable. Since the upgrading goes back up to full price on Monday, I'm done.
  • Options
    lingeringsoul888lingeringsoul888 Member Posts: 509 Arc User
    well, I'm giving up upgrading any rep items........I'll stick to my budget builds for the other character. May not have the same feel good effect of decimating enemy ships but they still get the job done.....just a bit slower
  • Options
    seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    Yeah, it takes half as many kits but you get half the upgrade chance.. meaning that the total gain from the event is a big fat zero.

Very disappointing.. but I guess it was to be expected. I should have known they wouldn't give a hand to those of us trying to make that final push in rarity.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • Options
    delftnl wrote: »

that stubborn warp core.......lol
  • Options
    warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    rattler2 wrote: »
    Well they did say only Tech Points were being doubled during the event. Not Research Points.

Reading is OP, Cryptic plz nerf.
    XzRTofz.gif
  • Options
    farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User
    I sure didn't cause I don't have that kind of Dil to blow. I don't even have half that amount. :/
    Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
    Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.
  • Options
    supergirl1611supergirl1611 Member Posts: 809 Arc User
    Rep gear is very expensive to upgrade and is from experience unless you are very lucky for it hit rarity often it can be in access of 27%. The Iconian warp core i got to mk xiv Ultra Rare cost over 200k dil.

• Options
    when I upgraded the kinetic cutting beam, I just though i didn't have much luck......but after this......I know better now. I'll just stick to the mark 14 and call it a day.
  • Options
    kittyflofykittyflofy Member Posts: 1,004 Arc User
    I will never ever waste even 20k of dilithium in upgrades. I am not getting fooled lol. I have about 20 omega upgrades that is the only thing i will use to upgrade anything. And those are dilithium free, so. Besides i have more than enough with my MKXIIs, not going to throw away my precious dilithium in so ridiculous high ammounts. Guys who feel the need to have the best of the best. . well , knowck yourself out.
  • Options
    breadandcircusesbreadandcircuses Member Posts: 2,355 Arc User
    edited July 2015

Reading is OP, Cryptic plz nerf.

It's amazing that you dare to say such things...
    READING IS OP! PLZ NERF!

...even if it has been officially recognized...
    Reading is OP :D

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

...that reading has certain balance issues.
    Ym9x9Ji.png
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    I do not like Geko ether.
    iconians wrote: »
    With each passing day I wonder if I stepped into an alternate reality. The Cubs win the world series. Donald Trump is President. Britain leaves the EU. STO gets a dedicated PvP season. Engineers are "out of control" in STO.​​
  • Options
    nikephorusnikephorus Member Posts: 2,744 Arc User
    I spent approximately 200k dilithium upgrading two of my beam arrays to epic. I'm not very lucky with the rarity upgrade chance. :-\ I don't really have anything else to spend dilithium on so it's not really a huge deal, but yeah...upgrade system sucks. Not a fan of anything that's a chance at something. I'm not a gambler.
    Tza0PEl.png
  • Options
    sadorsador Member Posts: 93 Arc User
    I have one item I will continue to feed Dilithium until it's orange. My Phaser 2 pistol.
  • Options
    nikephorusnikephorus Member Posts: 2,744 Arc User
    sador wrote: »
    I have one item I will continue to feed Dilithium until it's orange. My Phaser 2 pistol.

Hah that's awesome! I want to upgrade mine to epic as well!
    Tza0PEl.png
  • Options
    breadandcircusesbreadandcircuses Member Posts: 2,355 Arc User
    edited July 2015

Careful. I got lucky and got my Federation Type 3 Phaser Rifle to Epic and it didn't gain anything. You might want to check for a Bug Report on the Type 2 before spending more dilithium there...
    Ym9x9Ji.png
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    I do not like Geko ether.
    iconians wrote: »
    With each passing day I wonder if I stepped into an alternate reality. The Cubs win the world series. Donald Trump is President. Britain leaves the EU. STO gets a dedicated PvP season. Engineers are "out of control" in STO.​​
  • Options
    kittyflofykittyflofy Member Posts: 1,004 Arc User

Careful. I got lucky and got my Federation Type 3 Phaser Rifle to Epic and it didn't gain anything. You might want to check for a Bug Report on the Type 2 before spending more dilithium there...

A lot of weapons are still bugged to the upgrade system. Since ages ago. My guess is, people really dont care anymore. Another reason i will never ever waste dilithium in the upgrade system.
  • Options
    lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,827 Arc User
    ataloss wrote: »
    That's the reason they invented the upgrade system, to take Dill. If everyone had 100,000 refined dill lying around, they could convert it to zen. That's why I NEVER upgrade, it's a blatant setup.

lol...who wants to convert in this exchange?...500k Dilithium and I can't even afford a T5 ship....much less what I've been hoping for.

They want people buy zen to convert to dilithium...
  • Options
    shadowwraith77shadowwraith77 Member Posts: 6,395 Arc User

Reading things, is so hard and a lost art these days!
    tumblr_nq9ec3BSAy1qj6sk2o2_500_zpspkqw0mmk.gif

Praetor of the -RTS- Romulan Tal Shiar fleet!

• Options
    peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    I intend to burn 50 superior experimental upgrades with 50 1,5% quality booster on one of my toons romulan engine later so less than 100k will be vaporized. Would have done it anyway because I have no clue what to do with my millions over millions of dil.

Disappointing to see that this weekend won’t help me with this endeavour. My bad I guess. Disappointing is the first word I associate with Cryptic for the better part of a year. Lol, I really should know better by now.
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • Options
    seriousdaveseriousdave Member Posts: 2,777 Arc User
    Both my iconian shield and core jumped to UR when I ugraded them from mk12 to 13 with superior kits and w/o quality boosters. So ,yeah.... dumb luck FTW, I guess. :p
  • Options
    peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    Both my iconian shield and core jumped to UR when I ugraded them from mk12 to 13 with superior kits and w/o quality boosters. So ,yeah.... dumb luck FTW, I guess. :p

GZ to you. Sometimes it happens. :)

animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • Options
    woodwhitywoodwhity Member Posts: 2,636 Arc User
    Well, RNG is a stupid witch with "b".​​
  • Options
    foxrockssocksfoxrockssocks Member Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    I suspect I'll have burned through 200k by the end of the weekend once I put my crafters into full swing.

At least for me, this event is great since I chiefly care about getting things to mk 14, and never have enough kits for all my needs, but plenty of dil.
  • Options
    maddog0000doommaddog0000doom Member Posts: 1,017 Arc User
    i have a antiproton beam crtdx3 [over] XIV , sitting at 58% rarity chance and still nothing with all the dil i spent on this one beam i could have upgraded a whole ship
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    architect13architect13 Member Posts: 1,076 Arc User
    Ok then. I have a half dozen or so UR beams between mk 7-9 which failed to make epic while using an omega starting at 2. What it's the best way persue epic?
    Have you tried the new forum on your phone?
  • Options
    lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    edited July 2015
    The RNGesus is a b itch. Yesterday I upgraded some polaron beams. The very first one went gold at mk IV and got the mods I was looking for. The rest, nothing.