test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

600 Million DPS ISA Parse

lsegnlsegn Member Posts: 594 Arc User
Somebody please tell me this is a flaw with the new parser...

http://youtu.be/VVdAh6nvYLY

Comments

• darthraiderxxxdarthraiderxxx Member Posts: 200 Arc User
    I hope you don't plan on creating 600 million threads on this....
  • thegrandnagus1thegrandnagus1 Member Posts: 5,165 Arc User
    I hope you don't plan on creating 600 million threads on this....

Funny :p

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • lsegnlsegn Member Posts: 594 Arc User
    It's not my fault Vanilla sucks TRIBBLE.
  • thegrandnagus1thegrandnagus1 Member Posts: 5,165 Arc User
    lsegn wrote: »

Maybe not, but it's not like everyone posts 3 duplicate threads either ;)

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • hyplhypl Member Posts: 3,719 Arc User
    Is it the new science consoles? Are they buffing waaay too much or something? :o
    hypl wrote: »
    Is it the new science consoles? Are they buffing waaay too much or something? :o

I can't tell, I'm hoping this is an exploit.

It doesn't happen every time... I erased the other threads but I couldn't delete them. Again, don't blame me for how glitchy Vanilla is.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    It doesn't happen every time... I erased the other threads but I couldn't delete them. Again, don't blame me for how glitchy Vanilla is.
    It's an IO error. :p
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • orion0029orion0029 Member Posts: 1,122 Bug Hunter
    Ok, fisrtly I'd suggest removing the two duplicate threads to this.

On topic, stuff like this is the reason why we have such a dps-centric mess for STF missions... the 600 mil dps player should have filed a bug report that some of his/her equipment was dealing unusually high damage in detail.

However, since this was recorded and posted on YouTube, I suspect that Adv/Elite enemies are gonna get ANOTHER HP buff to compensate for players dealing enormous amounts of damage. :(

Sorry, Cryptic but I don't have any expectations of dps abilities getting under control in the future. I'm just hoping that the 'fix' that results from this won't result in me abandoning Adv. STF's as being too difficult... again. (Just starting to get back to doing them.)
    orion0029 wrote: »

On topic, stuff like this is the reason why we have such a dps-centric mess for STF missions... the 600 mil dps player should have filed a bug report that some of his/her equipment was dealing unusually high damage in detail.

However, since this was recorded and posted on YouTube, I suspect that Adv/Elite enemies are gonna get ANOTHER HP buff to compensate for players dealing enormous amounts of damage. :(

Sorry, Cryptic but I don't have any expectations of dps abilities getting under control in the future. I'm just hoping that the 'fix' that results from this won't result in me abandoning Adv. STF's as being too difficult... again. (Just starting to get back to doing them.)

It's most likely some sort of bug or more likely an exploit.
  • primar13primar13 Member Posts: 1,896 Bug Hunter
    edited July 2015

• It's a Bug regarding the Scienc Consoles
    • Yes He Filed a Bug Report
    • They Filmed it to Better illustrate what was happening to the Devs
    • They Kept the Video unlisted to prevent these threads from happening.
    • as expected people heard, and it spread like wildfire.
    • It's Been Fixed internally.
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,008 Community Moderator
    Holy...

That was some...

(Censored Word)

Dude even oneshot the GATE! WHILE TRANSFORMERS WERE ALIVE!

That's just wrong man... At least there is a visual record of this, but we still need to determine the cause. What combination of Gear and Buffs caused that, as we didn't see this behavior through the entire STF. If he was capable of oneshotting the Gate, that Tac Cube should have been vaporized just by him looking at it but wasn't, which means its gotta be some combination of Buffs and Gear.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • darthraiderxxxdarthraiderxxx Member Posts: 200 Arc User
    primar13 wrote: »

A buff that buffs itself? Infinite buff loop for everyone! How did QA miss this in the first place? Really no excuse for stuff like that to happen.
  • dichtbringerdichtbringer Member Posts: 120 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    42 Second HSE run for your pleasure.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OijzDkreOak&feature=youtu.be

21 Second CCA run with 38 Trillion DPS: Crystalline[0:21]— Dmg(DPS) —SOB 805,257,714,073,600(38,345,606,430,720)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S2qPWJneaoo

There is no exploit. You equip the new console. You win. I wouldn't hold my breath that they will wait til Thursday, my bet is on emergency downtime. ​​
    STO Voice Control Tutorial Video: WATCH
    ELITE STF SPEED RECORDS (time on optional remaining):
    S07: KASE: 12:54 | CSE: 13:20 | ISE: 12:38 All held personally, my POV
    LOR: KASE: 13:19 | CSE: 13:47 | ISE: 13:34 None held personally, other player's POV
    S08: coming soon
  • sarcasmdetectorsarcasmdetector Member Posts: 1,176 Media Corps
    It was reported, and we asked people not to repost the videos.
  • trekpuppytrekpuppy Member Posts: 446 Arc User
    Can we please attack the Iconians now and wipe them out forever?!
    ---
    "-Grind is good!" --Gordon Geko
    Accolades checklist: https://bit.ly/FLUFFYS
  • dgdolphdgdolph Member Posts: 592 Arc User
    Besides the fact that this video is showing a clearly broken game, there's also something wrong with the combat log or the combat log reader! 600 mio DPS? I call bs.

In a true 600 mio DPS ISA run, the run would have been over in less than a second. Srsly, just add up NPC HP values and do the math. All this proves is the existence of a broken log or the fact that CLR can't handle buttloads of fake-dmg.

Did you try impoting the log into another reader like ACT? Just to find out where the error can be found - log or reader.
  • dichtbringerdichtbringer Member Posts: 120 Arc User
    dgdolph: you are right, the reader (both scm and clr) don't seem to handle the extremely large numbers correctly. The reason is probably that after a certain size of damage, the combatlog uses exponential annotation (like Dual Antiproton Banks - Fire at Will III,Pn.W3kf531,AntiProton,Critical|Kill,1.02832e+014,8.23704e+013 --- which is 102 Trillion inflicted damage in one shot). ​​
    STO Voice Control Tutorial Video: WATCH
    ELITE STF SPEED RECORDS (time on optional remaining):
    S07: KASE: 12:54 | CSE: 13:20 | ISE: 12:38 All held personally, my POV
    LOR: KASE: 13:19 | CSE: 13:47 | ISE: 13:34 None held personally, other player's POV
    S08: coming soon
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,008 Community Moderator
    dgdolph wrote: »
    Besides the fact that this video is showing a clearly broken game, there's also something wrong with the combat log or the combat log reader! 600 mio DPS? I call bs.

In a true 600 mio DPS ISA run, the run would have been over in less than a second. Srsly, just add up NPC HP values and do the math. All this proves is the existence of a broken log or the fact that CLR can't handle buttloads of fake-dmg.

Did you try impoting the log into another reader like ACT? Just to find out where the error can be found - log or reader.

I think his buffs ran out. Word is the new Krenim Sci Consoles are affecting buffs as well as themselves, so the damage output is through the roof as long as you got all your damage enhancing buffs active.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)

This wasn't filmed by member of the DPS league it was noticed accidentally by another player. If I had known otherwise I wouldn't have posted this thread but as everything seems to have been taken care of I rest my case.
    Y'all have to admit this is pretty hilarious.
  • dgdolphdgdolph Member Posts: 592 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    dgdolph: you are right, the reader (both scm and clr) don't seem to handle the extremely large numbers correctly. The reason is probably that after a certain size of damage, the combatlog uses exponential annotation (like Dual Antiproton Banks - Fire at Will III,Pn.W3kf531,AntiProton,Critical|Kill,1.02832e+014,8.23704e+013 --- which is 102 Trillion inflicted damage in one shot). ​​
    Well, so I guess it won't be necessary to fix this issue inside CLR since cryptic is hopefully going to fix this issue within their game :)

Anyway I always had the impression that CLR had a lot of trouble with fake dmg. Hilberts ACT plugin always seemed to be more accurate, especially when it came to PvP.
    Even if it's not necessary, someone from the CLR team should really take a look on that.
  • orion0029orion0029 Member Posts: 1,122 Bug Hunter
    primar13 wrote: »

... Wow, that's a welcome surprise.

I'll have to add +1 point to my faith in Cryptic for fixing bugs.

I stand corrected on my pessimism, and I salute you @primar13.

*Salutes*
  • rmy1081rmy1081 Member Posts: 2,840 Arc User

I thought it was funny and I think you guys did a great service. Anyone who thinks you were exploiting and not bringing light to an obvious bug needs to get their head checked. Your league needs to make a bloopers record chart and put things like that on it. It certainty won't be the last time something like that happens.
  • shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    LMAO!!! :D This just keeps getting better and better.
    So Cryptic finally gave people the 'I WIN' button.....literaly. :D
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • coupaholiccoupaholic Member Posts: 2,188 Arc User
    Y'all have to admit this is pretty hilarious.

I did giggle a bit at the end of that HSE run when the queen says 'this is not the end'. Pretty sure it is the end when a single ship vaporised your entire fleet in seconds sweetheart.​​
  • warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    These videos are fantastic and gave me a good laugh about the direction this game embraces <3
    XzRTofz.gif
  • nandospcnandospc Member Posts: 1,260 Arc User
  • kitsunesnoutkitsunesnout Member Posts: 1,210 Arc User
    I can only think of how many innocent people got afk penalties because of this...