test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Wow, they fixed the forums!

repetitiveepicrepetitiveepic Member Posts: 6,549 Arc User
Quotes have a contrasting background now, a nav bar at the bottom!

By golly, these forums are better than the old ones now!

And what is this? Posts are boxed so it's not just a sea of black!

ETA and what is this! Edit marks aren't DANGER RED anymore!

And bigger avatars, and nice colors that are pleasing to the eye!

Good on Ya!

So good ah!
free jkname.

#MOGA Make Orions Green Again

zsoRuFM.jpg

Comments

• pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
    Thanks!

10chars/
  • quepanquepan Member Posts: 540 Arc User
    looks good . LT
  • thegrandnagus1thegrandnagus1 Member Posts: 5,166 Arc User
    Agreed, this is definitely an improvement. Kudos to those involved.

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • captainmal3captainmal3 Member Posts: 436 Arc User
    You have an interesting definition of 'fixed'. 'Not quite as horribly broken as it was before' might be more accurate.
  • eiledoneiledon Member Posts: 595 Arc User
    nice of them to catch up with the community ;D record time for cryptic/pwe too 7H0tNfX.png​​
  • rakhohl#4803 rakhohl Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    I agree. Well done! Much easier to read and the bottom nav bar alone is worth a pound of bacon. Thanks for your efforts, Trendy!
    lljAN7v.png
  • shadowwraith77shadowwraith77 Member Posts: 6,395 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    Definitely nice changes but, the blue lettering [not the boxed blue saying announcement, it is fine] could be just a tad bit brighter IMO, not complaining! It's just that blue, can be visually hard on the eyes!

Otherwise, me likes the changes a lot.

tumblr_nq9ec3BSAy1qj6sk2o2_500_zpspkqw0mmk.gif

Praetor of the -RTS- Romulan Tal Shiar fleet!

• arachnaasarachnaas Member Posts: 118 Arc User
    Looks really nice.
    Had to do a six eye blink a few times as the changes happened mid-post for me.
  • orion0029orion0029 Member Posts: 1,122 Bug Hunter
    So my Arc client isn't having a meltdown? Whew! Thought I was experiencing some kind of software hiccup...

Click refresh, then everything changes... hehe. Good to know it's on purpose. :)

Looks good too, nicely done.
  • crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,115 Arc User
    The new look/format is nicer. Still needs restoration of a 'Dev Post Tracker' <--- That's something I really still miss from the vbulletin STO board.
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User
    I like it. This was much needed. It was hard to determine what was quote. And having to scroll to the top to flip the page.
    Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
    Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.
  • lan451lan451 Member Posts: 3,386 Arc User
    Ahh very nice. I like actually being able to see people's avatars instead of having avatars for ants. :p
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
  • medalionemissarymedalionemissary Member Posts: 612 Arc User
    zOMG!!! The Krenim weapon worked!!! I said to fire it at the STO FOrums and look we have wrought :)
    Deep Space Nine in HD, make it so!
  • tritan2409tritan2409 Member Posts: 101 Arc User
    gotta say, freaked me out a tad when i clicked next page and all was different, deffo a step in the right direction :)
  • cmdrscarletcmdrscarlet Member Posts: 5,137 Arc User
    Niiice. Next up: page numbers at the bottom of the posts.

Maybe forcing/enforcing a sig size limit.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    Definitely nice changes but, the blue lettering [not the boxed blue saying announcement, it is fine] could be just a tad bit brighter IMO, not complaining! It's just that blue, can be visually hard on the eyes!

Otherwise, me likes the changes a lot.
    Yeah, it's good, except the new color scheme.

Now to see if we ever get back the old forum's coolest feature.... And by old forum I mean the Atari Forum. I loved how our forum PM box was shared with the in-game mail system. :D
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    Yes, this is definitely MUCH better. I can actually use this form without 3rd party extensions.

Big thank you to everyone involved in this process. It was badly needed and is greatly appreciated.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    Yayyyyy... I"m a regular size Minion avatar again... not an ANTMAN Minion.

Thanks Trendy and the other Folk for all the hard work!
    B)
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • captainoblivouscaptainoblivous Member Posts: 2,284 Arc User
    daveyny wrote: »
    Yayyyyy... I"m a regular size Minion again... not an Antman Minion.
    B)

Banana?

This is a step in the right direction, for sure!
    I need a beer.

• kimonykimony Member Posts: 571 Arc User
    Some nice work. Thank you. Now if only I could post in them without playing musical browsers..
    47si4rE.png

#SaucersForever #TrianglesCutDeep #TeamBeta #ShipOneisNumberOne
  • shadowwraith77shadowwraith77 Member Posts: 6,395 Arc User
    daveyny wrote: »
    Yayyyyy... I"m a regular size Minion again... not an Antman Minion.
    B)

Banana?

This is a step in the right direction, for sure!

It's upside down peanut butter jelly time!
    tumblr_nq9ec3BSAy1qj6sk2o2_500_zpspkqw0mmk.gif

Praetor of the -RTS- Romulan Tal Shiar fleet!

• gazurtoidgazurtoid Member Posts: 423 Arc User
    These changes are a significant improvement. Its not only more legible, but a lot more aesthetically pleasing.

Thanks Trendy and any others at PWE/Cryptic involved in this latest change
    yjkZSeM.gif
  • ilithynilithyn Member Posts: 903 Arc User
    Fixed has variable definitions, fixed is unacceptable.

Seriously though, this is such a major improvement. I had almost given up hope that I would be able to browse this place without getting a major headache within 10 minutes, but this is soooo much better. Thank you.
    Logic is the beginning of wisdom, not the end of it.
  • rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,521 Community Moderator
    Huh... I leave to catch some sleep, and do some stuff after I wake up and you guys remodel.

Nice...
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • rmy1081rmy1081 Member Posts: 2,840 Arc User
    I love the changes. The readability has greatly improved.
  • kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1
    this is a definite win! I hope you aren't done improving but MANY thanks for this much already! :)
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo1_400.gif
    tacofangs wrote: »
    STO isn't canon, and neither are any of the books.
  • minababeminababe Member Posts: 182 Arc User
    Thank you so much for improving the forums. I can see everything much better now! :)
    My Foundry Mission--Name: Falling Star | Mission ID: HQIH36HAW | Faction: FED
  • rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,521 Community Moderator
    Well... one thing I am happy about is being able to see avatars. Now EVERYONE can see that Erza's just as confused as I am! lol

Couldn't resist. ^^
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • jonathanlonehawkjonathanlonehawk Member Posts: 674 Arc User
    Very nice work @pwlaughingtrendy ! Now, if I could only use BBCode in my signature (as I can in my posts), all would be great! :)
    Formerly Known as Protector from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    STOSIG.png
    Please enable us to buy a token with Zen to faction change a 25th Century FED to a TOS FED.