test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Reactive Armor Catalysts, whats your thoughts on this week's Reward? For Broken Circle

2»

Comments

• Options
    orion0029orion0029 Member Posts: 1,122 Bug Hunter
    The real funny thing about these little wonders is they would be of great help to lower level players, but after the Broken Circle mission is no longer 'Featured' they will effectively be restricted to level 60 characters... :/
  • Options
    farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User
    orion0029 wrote: »
    Indeed, account bind on pickup would be a nice compromise... However, since these things are effectively 'Hypos' I'm still confused as to why something like this would be bind on pickup at all.

If they were something else like those pesky Scorpion fighter devices, I could understand it and wouldn't complain, but a bind on pickup hypo? WTF?

One thing is for certian, at this rate very few of my characters are going to be using them (two, maybe three), for this reason alone.

This is why more likely I will not go for them as reward. So far the rifle will get the reward. To me I should be able to craft them for all my characters. Then I would go for it. So they are more likely get a pass as I move on to the next FE.
    Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
    Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.
  • Options
    seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    angrytarg wrote: »
    I see it as a device that completely replaces low-lvl engineering abilities, further pushing those into obscurity.​​

While I really like these items.. I do see the point here.

Engineers had very few advantages to begin with, and now my Tactical Officer can craft free uses of 'Miracle Worker' whenever he wants.

Honestly though, this has been the trend the game has been taking for a while. I already deleted my Engineer characters and re-made them as Tactical Officers. There is simply no reason to play anything else, Tactical Officers can do everything that Engineers and Science Captains can do, but none of those classes can replicate a Tactical Officer.

I like the devices, I use them and I am happy to have them, but yes.. this is another nail in the coffin of every class that's not a Tactical Officer.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • Options
    lighte007lighte007 Member Posts: 390 Arc User
    Now the next consumable will possibly do something amazing like Hazard Emitters.. or even better than Science Team.. and Shield Batteries.

Hazard Emitters + Shield Batteries ability = no need for Hazard Emitters.. lol
    The Rising of the Delta is the best expansion ever, and people love it to death because it is a good day to die in the endless struggle for supremacy of your own conviction. (A spin off of the Delta Rising is the best expansion ever and all the players love it.)
  • Options
    velquavelqua Member Posts: 1,220 Arc User
    So Jevonite received an upgrade...

I doubt if I use these. If you depend too much on them, you need to reconsider your build. I can see these being useful to vapers who push the builds to max DPS and need to survive.
    18662390068_f716cd60e3.jpg
  • Options
    neomodiousneomodious Member Posts: 428 Arc User
    weren't all craftable items supposed to be able to be put on the exchange?​​
  • Options
    orion0029orion0029 Member Posts: 1,122 Bug Hunter
    neomodious wrote: »
    weren't all craftable items supposed to be able to be put on the exchange?​​

Aye, back in the day when the R&D system was being released the Devs did say everything made from R&D was going to be tradeable and account bind (not character bind)....

It seems times have changed. :(
  • Options
    seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    velqua wrote: »
    If you depend too much on them, you need to reconsider your build.

With a 2M cooldown, they aren't really good for people to depend on. They also share global cooldown with other batteries as well as the RMC. What they are good for is a 'panic button' for when you get yourself into trouble and need a quick escape. Just because you occasionally might take some damage doesn't mean you don't have a good build. ;)
    Insert witty signature line here.