test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Bad Luck or Bad odds, New traits from Delta Alliance Doff packs

hyefatherhyefather Member Posts: 1,286 Arc User
Just curious, I wouldn't think that a trait would be as rare as a ship (but in these case even rarer if you can believe it). I opened 20 doff packs and didn't get 1 trait. So I said to myself "I'll just buy it off the exchange". Uhh. No I won't 150-250 million for a trait. Whats going on here. The odds on these things can't be that small, can they. Anyone else have a run of bad luck like I did or are they really that hard to get. And whats up with those exchange prices? Ships sell for less, even half.

Comments

• otisnobleotisnoble Member Posts: 1,290 Arc User
    hyefather wrote: »
    Just curious, I wouldn't think that a trait would be as rare as a ship (but in these case even rarer if you can believe it). I opened 20 doff packs and didn't get 1 trait. So I said to myself "I'll just buy it off the exchange". Uhh. No I won't 150-250 million for a trait. Whats going on here. The odds on these things can't be that small, can they. Anyone else have a run of bad luck like I did or are they really that hard to get. And whats up with those exchange prices? Ships sell for less, even half.

the rarer the item the worst the scalpers come out.
    Fleet Admiral Stephen
  • kittyflofykittyflofy Member Posts: 1,004 Arc User
    I opened 20 doff packs and didn't get 1 trait.

Are you kidding me?? post again when you have opened 200. Well, if you are very lucky in the 21th you will get the trait.. lol.
  • hyefatherhyefather Member Posts: 1,286 Arc User
    kittyflofy wrote: »
    I opened 20 doff packs and didn't get 1 trait.

Are you kidding me?? post again when you have opened 200. Well, if you are very lucky in the 21th you will get the trait.. lol.

I hope you didn't open 200. Thats almost 500 bucks real world cash. My point is I spent 50 dollors trying to win a pixel. I mean, I could have bought the witcher 3 wild hunt for what I was willing to give for a item upgrade. Someone needs to take me behind that barn and beat me up. I deserve it.

Really, whats so bad about this is. Its a dagg gone trait. To top it off theres 3 of them. If this is what the lottery game has evolved into. I give up. I believe this may have just broken me. I don't mean money wise, I mean addiction wise. I may have just learned my lesson. Maybe?
  • iceeaglexiceeaglex Member Posts: 375 Arc User
    Which trait cost 250 mil?
  • hyefatherhyefather Member Posts: 1,286 Arc User
    iceeaglex wrote: »
    Which trait cost 250 mil?

I have no idea what it is now. Yesterday, the Attack Pattern Trait was around 200-250mil. Defense Protocol was 150mil and Swarmers was around 150. IMO thats alot of Ecs for a trait. Even at there peak Helmsman and Inspirational Leader never went over 75 and mostly stayed at around 50. I think the drop rate needs to be increased for these. No way should a trait be as rare as a ship. Also becasue of the price diffrence between a Key and Doff pack the trait is even more rarer than a ship. I know cryptic would never change a drop rate. I guess for me its more of a moral problem than anything else. Another reason why cryptic would never do anything about a items drop rate.

I hope you didn't open 200.

I opened 2 of em... what i meant is, the chances of getting the trait are like the big prize, the ship. So one will never expect to get one with just only 20 box opened.. lol. Only if you are really very hyper mega super lucky.
  • taylor1701dtaylor1701d Member Posts: 3,099 Arc User
    I'm still a bit annoyed they put these in lockboxes tbh.
    I refuse to chase traits and boff skills through gambling.
    (I don't agree at all with the gambling aspect, I believe you should pay for an item/ship/or trait you desire, not gamble on "a chance for" but that's another story completely - and is a dead horse that's been discussed many times on these forums).

A long time ago, someone joked; "Next thing we know, greedy Cryptic will be putting Boff skills in lockboxes"
    I never thought it would happen, but... here we are, like 3 years later.
    The prophecy has been fulfilled.

I also wasted 20 keys trying to get Kemo 1, that was when I said Nope, not anymore.
    If I really, really, really, want a lockbox trait/skill/item or ship, I just buy it on the exchange. (As expensive as it might be, at least Ill be getting what I wanted for my money.)

[img][/img]OD5urLn.jpg
  • sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    It seems pretty clear which are the rare drops and how rare they must be. I use attack delta a lot so I was excited about this. But no way I'd pay more than around 10 million for it. Had to shake my head and forget it when I saw the price last week.
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

If I really, really, really, want a lockbox trait/skill/item or ship, I just buy it on the exchange. (As expensive as it might be, at least Ill be getting what I wanted for my money.)

Thats precisely what almost every experienced player does. Because it is the smarter and cheapest move. I dont open lockboxes looking for something specific since ages ago. Its stupid. I used to open one or two boxes every day until a couple of weeks ago. Now i open maybe one or two every week just for the lobi and things like weapons or mining claims or something else.. but not really looking.