test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Odyssey Uniform

hawku001xhawku001x Member Posts: 10,758 Arc User
edited July 2015 in The Academy
Year late question! For Odyssey uniform with white top, do Engineer and Science commanding officers keep their yellow/blue stripe, or do they change over to red?

From the PDF:
SF_CO_service_uniform.png

My Engineer commanding officer.
latest?cb=20150723122948

Post edited by hawku001x on

Comments

• Options
    zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Member Posts: 14,764 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    I thought that, in game, changing the shoulder color to white was the indicator for ranks Captains and above. Or is that just a trending fashion choice?

Edit - Is this the PDF file you were referring to?
    f5cc65bc8f3b91f963e328314df7c48d.jpg
    Sig? What sig? I don't see any sig.
  • Options
    Yep, that's the one! And, yep, it's the indicator for Captain (or, at least, the person who's in command of a starship, despite rank). I just wasn't sure about the red stripe color also applying to Engineers and Science officer Captains.
  • Options
    gradiigradii Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
    Glad to see I don't have to use that ugly brown color on my main anymore. Also, am I correct that admiral ranks have a black shoulder top color? (with the red stripe)

"He shall be my finest warrior, this generic man who was forced upon me.
    Like a badass I shall make him look, and in the furnace of war I shall forge him.
    he shall be of iron will and steely sinew.
    In great armour I shall clad him and with the mightiest weapons he shall be armed.
    He will be untouched by plague or disease; no sickness shall blight him.
    He shall have such tactics, strategies and machines that no foe will best him in battle.
    He is my answer to cryptic logic, he is the Defender of my Romulan Crew.
    He is Tovan Khev... and he shall know no fear."
  • Options
    Yeah, with gold trim too. Though, the Admiral belt, wrist stripe, and flappy part below the belt, are part of the Odyssey Long Jacket which is only avail to 200 day LTS people. (Anyone know if there are any non-LTS circumstances you can get those uniforms?)
  • Options
    captainoblivouscaptainoblivous Member Posts: 2,284 Arc User
    I've always gone with the colour that denotes their career path (i.e. Blue, gold or red), regardless of whether or not they are a captain. It isn't unprecedented for Admirals to wear gold or blue and I don't see why that couldn't be true for captains.
    That said, I don't use the oddy outfit in any form. I've never found it aesthetically pleasing.

Btw, why have the white shoulders for captains at all? The old soldier in me is screaming about how it just makes them stand out like a sore thumb to a sniper! :P
    I need a beer.

• Options
    edited July 2015
    Yeah, I thought it was odd (oops, pun) when it came out, because it resembled the TNG movie one too much, and the white does make being a headshot easier, but now I don't mind the Odyssey. I like the idea of following Starfleet code. I might go two uniforms, one with the white top and red stripe, and one with the grey top and yellow stripe.

EDIT: By coincidence, I was just watching DS9 The Advesary while typing this. Eddington says, "You don't get to be a Captain wearing a gold uniform." And Sisko replies, "You could always transfer from security to command."
  • Options
    hawku001x wrote: »
    Yeah, I thought it was odd (oops, pun) when it came out, because it resembled the TNG movie one too much, and the white does make being a headshot easier, but now I don't mind the Odyssey. I like the idea of following Starfleet code. I might go two uniforms, one with the white top and red stripe, and one with the grey top and yellow stripe.

EDIT: By coincidence, I was just watching DS9 The Advesary while typing this. Eddington says, "You don't get to be a Captain wearing a gold uniform." And Sisko replies, "You could always transfer from security to command."

Some where in the 23rd Century, Captain Kirk just did a spit-take.

{ no image of Kirk spit take available }
    daily-show-spit-take.gif

• Options
    gradiigradii Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
    Yeah, with gold trim too. Though, the Admiral belt, wrist stripe, and flappy part below the belt, are part of the Odyssey Long Jacket which is only avail to 200 day LTS people. (Anyone know if there are any non-LTS circumstances you can get those uniforms?)

you can get something quite similar to the odyssey long jacket from the fleet starbase.

as for the belt I use the jupiter one for now.

I'm just unsure since she's more of a field commander admiral who uses her ship she commands like a mobile command post.. so does she still wear a black shoulders uniform?

"He shall be my finest warrior, this generic man who was forced upon me.
    Like a badass I shall make him look, and in the furnace of war I shall forge him.
    he shall be of iron will and steely sinew.
    In great armour I shall clad him and with the mightiest weapons he shall be armed.
    He will be untouched by plague or disease; no sickness shall blight him.
    He shall have such tactics, strategies and machines that no foe will best him in battle.
    He is my answer to cryptic logic, he is the Defender of my Romulan Crew.
    He is Tovan Khev... and he shall know no fear."
  • Options
    Yeah, I'd say so. Tuvok is an Admiral who commands a starship, and I believe he has the black shoulders.
  • Options
    warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    Hehe, Starfleet and it's color coding uniforms :D

"You're Yellow!"
    "No! I'm a Red!"
    XzRTofz.gif
  • Options
    It's true. We like to have tea parties in them too.
  • Options
    It's true. We like to have tea parties in them too.

Pics or it didn't happen. LOL Seriously, let;s have some pics of that. Vulcans, Andorians Borg, etc all sitting around a tiny table sipping tea from tiny tea cups. :)

• Options
    primar13primar13 Member Posts: 1,896 Bug Hunter
    edited July 2015
  • Options
    kittyflofykittyflofy Member Posts: 1,004 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    I must say, the other day after a long time without playing with my sarfleet character, i really enjoyed seeing my boffs in their starfleet uniforms.. that was somehow cool :)

Maybe that made me remember that i am playing a star trek game...
  • Options
    ultimatenewbieultimatenewbie Member Posts: 269 Arc User
    I normally leave my fed characters' profession colour alone, except for making it darker than the default. Still, the engineer's yellow/mustard is suboptimal. But, despite being admirals I leave the white shoulders

What really annoys me though is that there is no odyssey skirt for the female characters (or perhaps a tartan for Scottish captains??!?) - what point the lovely long legs of a Trill if you can't show them off??!?