test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Featured Mission based on ST:Enterprise?

What about a Mission thats based on Enterprise? With Time travel being the weakness of the Iconians an Enterprise mission would be perfect. Something about Iconian connections to the Temporal Cold war, Temporal Agents, the "future Guy"?

We already have an NX class, the Uniforms and a Suliban Cell ship. And the Reward would be the Phase Rifle thats on display at the Vendor on ESD for quite some time now. Or a Plasma/Disruptor version for Rom/ KDF

The Krenim Weapon fails or changes the timeline so we can't use the timeship anymore. So we use the Guardian first to prevent the Use of the timeship and then travel back to 2150-60 for whatever reason (maybe to prevent the Iconian attacks from ever happening or to get some Devices Crewman Daniels left behind on Enterprise so we can build "Anti-Iconian" Rifles with knowledge from the 31st century.

Comments

• Options
    thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,101 Arc User
    So long as I finally get ma god damn Enterprise Maco Outfit.
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • Options
    artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    edited July 2015
    thay8472 wrote: »

Oh for goodness sake it's like Beetlejuice with you :p.

Edit: Hmm, that's odd, I made a post in this thread asking for the MACO uniform as well but it isn't showing! How odd. Now my comment doesn't make sense as I said MACO uniform twice :(.​​
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    thomaselkinsthomaselkins Member Posts: 575 Arc User
    Time travel would be a great and obvious way to add Enterprise content, but a while ago I had a different solution. I thought it would be neat if we celebrated Federation Day and we do so by going to a Starfleet museum where the NX-01 is currently docked. We can go aboard the ship, (which would mean canon interior), and speak with holographic recreations of the old crew, (voiced by the original actors of course), and we can earn accolades for exploring and learning about the ship. I would also include the new NX-01 refit designed by Doug Drexler. The mission could involve taking the ship for a spin around the block and maybe participating in a war game recreation of a battle during the Earth-Romulan War.

The only problem with this is I wouldn't know what Romulan and Klingon players could do for this day. They do have their own equivalent of First Contact day though, so I'm sure something could be made for them involving the Enterprise era.
  • Options
    Maybe the Elachi follow us back in time. "Silent Enemy" and decide to go for some easy harvests before running away.
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • Options
    azniadeetazniadeet Member Posts: 1,871 Arc User
    I have a feeling things will be going that way soon. The temporal cold war is an inevitability at this point.
  • Options
    psycoticvulcanpsycoticvulcan Member Posts: 4,160 Arc User
    I always thought it would be cool to time travel to the Earth/Romulan War. Show us a taste of what the show never got a chance to do.
    NJ9oXSO.png
    "Critics who say that the optimistic utopia Star Trek depicted is now outmoded forget the cultural context that gave birth to it: Star Trek was not a manifestation of optimism when optimism was easy. Star Trek declared a hope for a future that nobody stuck in the present could believe in. For all our struggles today, we haven’t outgrown the need for stories like Star Trek. We need tales of optimism, of heroes, of courage and goodness now as much as we’ve ever needed them."
    -Thomas Marrone
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,023 Community Moderator
    edited July 2015
    Time travel would be a great and obvious way to add Enterprise content, but a while ago I had a different solution. I thought it would be neat if we celebrated Federation Day and we do so by going to a Starfleet museum where the NX-01 is currently docked. We can go aboard the ship, (which would mean canon interior), and speak with holographic recreations of the old crew, (voiced by the original actors of course), and we can earn accolades for exploring and learning about the ship. I would also include the new NX-01 refit designed by Doug Drexler. The mission could involve taking the ship for a spin around the block and maybe participating in a war game recreation of a battle during the Earth-Romulan War.

The only problem with this is I wouldn't know what Romulan and Klingon players could do for this day. They do have their own equivalent of First Contact day though, so I'm sure something could be made for them involving the Enterprise era.

The only problem I see with this idea is the NX Refit. As far as I know that not considered Canon, even though it was planned to appear in Enterprise. Technicality due to the show ending before the Earth/Romulan War. It would be like trying to add the Phase 2 Enterprise. Never seen on screen and CBS probably doesn't have the rights to either design.

For the KDF, I can see them getting an Ent era disruptor pistol like the one seen in Broken Bow or a Ent era BoP. Romulans... hm... The T'varo is C-Store, there really wasn't much Romulan stuff in Ent besides the uniforms (Which are reused Nemesis uniforms) and Cloaked Mines... Unless we want a playable Drone Ship but we got those as pets.

I'm right there with ya thay! Ent MACO!
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    willamsheridanwillamsheridan Member Posts: 1,189 Arc User
    rattler2 wrote: »

The only problem I see with this idea is the NX Refit. As far as I know that not considered Canon, even though it was planned to appear in Enterprise. Technicality due to the show ending before the Earth/Romulan War. It would be like trying to add the Phase 2 Enterprise. Never seen on screen and CBS probably doesn't have the rights to either design.

For the KDF, I can see them getting an Ent era disruptor pistol like the one seen in Broken Bow or a Ent era BoP. Romulans... hm... The T'varo is C-Store, there really wasn't much Romulan stuff in Ent besides the uniforms (Which are reused Nemesis uniforms) and Cloaked Mines... Unless we want a playable Drone Ship but we got those as pets.

I'm right there with ya thay! Ent MACO!

No, please no. The Phase 2 NX looks horrible. with the "engineering section". The only good NX"Refit" is the NX-02, Columbia. And the last scene of Enterprise shows the NX-01 in Original configuration so i am not sure the Phase 2 ever existed. But i am absolutely no Fan of all the changes made in "these are the voyages" the "Columbia" bridge , the different Uniforms. I think we should just consider the original NX-01, original uniforms to be thhe only accurate thing.

Man, i just watched the final scene of Enterprise again. Back then, for me, it was the End of an Era because with the JJ Trek coming up i thought there would be no more TV shows for a long time and i think there really won't be. I am still getting really emotional every time i watch this.

The T'Varo is c-store, the NX class too, same for the Kumari and D'kyr. The Somraw is a normal playable ship.

WE don't have to get a ship as Reward for that mission, just normal Weapons, itmes, gear like we get from the Current missions, we also don't get a Herold ship from Broken circle.

But we have enough ships for more than one Enterprise Episode. I think Kumari and NX can be adapted so that the Kumari isn't several times stronger than the NX.

Only problem would be to get the original Actors. Archer, Shran,(maybe Trip, Reed, T'Pol, Hoshi, Mayweather) and maybe even Soval (Gary Graham is currently working on Axanar so still a part of the "franchise", mabye he would join STO, telling us again why time travel is impossible)
  • Options
    kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1

you can have your retro MACO outfit... but only AFTER I get my Praetorian Guard (or other romulan appropriate name) Armor/outfit
  • Options

you can have your retro MACO outfit... but only AFTER I get my Praetorian Guard (or other romulan appropriate name) Armor/outfit

You get in line!

We Maco guys are first!

You'll get rags and like it!
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • Options

You get in line!

We Maco guys are first!

After I get my Jupiter and Typhoon.

The problem with meting ENT crew members is I would be really tempted to kill Archer and bring Reed back with me, maybe replace Kagran with Reed, we might get a war won at that point. ​​
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

• Options
    tehbubbalootehbubbaloo Member Posts: 2,003 Arc User
    id love to break away from voyager and move to enterprise! id even pay for a proper (not oversized) nx01 interior. a season of enterprise would be the best thing since the klingon tutorial. ​​
  • Options
    gradiigradii Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    What's the hate on my favorite captain, Jonathan Archer, all for?

I can never understand it.

I agree Reed is badass, but so is Archer.

"He shall be my finest warrior, this generic man who was forced upon me.
    Like a badass I shall make him look, and in the furnace of war I shall forge him.
    he shall be of iron will and steely sinew.
    In great armour I shall clad him and with the mightiest weapons he shall be armed.
    He will be untouched by plague or disease; no sickness shall blight him.
    He shall have such tactics, strategies and machines that no foe will best him in battle.
    He is my answer to cryptic logic, he is the Defender of my Romulan Crew.
    He is Tovan Khev... and he shall know no fear."
  • Options
    medalionemissarymedalionemissary Member Posts: 612 Arc User
    They already devoted a much bigger piece of content to an alien species, seen only once in ST:E episode that had no name... they even made it a lockbox and R&D gambling thing... ST:E is represented in strange ways in this game... cool but weird nonetheless
    Deep Space Nine in HD, make it so!
  • Options
    taylor1701dtaylor1701d Member Posts: 3,099 Arc User
    gradii wrote: »

For the record; I liked Archer as well.
    Even Wesley is okay in my book. - See TNG "The Game"... Saves the ship, and hooks up with Ashley Judd (Ensign Robin Lefler). What's not to like ?
    [img][/img]OD5urLn.jpg
  • Options
    artan42 wrote: »

You get in line!

We Maco guys are first!

After I get my Jupiter and Typhoon.

The problem with meting ENT crew members is I would be really tempted to kill Archer and bring Reed back with me, maybe replace Kagran with Reed, we might get a war won at that point. ​​

Speaking of the Typhoon... Cryptic... that too!

Make it the T6 Battleship with command slots... wait a minute...

Enterprise Maco Outfit!!!!!!
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • Options
    gradiigradii Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
    They already devoted a much bigger piece of content to an alien species, seen only once in ST:E episode that had no name... they even made it a lockbox and R&D gambling thing... ST:E is represented in strange ways in this game... cool but weird nonetheless

If you're talking about Xindi, theyre all over ST:E. you sure you watched more than the first season or 2?

"He shall be my finest warrior, this generic man who was forced upon me.
    Like a badass I shall make him look, and in the furnace of war I shall forge him.
    he shall be of iron will and steely sinew.
    In great armour I shall clad him and with the mightiest weapons he shall be armed.
    He will be untouched by plague or disease; no sickness shall blight him.
    He shall have such tactics, strategies and machines that no foe will best him in battle.
    He is my answer to cryptic logic, he is the Defender of my Romulan Crew.
    He is Tovan Khev... and he shall know no fear."
  • Options
    mhall85mhall85 Member Posts: 2,852 Arc User1
    edited July 2015
    azniadeet wrote: »
    The temporal cold war is an inevitability at this point.

NO. NOOOOO!!!!!
    d87926bd02aaa4eb12e2bb0fbc1f7061.jpg
  • Options
    baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,329 Community Moderator

If you're talking about Xindi, theyre all over ST:E. you sure you watched more than the first season or 2?

He's talking about the Elachi. Unnamed in the ENT episode "Silent Enemy".
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • Options
    medalionemissarymedalionemissary Member Posts: 612 Arc User
    I have watched all of ST: E... I was actually referring to the Elachi in season 1. Xindi are identified by name, and span across a whole season arc... i was talking about a species who was in one freakin episode. Silent Enemy.
    Deep Space Nine in HD, make it so!
  • Options

I don't know what it is about him, but after 'A Night in Sickbay' I just don't want to see him live.​​

#TASforSTO

• Options
    deaftravis05deaftravis05 Member Posts: 4,885 Arc User
    Well, First Contact Day could be done after the rebuilding... an exercise... in which the Romulan toon is invited to partake as a Romulan in a battle between Earth and her allies and the Romulans. Klingons can select sides. However Romulan and Federation toons must select their respective sides. It'd be interesting.

another alternative would be that the Klingons get to partake in an attempt to take down Archer, and you as the Federation gets to defend Archer against a boarding party. Part one is a boarding party and part two is the enterprise engaged against a raptor.
  • Options
    kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1
    artan42 wrote: »
    ok you do that Im bringing Hoshi back as a play toy :D
    Well, First Contact Day could be done after the rebuilding... an exercise... in which the Romulan toon is invited to partake as a Romulan in a battle between Earth and her allies and the Romulans. Klingons can select sides. However Romulan and Federation toons must select their respective sides. It'd be interesting.

another alternative would be that the Klingons get to partake in an attempt to take down Archer, and you as the Federation gets to defend Archer against a boarding party. Part one is a boarding party and part two is the enterprise engaged against a raptor.
    hmmm I get to play as the RSE, shoot humans and other proto-federation races.... I'M IN
  • Options
    deaftravis05deaftravis05 Member Posts: 4,885 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    Hoshi as a play toy... hmmmmm...

And yes there's benefits for all factions playing. The Klingons get a two parter in which one is a ground mission and the other is a space mission. The Federation has three... Archer's defence and the Romulan war. The Romulan toons can access both of them and depending on who they allied with can select either mission.

Think of it... You want Archer dead? Sure, play the mission and board. A special PVE mission if you'd like that plays for 1 week before and 1 week after the Anniversary. The Klingons want him either Dead or Alive. Alive brings in a higher bounty but means a longer mission and forced to have to escape with him. Choosing the Alive means Archer cant be hurt by either side. Choosing him Dead means once you kill him, you fight your way out at your own pace. The Enterprise then has a dumber AI commanding the ship to try to stop you from warping out. Taking him alive means the AI is smarter and will be tougher.

The Earth Romulan war would be a recreation of a planetary battle. Space, of course... A King of the Hill match if you will, to hold a certain area to gain control of the system. All toons can decide on what side to partake in.
  • Options

No, please no. The Phase 2 NX looks horrible. with the "engineering section". The only good NX"Refit" is the NX-02, Columbia. And the last scene of Enterprise shows the NX-01 in Original configuration so i am not sure the Phase 2 ever existed. But i am absolutely no Fan of all the changes made in "these are the voyages" the "Columbia" bridge , the different Uniforms. I think we should just consider the original NX-01, original uniforms to be thhe only accurate thing.

You misunderstand me. I was not refering to the NX refit as the Phase 2 Enterprise. They are two entirely different things.
    The NX Refit would have made more of a connection between the Ent and TOS eras.
    latest?cb=20140801213424

WHile the Phase 2 Enterprise is a refit of the classic 1701 that would have existed... except it evolved into the Connie Refit we all know and love.
    phase_ii_by_thefirstfleet-d4j2xyp.jpg

Its known as the Phase 2 Enterprise because it would have appeared in the new series Star Trek: Phase 2, which evolved into The Motion Picture.

Both are concept designs for refits of existing ships that never got seen on screen.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    edited July 2015

For the record; I liked Archer as well.
    Even Wesley is okay in my book. - See TNG "The Game"... Saves the ship, and hooks up with Ashley Judd (Ensign Robin Lefler). What's not to like ?
    That she hooked up with him, and not me?
    ​​
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • Options
    duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,867 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    Well its basically one of the two things we know are coming up in the ST timeline (and between them its the nearer). Why shouldn't STO lead up to it?
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • Options
    ashrod63ashrod63 Member Posts: 384 Arc User
    Well its basically one of the two things we know are coming up in the ST timeline (and between them its the nearer). Why shouldn't STO lead up to it?

I might be missing something obvious, but what's the other thing that's coming up? The Temporal Cold War is quite a while away still. The Federation weren't officially involved until the 31st century, although obviously that was the result of the Sphere Builder War in the 26th century.
  • Options
    mhall85mhall85 Member Posts: 2,852 Arc User1

1. Because Enterprise is an abomination to the Trek canon (IMO, granted).
    2. Because we'd have to jump 90+ years, in-game, to get to the 26th century.

And, yeah... what's the other event you're thinking of?
    d87926bd02aaa4eb12e2bb0fbc1f7061.jpg
  • Options
    mhall85 wrote: »
    And, yeah... what's the other event you're thinking of?

I wonder if they're referring to the Nexus Ribbon from Generations passing through the Alpha Quadrant again.