test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Braced Crouch- Commando Specialization does not work

crusader2007crusader2007 Member Posts: 1,802 Arc User
edited July 2015 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
Anyone noticed that this spec for Braced Crouch works sporadically. Just started to happen with the summer event patch. I don't see the FX animations of my shields being healed while crouched. Tried it with a different alternate and works ok.

Is there a trigger that is disabling the animations and the trait NOT to show? Yes I made sure I have it on...kinda of hard to lose an SPEC you already spent for a while back. It was working fine and all of a sudden just gone?

Ticket filed but see if anybody else having the same issue?

Thanks!
DUwNP.gif

Comments

• crypticfrostcrypticfrost Member Posts: 1,479 Cryptic Developer
    Braced Crouch is described as healing hit points, not Shields, so AFAIK there's not supposed to be any FX for Shield healing while it's being used.
    STO QA Team
  • storulesstorules Member Posts: 3,253 Arc User
    Sorry but that is wrong...I see the FX for whatever you want to call it...as in "green rays coming from the character in question body".

However, in broken characters it doesn't show the effects while at crouched. Regardless of the semantics...the effect DOES NOT show in some characters.
    ​​
    tumblr_ncbngkt24X1ry46hlo1_400.gif
    storules wrote: »
    Sorry but that is wrong...I see the FX for whatever you want to call it...as in "green rays coming from the character in question body".

However, in broken characters it doesn't show the effects while at crouched. Regardless of the semantics...the effect DOES NOT show in some characters.
    ​​

OK, thanks for the info. I'll dig into this some more.

STO QA Team
  • khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    edited July 2015
    From what I've noticed with this ability, the effect only plays when I'm in combat. There is also no indicator under my name (top left) to say it's active when not in combat. Yet the description states that it's effect is doubled when not in combat... Though CrypticFrost is correct that this doesn't heal shields, it does have an effect of the green rays like storules mentioned.​​
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
    I've verified the FX do not play when one is out of combat, but as far as I can tell Braced Crouch is working both in and out of combat.
    STO QA Team
    I've verified the FX do not play when one is out of combat, but as far as I can tell Braced Crouch is working both in and out of combat.

Good enough for me, thanks. I actually prefer that it only shows the FX when in combat, otherwise I'd have to keep disabling that spec tree for screenshots haha.
    ​​
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
    Well NOT good enough for me...since it is NOT working on combat. We all know it is not supposed to work during non-combat. Thats a totally different issue and wouldn't be bugging a Dev if I don't see something in COMBAT...
    also it it works for you then ok for your... for me seems to work perfectly IN COMBAT in an alternate. However, something is triggering on my main for the effects not to display the green rays in COMBAT....got it.

Please dont confuse from what the real issue is. Something is triggering the effects NOt to display during COMBAT.
    ​​
  • crusader2007crusader2007 Member Posts: 1,802 Arc User
    edited July 2015

Good enough for me, thanks. I actually prefer that it only shows the FX when in combat, otherwise I'd have to keep disabling that spec tree for screenshots haha. [/color]

Nobody was talking about NON in combat...please read well and don't distract from the point.

I also have problems with effects IN COMBAT...come on...if you don't ...good for you. My alternates dont have it either. However, my main was in RISA and wore the outfits there. I think (a hunch - since there were some bugs noted there) the outfits messed up something with the effects. IN COMBAT I get no effects not HEALS from brace crouch. Ticket is #150720-002652 and it only says its being research.

Try to put some Risian outfits then change back again...then go to COMBAT and use "braced crouch"
    ​​
    DUwNP.gif

edited July 2015
    Well perhaps providing your character's name and @handle so he could test the specific character it's apparently bugged on would be useful? :P​​
    Well perhaps providing your character's name and @handle so he could test the specific character it's apparently bugged on would be useful? :P

I did on the pending ticket: #150720-002652. If I still get the "sorry all is working as intended TRIBBLE" I will ask for the spec point to be given back. Kinda useless to have something you worked for so long and not being able to equip it.

Again something broke the effects in one of my alternates I blame it on risa.
    ​​
    DUwNP.gif

Good enough for me, thanks. I actually prefer that it only shows the FX when in combat, otherwise I'd have to keep disabling that spec tree for screenshots haha. [/color]

Nobody was talking about NON in combat...please read well and don't distract from the point.

I also have problems with effects IN COMBAT...come on...if you don't ...good for you. My alternates dont have it either. However, my main was in RISA and wore the outfits there. I think (a hunch - since there were some bugs noted there) the outfits messed up something with the effects. IN COMBAT I get no effects not HEALS from brace crouch. Ticket is #150720-002652 and it only says its being research.

Try to put some Risian outfits then change back again...then go to COMBAT and use "braced crouch"

With all due respect, I did read the thread. But you began the thread talking about it healing shields, when this ability has nothing to do with shield healing... Also, until I mentioned the word combat, none of you had mentioned it so I made the assumption that perhaps you just weren't aware that it only showed the FX during combat. I wasn't distracting from anything, I was providing feedback about the ability based on my own use of said ability.

I will say, on your comments about Risian outfits, that my character I use this ability on most just now is currently in one of the Risian off duty shirts and I was on Defera today with the ability activated whilst wearing that shirt and had no issues.
    ​​

With all due respect, I did read the thread. But you began the thread talking about it healing shields, when this ability has nothing to do with shield healing... Also, until I mentioned the word combat, none of you had mentioned it so I made the assumption that perhaps you just weren't aware that it only showed the FX during combat. I wasn't distracting from anything, I was providing feedback about the ability based on my own use of said ability.

I will say, on your comments about Risian outfits, that my character I use this ability on most just now is currently in one of the Risian off duty shirts and I was on Defera today with the ability activated whilst wearing that shirt and had no issues.

Would you mind having a Dev or someone from Cryptic respond to this? I wrote this as a "bug" for support and its intended for that reason. Kindly please respect poster to remain and focus on topic.

I still have this issue on COMBAT and its a real issue.

Thanks kindly!
    ​​
    DUwNP.gif

I had the same issue and someone told me to do a "force verify" a file might be corrupted...50/50 chance that could be. Good luck​​
    edited July 2015
    storules wrote: »
    I had the same issue and someone told me to do a "force verify" a file might be corrupted...50/50 chance that could be. Good luck

Finally...a sensible answer...will try that one. Thanks normal-1.gif
    ​​
    DUwNP.gif