test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Make Shield visuals seperate from shields?

For ground sets, when i have the armor i unlock the visuals and i can wear the Costume even if i don't use the ARmor, so i can run around in a Maco suit but use the Delta REp. ARmor.

Why not the same for Shields? when i buy the Iconian shield i get the hull material option "iconian". So i can use the iconian visuals but use a different shield. Same for all other shields.

Comments

• Options
    asuran14asuran14 Member Posts: 2,335 Arc User
    I would love this actually alot of shield looks i love, but compared to the shield i am using they are just not worth using. Would not mind having a R&D project that might let you make a item that applies the look of certain shields to a new one, but that it would take quite rare mats i would say, and then also have it that you can research the visual of a shield to gain the ability to creat that look maybe by a drop from ships or rep grinds. Though could also use these as rewards in elite stfs or very rare drops in elite missions as well, giving more rewards for these difficulties.
  • Options
    gradiigradii Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
    Yes, I love this idea. CO seperated auras from passives long ago I don't see any reason not to seperate visuals from mechanics on some things here.

"He shall be my finest warrior, this generic man who was forced upon me.
    Like a badass I shall make him look, and in the furnace of war I shall forge him.
    he shall be of iron will and steely sinew.
    In great armour I shall clad him and with the mightiest weapons he shall be armed.
    He will be untouched by plague or disease; no sickness shall blight him.
    He shall have such tactics, strategies and machines that no foe will best him in battle.
    He is my answer to cryptic logic, he is the Defender of my Romulan Crew.
    He is Tovan Khev... and he shall know no fear."