test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Orion Bikini now only with Loincloth, not formal or Intel belt

willamsheridanwillamsheridan Member Posts: 1,189 Arc User
Why in Qs name can't orion wear the standard Orion Bikini with the Intel or Formal Belt anymore? I thought we were getting somewhere in terms of free choice of Uniforms and now this?

the patch notes state that loincloth works with beachwear too now but not that the normal Orion bikini ONLY works with those More variability mans more not replacing one thing with another?

Its okay if some Players dont want to use Orion Bikinis for their Fem. Toons, they don't have to, no one is forcing anyone but i DO want to so give me that option back please

Comments

• protogothprotogoth Member Posts: 2,369 Arc User
    Why in Qs name can't orion wear the standard Orion Bikini with the Intel or Formal Belt anymore? I thought we were getting somewhere in terms of free choice of Uniforms and now this?

the patch notes state that loincloth works with beachwear too now but not that the normal Orion bikini ONLY works with those More variability mans more not replacing one thing with another?

Its okay if some Players dont want to use Orion Bikinis for their Fem. Toons, they don't have to, no one is forcing anyone but i DO want to so give me that option back please

I agree with this.
  • jodarkriderjodarkrider Member Posts: 2,097 Arc User
    I'm one of those who cringes when Bikini-squads run in the Battlezones & I cringe hard. But I believe imposing more restrictions, such as this one, is just going in the wrong direction - it's clear players want *less* restrictions, not more. Supporting the OP 100%. I am still imploring the devs to not cater to the mindset 'I don't like it, so nobody can use it' kind of players! :(
    [10:20] Your Lunge deals 4798 (2580) Physical Damage(Critical) to Tosk of Borg.

Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator
    "bIghojchugh DaneH, Dumev pagh. bIghojqangbe'chugh, DuQaHlaH pagh."
    "Learn lots. Don't judge. Laugh for no reason. Be nice. Seek happiness." ~Day[9] 
    "Your fun isn't wrong." ~LaughingTrendy

Find me on Twitterverse - @jodarkrider

• baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,303 Community Moderator
    I'm hoping this was an oversight. That something was forgotten to be moved over when the recent changes were made. And I hope they restore the use of those belts (and others) in the"Loincloths and Bare Legs" category. I had a pretty cool Xena-type warrior outfit going on for my Orion femlaes that I cannot replicate or alter without this option being restored. :/
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • bloodyrizbloodyriz Member Posts: 1,756 Arc User
    I'm hoping this was an oversight...

I suspect this is correct, kinda like how the long nails are supposedly available for men but not women. Just a mistake.
    signature.png
    We come in peace, SHOOT TO KILL!
  • warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    This was a bad surprise.
    XzRTofz.gif
  • supergirl1611supergirl1611 Member Posts: 809 Arc User
    Yes i was going to edit my Wonder Woman characters features but saw the uniform change when i selected edit and found i couldn't revert back, Glad i didn't save it and ruin her costume.
  • phalanx01phalanx01 Member Posts: 360 Arc User
    You know the usual excuse Cryptic will throw up: "It's because it was horribly clipping". Still makes me chuckle those nice excuses. But yes, there was no grounds or good reason to get rid of it, let's hope it's more of a bug or oversight then a true design decision, the latest series of oopsies from Cryptic isn't exactly putting them in a positive daylight...
  • raijinmeister#1931 raijinmeister Member Posts: 192 Arc User
    phalanx01 wrote: »
    You know the usual excuse Cryptic will throw up: "It's because it was horribly clipping". Still makes me chuckle those nice excuses. But yes, there was no grounds or good reason to get rid of it, let's hope it's more of a bug or oversight then a true design decision, the latest series of oopsies from Cryptic isn't exactly putting them in a positive daylight...

Agreed,if clipping was a reason to fix anything so they should start with the kdf male bofs and the honor guard boots plate clipping hard into their shin...
  • alcyoneserenealcyoneserene Member Posts: 2,412 Arc User
    I hope this gets resolved. We paid for that intel belt. The Orion costume is unique to that species. Naturally we shouldn't be restricted after the fact.

For example, if I got the Romulan Star Empire costume for its chest piece, I'd check which costumes it is allowed or not allowed, then decide on the purchase. If suddenly that was changed after the fact, the whole purchase would never get fully refunded, yet we'd be left with something we never intended to buy.
    Y945Yzx.jpg
    Devs: Provide the option to Turn OFF full screen flashes from enemy ship explosions
    · ♥ · ◦.¸¸. ◦'¯`·. (Ɏ) V A N U _ S O V E R E I G N T Y (Ɏ) .·´¯'◦.¸¸. ◦ · ♡ ·
    «» \▼/ T E R R A N ¦ R E P U B L I C \▼/ «»
    ﴾﴿ ₪ṩ ||| N A N I T E S Y S T E M S : B L A C K | O P S ||| ₪ṩ ﴾﴿
  • pweistheworstpweistheworst Member Posts: 986 Arc User
    More outfit choices (even if I might find a particular outfit "questionable") is a good thing. We're already too limited in what we can do to customize the appearance of our characters and BOffs.

We need MORE freedom to select clothing and hairstyle options that already exist in the game ... not additional limitations.
    In the immortal words of Captain Sisko: "It may not be what you believe, but that doesn't make it wrong."

Don't believe the lies in this forum. I am NOT an ARC user. I play STO on Steam or not at all.
  • jodarkriderjodarkrider Member Posts: 2,097 Arc User
    More outfit choices (even if I might find a particular outfit "questionable") is a good thing. We're already too limited in what we can do to customize the appearance of our characters and BOffs.

We need MORE freedom to select clothing and hairstyle options that already exist in the game ... not additional limitations.
    Yeah, that's what me and some others keep saying all the time. Unfortunately, not with much luck.
    [10:20] Your Lunge deals 4798 (2580) Physical Damage(Critical) to Tosk of Borg.

Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator
    "bIghojchugh DaneH, Dumev pagh. bIghojqangbe'chugh, DuQaHlaH pagh."
    "Learn lots. Don't judge. Laugh for no reason. Be nice. Seek happiness." ~Day[9] 
    "Your fun isn't wrong." ~LaughingTrendy

Find me on Twitterverse - @jodarkrider

• skyduy9#5770 skyduy9 Member Posts: 1 New User
    well this sucks
  • arionisaarionisa Member Posts: 1,421 Arc User
    My Orion male can run around totally bare chested, I want the same option for my Orion female.

Just kidding (or am I ?)

Other than my above example, which is an understandable limitation for any game accessible by minors, I feel that we should be able to put any outfit that we have access to on any toon/Boff we have, in any color that we desire. We also need more hair styles to choose from and should be able to use any hair style on any toon, the only exception being hairless races, such a Gorn. Although a hulking Gorn running around with a bright red Punk hair do would be quite the sight.
    LTS and loving it.
    Ariotex.png
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,303 Community Moderator
    Necro /Thread
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
This discussion has been closed.