test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Are there any 'must have' items I should pick up from Risa?

Before tomorrow's patch removes the stores are there any kit modules or do ffs etc that I should really pick up? I have over 15k favors but 11 toons!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

...#LLAP...

Comments

• Options
    bloodyrizbloodyriz Member Posts: 1,756 Arc User
    They said they are extending the event until the 17th due to a long maint cycle during it's run.
    signature.png
    We come in peace, SHOOT TO KILL!
  • Options
    ilithynilithyn Member Posts: 903 Arc User
    bloodyriz wrote: »
    They said they are extending the event until the 17th due to a long maint cycle during it's run.

So we're going to have two consecutive days of maintenance then? Because according to the banner on the launcher there's a three hour downtime tomorrow (16th, 6:30-9:30 AM Pacific) and then they'd have to take it down - at least briefly - on the 17th too.
    Not that I'm complaining, I could use an extra day on Risa to finish up tbh, just asking.
    Logic is the beginning of wisdom, not the end of it.
  • Options
    fruitvendor12fruitvendor12 Member Posts: 615 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    To the original question, the currency used towards the Nandi *poofs* if you haven't already traded them for marks of your choice.

I have some rounding errors from the lobi I traded in. It seriously bums me to know they will poof.

Especially after the shock when they told us only days before this year's event they were poofing that currency too.

I'd like to think they tied the ramp down for this event with the ramp up of a new fleet holding and the armada system, e.g. whatever *poofs* converts into at least fleet marks. Sure wish I knew which currency really had any permanence these days, that being one of at least one of the main definitions of a dependable currency.
  • Options
    storulesstorules Member Posts: 3,253 Arc User
    bloodyriz wrote: »

I wouldn't hold my breath...last time they said something similar and cut it anyway in the original timeframe. It could go either way but good luck normal-28.gif
    ​​
    tumblr_ncbngkt24X1ry46hlo1_400.gif
  • Options
    eltecheltech Member Posts: 146 Arc User
    I doubt they'd need to take the servers down on the 17th for the end of Risa, they sure didn't when they shut off all the Tau Dewa patrols a while back.​​
  • Options
    svindal777svindal777 Member Posts: 856 Arc User
    The kit modules are interesting, but I wouldn't call them a must have. Other then that, I think its all just clothing that can only be used on Risa. So you might as well pick up a couple modules to try them out.
    Well excuse me for having enormous flaws that I don't work on.
  • Options
    SeschatSeschat Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    All in all, Risa was good for my science officers. My KDF officer got a T6 ship she didn't hate, and they both picked up the Seismic Modules (decent AoE damage and a knockdown), and the pair of Geologists to make Thermal more awesome.​​
    --
    I'm ME again, having been revanantmorituri during the era between forumpocalypses.
    BatRon 11 ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ Millennium Triumphant ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ Emerald Armada
    Champions Online closed Beta tester. Star Trek Online closed Beta tester.
  • Options
    thomaselkinsthomaselkins Member Posts: 575 Arc User
    To the original question, the currency used towards the Nandi *poofs* if you haven't already traded them for marks of your choice.

Will it disappear? I know they're changing the currency every year now but I thought we could at least spend it on other things. Like this year we can use last year's Lohlunat Pearls to purchase Starship Emotes, Tech Upgrades, Specialization Points, etc. I was hoping we could do that next year as well but if it's going to vanish from my bank then I guess I'll have to spend them now.
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,020 Community Moderator
    svindal777 wrote: »
    The kit modules are interesting, but I wouldn't call them a must have. Other then that, I think its all just clothing that can only be used on Risa. So you might as well pick up a couple modules to try them out.

There are a couple tops that can be worn off Risa. I have a pretty good Tomb Raider cosplay on my Trill using the Mini-T and shorts that is in the off-duty category.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)