test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Red glow around tholians...

tinyfistedtinyfisted Member Posts: 193 Arc User
Whenever there's a Tholian (on Nukara) is in my field of vision, _and_ it has that red aura around it, it seems to cause noticeable CPU load. The more glowing tholians in view, and the longer they're there, the worse it gets. The most bothersome symptom is popping in my (USB) sound system which usually leads to an eventual USB crash, solvable only by a reboot.

I've tested this. The moment the glow shuts off, either through distance or killing the Tholian, the popping stops outright. Non glowing Tholians (such as in Temporal Ambassador), no popping.

I'm running a pair of GT 470 cards in SLI mode, quad core AMD, and otherwise never have any trouble running the game at max settings, and I've tried the obvious options (including screen resolution) and played around with all the options in the Graphics menu to reduce settings with no noticeable improvement to the popping.

Very specifically, what I need to narrow down is which option settings are most likely to affect that red aura, and if it's possible to disable something (other than the Tholian itself, of course) that might hide or mitigate that aura effect.

Thanks.
86B6EC45459D17DB8AE6CD5F51C13A90CDC00A85