test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Traits always disabled?

The last month or so, it seems like every few map changes, all my traits are disabled.

Worse, half the maps won't let me re-enable them, it says it can only be done in a social zone.

Any way to fix this?

Comments

• Options
    qqafgqegqe4agqqafgqegqe4ag Member Posts: 153 Arc User
    Anybody? Nobody else has experienced this?
  • Options
    toivatoiva Member Posts: 3,276 Arc User
    What exactly do you mean by disabled? You saying that traits get unslotted? That does sadly happen from time to time.

Typically after I reslot them (which, yes, can only be done in non-mission maps) a couple times, they stick.
    TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix, Toveg, T'vritha, To Vrax: Bring in the Allegiance class.
    Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia, Ty'Vris, Tia Vex, Toi'Virth: Add Tier 6 KDF Carrier and Raider.
    Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var, Tevra, T'Vira, To'Vrak: Give us Asylums for Romulans.

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!
  • Options
    hellstedthellstedt Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    Sadly, Fleet starbase is not a social zone...
  • Options
    kittyflofykittyflofy Member Posts: 1,004 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    The traits disable (unslotting as toiva pointed out) thing is a common issue. It was never fixed.

Social zones are Drozana, ESD, Q'onos, Risa, and so on. You can only re-enable traits in those zones, my guess this is due to prevent working problems when slotting/unslotting traits in the middle of a fight or misison interaction.
  • Options
    sirmaydaysirmayday Member Posts: 535 Arc User
    If it helps, I was caught off guard a few times by having my level 60 trait slot re-lock while in the Dyson Ground Battlezone; it's a level 50 zone, so you can't use your level 60 trait (and, worse, if you do want to use the trait slotted there in a different slot, you have to leave the zone). If that's the case, it might help to know that the Dyson Battleground Command Center counts as a social zone for reslotting your pre-60 traits (for some reason, but I'm not complaining).
  • Options
    meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    kittyflofy wrote: »
    The traits disable (unslotting as toiva pointed out) thing is a common issue. It was never fixed.

Traits need to become a part of the loadouts; I've been saying that for ages. For one, so you can restore them, should they have come unslotted; and, for two, different builds require different Traits.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    sorceror01sorceror01 Member Posts: 1,042 Arc User
    The last month or so, it seems like every few map changes, all my traits are disabled.

Worse, half the maps won't let me re-enable them, it says it can only be done in a social zone.

Any way to fix this?

If your traits are de-slotting on map changes still, then yeah, that's kind of a persistent bug still going around.
    But as for not being able to re-slot them unless you're in a social zone or sector space? That's never been a bug, that's just the way the system has been.
    ".... you're gonna have a bad time."