test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[NO BS style] Possible ruleset for private matches with current meta [TNPVP channel]

nandospcnandospc Member Posts: 1,260 Arc User
edited July 2015 in PvP Gameplay
Hello, dear pvpers!
I will skip the preliminaries and the contextualization because all of us know the current situation of PvP in STO. I'm here to propose to you guys a possible ruleset for private matches with the current metagame. This ruleset is intended to eliminate all the new and old broken beyond repair and lag making BS introduced by Cryptic from DR. Think about it like an half-tourney mode/mindset.
Why? Because i think the only environment where you can play without problems and with a glimmer of sanity and real challenge is represented by doing private matches.
So, here we go:
What you can't use/do:
  • Kemocite Laced Weaponry (graphic lag in many occasions and it's broken with Torpedo Spread+Neutronic Torp and other torps; in those combos its effect can stack; i'd like to read a detailed post about from a "torper")
  • Destabilizing Resonance Beam (graphic lag in many occasions)
  • Failsafe Scramble (graphic lag in some occasions + its graphic effect can almost induce a seizure lol)
  • Plasma Explosion Sci consoles from Fleet Embassy (with BFAW they crit and multiple stack on a target with complete shield bypass; way too limited counters)
  • Elite Yellowstone Runabout (its plasma cloud can't be actively cleared)
  • Structural Integrity Collapse (its debuff can't be actively cleared; tell me if i'm wrong on this point please)
  • Rock&Roll with the pilot ability "Hold Together" (it's a common exploit, this combo generates a large hull heal on its user)
  • Consoles swapping (to reduce cooldowns)
  • D'Kora consoles (its cooldown can be reduced by A2B)
  • Temporal Insight and its Improved variant
  • Deploy Countermeasures (pilot ability) ^^ both of those to reduce immunity periods
What is restricted (to balance):
  • 1x Antimatter Spread console per team
  • 1x Temporal Inversion Field per team
  • 1x Aceton Assimilator console per team
  • 1x "Black Hole" console per team

What else to make the matches more viable and less stressful? Limit your number of FBP, change build/toon after a bit, don't use something that is temporarily bugged/broken until the next patch (like "Scan for weakness" passive of Command spec 2/3 weeks ago), balance sci/healer/damage dealer through the teams before to start, etc... in short, use a bit of common sense.

I'd like to see constructive criticism for each point of the list and if there is something else to add (explaining the reason), or if there is something in the list that's wrong (idk, that power can be cleared by xyz or whatever) and so on, just tell me and/or post here. Don't be shy and let's see if this is feasible.

Ok guys, we decided to create a new channel for this ruleset. It's called TheNextPvP (TNPVP), post me here your in-game username@handle for an invite. Cya online on STO o/

edit: 08/07/2015 1st ruleset edit, see below posts
edit2: 09/07/2015 tnpvp channel opening
Post edited by nandospc on

Comments

• kyle223catkyle223cat Member Posts: 584 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    I think this is an awesome idea! :) No more getting killed with my shields still up! Anyways, I think all of the points look good, I can't find anything wrong with them.
    da84303d8bc4080b9860968f634f98682215bbe5.gifv
  • snipey47asnipey47a Member Posts: 485 Media Corps
    Awesome idea, Nandos.

The only things I would throw into the mix for consideration not to use would be Attack Pattern Lambda and even possibly the Pilot Ship itself.
    Oh... how about Keel'el?
  • wast33wast33 Member Posts: 1,855 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    as most of my builds still fit those rules (xcept for 2 and for failsafe) i'm totally fine with such a ruleset. though i'm gonna state what i said many times before:
    as long there's no support company-wise, i just don't see any sucess for such an attempt in the long run. aka: leaderboard, matchmaking (players/gear/abilities), ....

it's still up to cryptic. it was from the start, we just didn't get it lol :(...
  • nandospcnandospc Member Posts: 1,260 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    snipey47a wrote: »
    Awesome idea, Nandos.

The only things I would throw into the mix for consideration not to use would be Attack Pattern Lambda and even possibly the Pilot Ship itself.

Thanks. I still don't have a full pilot ship, so i'd like to understand the correct behavior of APL. Anyway, the concept behind these rules is not intended to create a Vanilla2.0, so we don't want to limit people at the point to say them to use or not use a ship they prefer/bought.
    snipey47a wrote: »
    Oh... how about Keel'el?

Well, Keel'el/Vucnak are just the superior peak of an old iceberg, not game changing imho, since they are chance based.

Instead, what we should limit for real, are the number of immunities out there. We were talking about them on our forum and on reddit (ty praxis). We don't want to say people to not use a favourite specialization, so to balance we'd like to remove the possibility to use Temporal Insight and its Improved variant, plus the T4 Iconian rep (the one when you take damage, you gain a brief duration immunity). What do you think about? I guess it's a good deal after all.

edit: just to better specify, this is not a tourney. It's just a concept/common sense-ruleset that you can use when a private is created ;)
    Post edited by nandospc on
  • biggs4everbiggs4ever Member Posts: 108 Arc User
    How many times has something like this been tried? You know what though there are so few people left I would actually expect this to finally work amongst the 10 or 15 players left. I am sure you can get those few to agree :) Q for ground I am tired of rolling the q's without competition. I had 4 matches today and pretty much shredded through noobs trying to use the latest module exploit.
  • majortiraomegamajortiraomega Member Posts: 2,214 Arc User
    I agree with this list for the most part (especially resonance beam and structural integrity collapse). However I have to disagree on Aceton Assimiltors and Yellowstone Runabouts. With the sheer amount of kinetic damage in play in this game the Acetons aren't much of a threat anymore. The Yellowstone cloud debuff also doesn't do any damage and merely applies a slow effect that is cleansable when not within the cloud. Furthermore, using Adapted MACO engines completely negates the effects of the debuff. Not to mention the T1 Pilot Specialization makes the clouds do very little to players. Yellowstones have plenty of counters in the current meta.
    --->Ground PvP Concerns Directory 4.0
    --->Ground Combat General Bugs Directory
    Real join date: March 2012 / PvP Veteran since May 2012 (Ground and Space)
  • riccardo171riccardo171 Member Posts: 1,802 Arc User
    Hope you do good with your tourney nand.

I for one am not joining however, I had enough of STO for a very long time.
  • rmy1081rmy1081 Member Posts: 2,840 Arc User
    This is a great idea. I hope it catches on. Your rules seem to be nicely balanced.

on a side note: If you're going to run a tournament, on Tribble it's possible to fill all one's specializations and reps in a few mins. I think Tribble would be a great place for a tournament if you're trying to bring back some old players.
  • sysil84sysil84 Member Posts: 207 Arc User
    Good luck with your rules.

I won't be joining in. To much grind for me to catch up, not enough players left to make it worthwhile and Cryptic will probably mess it up by releasing more power creep and broken items.
  • risingwolfshadowrisingwolfshadow Member Posts: 619 Arc User
    I'm up for the tournament. Mind you I've been playing without that rubbish for 4 years and I've never seen the point in it.

I think one of the problems you're going to have though is not only enforcing it, but also players rage quitting because they can't get their kills without their Cryptic toys.
    I repeat, it is not a tournament, lol :D It's a set of rules based on common sense to be used in any private matches, to play without bs and to create a good challenging environment. Maybe, in a future, this list will be used for a tournament, but let's do little step at time.
  • risingwolfshadowrisingwolfshadow Member Posts: 619 Arc User
    nandospc wrote: »
    I repeat, it is not a tournament, lol :D It's a set of rules based on common sense to be used in any private matches, to play without bs and to create a good challenging environment. Maybe, in a future, this list will be used for a tournament, but let's do little step at time.

Very well... Still up for it :smile:
  • riccardo171riccardo171 Member Posts: 1,802 Arc User
    nandospc wrote: »

Good idea.

But not enough for a comeback here sadly.
  • praxi5praxi5 Member Posts: 1,562 Arc User
    Whenever I'm in the queues, I'll adhere to these!

Now... I just need to actually find a time when the queues aren't just me and 2 other people :(
  • lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    I agree with all of the above since the new abilities are all completely out of control for PvP purposes and the exchange prices for the tac ones in particular prove it. The worst part is they're about to drop even more out of control new abilites as soon as the Summer event ends.
    The master race will finally get the *****'s they missed out on ;-)
  • illcadiaillcadia Member Posts: 1,412 Bug Hunter
    Structural integrity collapse is clearable with engineering team last I checked, NOT hazard emitters/sci team. It's just that nobody runs engineering team.
  • zippostylezippostyle Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    illcadia wrote: »
    Structural integrity collapse is clearable with engineering team last I checked, NOT hazard emitters/sci team. It's just that nobody runs engineering team.

sorry no correct, i tryed it many times with many abilities and only Vucnak/Keel'el can clear it...

Ok, we just tested suppression barrage and structural integrity collapse. Tac team cleans the barrage, so it's excluded from the list (you can use it); the collapse isn't cleared by eng team and, so far, by other "cleaning" abilities, only through vucnak or keel'el as zippo said over my post.
    We also decided to limit the immunity times and possibilities out there, only restricting them to rock and roll and thick of it, both from pilot spec (that's because we dont want to ban a specific specialization); so, you can't use improved/temporal insight and deploy measure countermeasures - If you know other sources of pure immunities, just tell me here.
    That's all for now.
    edited July 2015
    augm3nt wrote: »
    as i see you want to remove any ability which can kill you...
    Ahem, sorry, what? Feel free to think what you want, i'm just removing what we consider not-counterable, bs or massive lag making/creator. Not all of us pvpers have decent pc to counter what cryptic poorly code wrote, and since they stated on reddit they are working on an fps drop issue overall in the game, we can only forbid what we consider part of that problem.
    Iconian T4 Rep.
    what about restrictions on Eng/Sci cpt. on 1 per team?
    more than 1 sci is BS by itself
    Yes, about t4 ico rep i heard it's not working, but we'll test this afternoon for sure. I don't know about other restrictions to be honest, we're looking for them during the matches. So far we just did 1 match yesterday night (ah, thx for joining guys!), not good balanced through teams to be honest, but that was a 1st try and we had good feelings about.
    Anyway, there are some point to discuss, for example about radiant nanite cloud (for lag making) and the use of pathfinder trait with extend shield (each pulse of extend, each 1s, it gives to the target that temporary hit points (3k), resulting in a virtual immunity for the entire effect of extend; i don't think it's WAI, because it should do that only at first activation). I'd like to talk about that with you guys too.
  • daviddxxdaviddxx Member Posts: 200 Arc User
    Ban Corossive plasma torpedo from lobi store too.. my FPS drops at 1-2 fps everytime t'lilu hits with it.

LoL,..

hmmm dont play STO on your Nintendo.. buy a PC. :smile:

greeeeeeeeeetings

Regarts
    David
    fIDFtkM.gif
    Star Trek Online
    *** Aktiv since 03.06.10 ***
  • daviddxxdaviddxx Member Posts: 200 Arc User
    btw.
    nice idea Nandos.
    ;)
    Regarts
    David
    fIDFtkM.gif
    Star Trek Online
    *** Aktiv since 03.06.10 ***
  • geriszgerisz Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    Really good idea,maybe i will go back to pvp:)