test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

What is your favourite Star Trek Film?

ryan218ryan218 Member Posts: 36,106 Arc User
edited June 2015 in Ten Forward
No JJ Trek option because I ran out of options (max of 10) and because I don't want this thread getting bogged down in people flaming each other for liking/hating the JJ Films. We have enough of those.

What is your favourite Star Trek Film? 59 votes

The Motion Picture
5% 3 votes
The Wrath of Khan
28% 17 votes
Search for Spock
3% 2 votes
The Voyage Home
8% 5 votes
The Final Frontier
3% 2 votes
The Undiscovered Country
23% 14 votes
Generations
0% 0 votes
First Contact
16% 10 votes
Insurrection
5% 3 votes
Nemesis
5% 3 votes

Comments

• Options
    tomaswilletomaswille Member Posts: 119 Arc User
    I am actually a "medium modern" star trek fan. TOS is good, but somehow TNG, VOY, DS9 feels they have spend MORE time creating "realistic" views to the future.

First Contact is mine, because of 2 main reasons: 1. My favourite enemy: The Borg. 2. More insight on the origin of Starfleet.

Altho i have to be fair, that the worst of these films is also a TNG movie. Nemesis.

giphy.gif
  • Options
    grandnaguszek1grandnaguszek1 Member Posts: 2,188 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I'm going to get flamed when they find out which one I voted for...
    say-star-wars-is-better.jpg
  • Options
    sovereign47sovereign47 Member Posts: 399 Arc User
    First Contact all the way!

Reasons: Big battle with Borg in the begging, first apperance of the most beautiful Trek ship ever - Enterprise E (Sovereign class <3 ), and we had opportunity to see first warp flight and awesome Zefram Cochrane!
    FED ENG: FA Sirius Verax (USS Leviathan) , FED TAC (Delta): FA Adria Tyllex (USS Thunderblade) , ROM TAC: ADM Kill'ina (IRW Imperix Thrai) , KLING ENG (Delta): LT. GEN Ghol'Vaq Martok (IKS Qeh'Ral II) - 44th Fleet member
    SZ1RgUL.jpg
    SUPPORTING PLAYABLE CARDASSIAN AND DOMINION FACTIONS!
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,018 Community Moderator
    Dang it... I can't decide between ST2, 4, and Insurrection!
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    KhaaaaaaaannnnNNNNN!!!!!!

(Ver 1, of course)

Maybe someone will vote for Final Frontier.
    XzRTofz.gif
  • Options
    ryan218ryan218 Member Posts: 36,106 Arc User
    TMP and TUC have the same number of votes...

Something is very wrong here... B)
  • Options
    sovereign47sovereign47 Member Posts: 399 Arc User
    ryan218 wrote: »

Yeah, and FC too. I can't believe it :/
    FED ENG: FA Sirius Verax (USS Leviathan) , FED TAC (Delta): FA Adria Tyllex (USS Thunderblade) , ROM TAC: ADM Kill'ina (IRW Imperix Thrai) , KLING ENG (Delta): LT. GEN Ghol'Vaq Martok (IKS Qeh'Ral II) - 44th Fleet member
    SZ1RgUL.jpg
    SUPPORTING PLAYABLE CARDASSIAN AND DOMINION FACTIONS!
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    ryan218 wrote: »

Yeah, and FC too. I can't believe it :/

I can, being that I voted TMP :)
  • Options
    mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    i voted insurrection, strictly for this epic moment:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pVsMcCsUaq4
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • Options
    artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    You bunch who voted for TUC seem to accidentally clicked WOK instead, you may want to amend that.
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    kojirohellfirekojirohellfire Member Posts: 1,606 Arc User
    It will always be Wrath of Khan.
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    i voted insurrection, strictly for this epic moment:
    Yeah that was awesome. :D

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    I'm going to get flamed when they find out which one I voted for...

But you wouldn't be the only one. :wink:
  • Options
    eldarion79eldarion79 Member Posts: 1,679 Arc User
    First Contact, as it was the first film that I had repeated viewings in the theatre.
  • Options
    cptjhuntercptjhunter Member Posts: 2,288 Arc User
    Tough choice. :p
  • Options
    worffan101worffan101 Member Posts: 9,518 Arc User
    First Contact is a close second, as is Undiscovered Country, but the obvious answer is KHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User
    I really don't have a top favorite.

TOS - The Motion Picture, Wrath of Khan, Undiscovered Country
    TNG - First Contact, Insurrection, Nemesis.
    Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
    Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.
  • Options
    gulberatgulberat Member Posts: 5,505 Arc User
    I ended up voting for The Undiscovered Country, but if I could've voted for both that and First Contact, I would have. It was nearly a total toss-up.

Christian Gaming Community Fleets--Faith, Fun, and Fellowship! See the website and PM for more. :-)
    Proudly F2P.  Signature image by gulberat. Avatar image by balsavor.deviantart.com.
  • Options
    khan5000khan5000 Member Posts: 3,007 Arc User
    It was a toss up between WOK and UC and I went with UC because of the political intrigue.
    Your pain runs deep.
    Let us explore it... together. Each man hides a secret pain. It must be exposed and reckoned with. It must be dragged from the darkness and forced into the light. Share your pain. Share your pain with me... and gain strength from the sharing.
  • Options
    themetalstickmanthemetalstickman Member Posts: 1,010 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    Haha Generations still has no votes :D

Then again I voted Nemesis, so I guess I can't laugh...​​
    Og12TbC.jpg

Your father was captain of a starship for twelve minutes. He saved 800 lives, including your mother's, and yours.

I dare you to do better.
  • Options
    warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User

Then again I voted Nemesis, so I guess I can't laugh...​​

Either of those 2 aren't too bad. Now, the 1 guy that voted Final Frontier is a different story.
    XzRTofz.gif
  • Options
    marcusdkanemarcusdkane Member Posts: 7,439 Arc User
    Search for Spock B)
  • Options
    artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter

Then again I voted Nemesis, so I guess I can't laugh...

Either of those 2 aren't too bad. Now, the 1 guy that voted Final Frontier is a different story.

It's a shame the poll is anonymous, that poor person might need medical attention. ​​
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    deaftravis05deaftravis05 Member Posts: 4,885 Arc User
    Wrath of Khan followed by First Contact and Undiscovered Country.
  • Options
    jam3s1701jam3s1701 Member Posts: 1,825 Arc User
    WOK, First Contact, UC, nemesis are my top 4

Search for Spock, generations, are in my next fave

the rest I watch when and only when I have a movie marathon otherwise they sit in the case waiting lol
    JtaDmwW.png
  • Options
    chrisedallen89chrisedallen89 Member Posts: 17,293 Arc User
    For me. Wrath of Khan. Then First Contact, Voyage Home, and The Undiscovered Country..
  • Options
    edited August 2015

Fraaaaaaaaaak. It's like being asked which of your children is your favorite. x.x

Ok, feet to the fire, I had to go with Undiscovered Country. A solid political thriller plot that, while based on then current events, still holds up today with its themes of change both societal and personal, and what extremes we drive ourselves to in the face of them. It has action and intrigue with every member of the crew getting a moment to shine and solid performances by the entire cast. It has what I consider the best, most nuanced, portrayal of both the Federation and the Klingons to date, painting them as both fundamentally different...and not as different as they like to think. Pound for pound, it has everything I like not only in Trek, but in movies in general.

Wrath of Khan is standard bearer and benchmark. Search for Spock will always hold a special place in my heart as the first Trek film I ever saw. First Contact gets points for following up The Best of Both Worlds and I'll even admit to having a bit of a soft spot for Final Frontier. But Undiscovered Country is the one I'll pop in any time if for no other reason than to see Kirk and Co make one last grand stand before riding off into the sunset. :)

Hmm, I suppose you could put it that way once you get passed all the tricky d*ck references, overuse of Shakespeare, and the one little plot point on how they are working together to try to kill eachother in the end... ;)
  • Options
    ricosakararicosakara Member Posts: 422 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    The Voyage Home for me. It's one of those Films you watch on a sunny, summer morning when nothing else is on. =3