test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Why isn't there an announcement about the newest T6 Battlecruisers posted to these forums?

They are in the ARC launcher and are searchable. Why isn't there a post by Trendy on the Galactic News Network?

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/9416803-star-trek-online:-tier-6-battlecruisers
giphy.gif
Member since December 2009

Comments

• angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    I assume Trendy is entirely busy with getting these terrible, terrible forum in a state that works and most people can live with. She's not just STOs community manager but covers all of PWEs games and I think she also directly is involved in working the forum code.
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • wraithshadow13wraithshadow13 Member Posts: 1,728 Arc User
    I wouldn't doubt it if they were having the same issue I was, where it wouldn't let you post without logging in, but then logging in wouldn't let you post unless you were logged in.
  • oldkhemaraaoldkhemaraa Member Posts: 1,039 Arc User
    Like any new set of forum/BBS software... it never works strait out of the box. It'll be a couple weeks before they get it all figured out/configured/setup. I wish they had just stayed with the old forums myself, but it's PWE's call, not Cryptics.

Just hang in there folks.
    "I aim to misbehave" - Malcolm Reynolds
  • chiyoumikuchiyoumiku Member Posts: 1,028 Arc User
    Patience, the OP must have. These forums are brand new, let the staff get used to them first.
    Sekhmet_Banner.jpg
    Defending The Galaxy By Breaking One Starfleet Regulation After The Next.
  • royalsovereignroyalsovereign Member Posts: 1,344 Arc User
    Usually the first blog announcing a new ship comes out on Monday or Tuesday, then a follow-up blog with full stats comes out on Wed/Thu. So I'd expect something this afternoon or tomorrow. Patience, grasshopper.
    "You Iconians just hung a vacancy sign on your asses and my foot's looking for a room!"
    --Red Annorax
  • bobbydazlersbobbydazlers Member Posts: 4,534 Arc User
    apart from the big news item here >
    http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/9416803-star-trek-online:-tier-6-battlecruisers
    and the previous thread on this forum about them here >
    http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1190956/t6-battlecruisers

how much more do you need.

When I think about everything we've been through together,

maybe it's not the destination that matters, maybe it's the journey,

and if that journey takes a little longer,

so we can do something we all believe in,

I can't think of any place I'd rather be or any people I'd rather be with.

• rickpaaarickpaaa Member Posts: 637 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I need the stats.

But seriously, why are there no posts by someone working for Cryptic about this? There are a lot of folks who may not be using the launcher who are checking the forums for something new. Doesn't Cryptic want to reach people, sell new ships, and entice us to come back into the Holodeck?

Here's where such news can be found if Cryptic were to want for us to know. http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums#/categories/galactic-news-network
    Post edited by rickpaaa on
    giphy.gif
    Member since December 2009

• hyperionx09hyperionx09 Member Posts: 1,709 Arc User
    how much more do you need.
    What most everyone else needs; a Galactic News Network thread to put all the ranting and raving and feedback into that's more likely to be read by Devs than GD or Feedback ones (especially with the current migration and reorientation of forum operation taking up their time).

Of course, a link on Reddit/Twitter/Fb and the resulting responses are more likely to get read and responded to faster, but at least there'd be that one official thread that's usually regularly scanned by Trendy, and occasionally scanned by Taco/Bort depending.
  • centaurianalphacentaurianalpha Member Posts: 1,150 Arc User
    Quite a few of the normal GNN threads are missing ATM, including some of the "Tales Of the War", and other news items. I assume it's because they are still having some challenges porting over the entire forum site, and there are still holes to fill in... :|
    Expendables Fleet: Andrew - Bajoran Fed Engineer Ken'taura - Rom/Fed Scientist Gwyllim - Human Fed Delta Tac
    Savik - Vulcan Fed Temporal Sci
    Dahar Masters Fleet: Alphal'Fa - Alien KDF Engineer Qun'pau - Rom/KDF Engineer D'nesh - Orion KDF Scientist Ghen'khan - Liberated KDF Tac
    Welcome to StarBug Online - to boldly Bug where no bug has been before!
    STO player since November 2013