test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Spotlight missions are unpublished for fixes

castsbugccastsbugc Member Posts: 830 Arc User
Well the title says it all, but the spotlights have been unpublished in order for users to make fixes to them. When any of you have completed your repairs, just let Trendy and or Zero know and they will get them back in. (Oh and don't forget to resubmit them as well)

ALSO If your mission is still locked into spotlight mode, let Trendy/Zero know so that it can get unlocked :)

Comments

• Options
    drogyn1701drogyn1701 Member Posts: 3,606 Media Corps
    Good news!
    The Foundry Roundtable live Saturdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
  • Options
    cohcovcoxcohcovcox Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    it seems severe to remove *all* spotlight missions at once, and the black area is so total i wasn't sure if it was a bug or not. perhaps some empty framework to show that the tab does function...but with nothing to show and/or a message that says 'none' (or the always informative 'this space intentionally left blank')
  • Options
    well it has a little more to it being easier to do it all at once then piecemeal. Now in the past I have advocated a phased staging of repair unlocks to spotlights, but I cant argue when and how they choose to hand things back :) As to the message, well I dont know that there is functionality to put messages in that window.
  • Options
    shevetshevet Member Posts: 1,667 Arc User
    Does this relate to the wrapper "Investigate Officer Reports" mission being apparently broken? (As in, I accept this, do a Foundry mission, and it doesn't complete.)
    8b6YIel.png?1
  • Options
    Just so everyone understands, when a Foundry mission is spotlighted, the author loses the ability to open the mission for editing. We can't change anything.

This temporary removal of spotlights will allow authors to do things like bug fixes, updating with new things that have become available, updating directions for the new sector space and more. Also, during the last round of automated republishing with Season 10, there were some missions that did not come back up, probably due to an error with the sector space transition (for example, Purity IV and V). This temporary removal will allow those authors to manually republish the mission so they get back up for people to play.

So your favorite spotlight may not be a spotlight for a little while, but overall this is a much needed process, and they will be back soon.
    The Foundry Roundtable live Saturdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
  • Options
    shevet wrote: »
    Does this relate to the wrapper "Investigate Officer Reports" mission being apparently broken? (As in, I accept this, do a Foundry mission, and it doesn't complete.)

hmmm are you making sure that the mission you are playing qualifies for rewards in the first place? If there isnt yellow text at the top of the mission saying it does, the IOR doesnt count towards it
  • Options
    astroroblaastrorobla Member Posts: 144 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    My mission "Interwarp Experiment" is still listed as "featured" inside the editor so I still can't edit it. I'm not sure how to message Trendy directly to ask for help on this...

[edit] OK, now I found the "Message" button which is highly visible as black text in a black box on a black background on her profile page (Is this STO or Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy?), but now have messaged Trendy directly.
    Now a top-rated spotlight mission!
    STO-sig.jpg
  • Options
    astrorobla wrote: »
    My mission "Interwarp Experiment" is still listed as "featured" inside the editor so I still can't edit it. I'm not sure how to message Trendy directly to ask for help on this...

[edit] OK, now I found the "Message" button which is highly visible as black text in a black box on a black background on her profile page (Is this STO or Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy?), but now have messaged Trendy directly.

I spoke to Zeronius Rex on Twitter, she said it may have been left spotlighted because it hadn't been autorepublished. She said she can take it down for you if we can get the mission's ST-Code. If you're not into Twitter, post the code here and I can relay it for you.