Install Arc
Options

New T6 Veteran Heavy Destroyers

Comments

• Options
    sennahcheribsennahcherib Member Posts: 2,823 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    pegasuscic wrote: »
    Whining from F2P players commences in 3.......2.......

i'm a f2p player, and i'm happy for the subscribers, they deserved an update of their vet ships, because without the subscribers, i could not be a f2p player :)
  • Options
    jexsamxjexsamx Member Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Can't say I expected this. I figured I'd have to be content in my T5-U Daeinos all this time. This is lovely, though! Now I can use the Daeinos skin and have a modern hull material for it. Thanks, Cryptic!
  • Options
    blitzy4blitzy4 Member Posts: 839 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I must admit it's a really nice upgrade, and although I was concerned Command does work nicely with it. That and the new art is nicely done, but I would like the option of putting the sensor thing on the old hull, but neither here nor there. Now that I'm done fanboying, I do have a question. Will it be possibly for the older fleet one to be traded in for a fleet token or something, or is just dismissable once the new fleet one comes out?

Another idea also might be take the older 5/5u model and make it a normal item for non-veterans now that there's a newer one out, but just a thought.

All in all though very nice job. =^o^=
    jKixCmJ.jpg
    "..and like children playing after sunset, we were surrounded by darkness." -Ruri Hoshino

• Options
    ak255ak255 Member Posts: 317 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Horray for once again not being creative by making new, unique ships because you have no creative minds and just re-release more ships that don't need to be! And on top of that, your not gonna give us the Fleet variant, which is just the same damn ship with 1 extra console, and 10% extra hull and shield modifier, for absolutely no reason, even though this junk should ALREADY be Fleet varient considering the ONLY way to get this is to pay REAL money!!!!! :mad::mad::mad::mad:
  • Options
    therealgurutherealguru Member Posts: 155 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    thx for at least thinking a little bit to your veteran players Cryptic. :)

I got a question : Will there be a fleet T6 version also ?
    like it exist previously for Chimera, Peghqu' and Daeinos ?
    My Dm videos - My Yt channel

My Wordpress Blog - Blogger

In Space, drinking or piloting, you must choose ! If you drink, put on the autopilot ;)
  • Options
    greatbritongreatbriton Member Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I...I... my jaw is hanging open! Thank you!

(please let it have the I.R.W. prefix... :P LOL)
    Klingon-RomulanAlliance7a_zps2aa8171d.png
  • Options
    daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    thx for at least thinking a little bit to your veteran players Cryptic. :)

I got a question : Will there be a fleet T6 version also ?
    like it exist previously for Chimera, Peghqu' and Daeinos ?

If one reads the article... it says a Fleet Version will be released at a later time.

:cool:
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • Options
    szimszim Member Posts: 2,503 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Wow... thank you very very much!
  • Options
    davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,512 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    THANKS CRYPTIC!!

I like the looks, and my Romulans in particular will appreciate having something a little more tanky than the Faeht.

Re: Command: using the sheild-stealing power (overwhelm emitters?) could help with survivability.

Lt. Cdr universal is great, you can go science for grav well, tac for more tac, eng for emergency power or aux2.
  • Options
    tiriusavarotiriusavaro Member Posts: 92 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    This is a very nice surprise! Looking forward to testing them out!
    Vice Admiral Tirius Avara'o | U.S.S. Mistral (Fleet Star Cruiser)
    Vice Admiral Mathrias | U.S.S. Utrecht (Blockade Runner Retrofit)
    Vide Admiral Kyurin | U.S.S. Cairhien (Fleet Dreadnought Cruiser)
    Vice Admiral Kiarl Leftrin | U.S.S. Aegir (Fleet Recon Science Vessel)
    --= Starfleet Strategic Command =--
  • Options
    timelord79timelord79 Member Posts: 1,852 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Yeah, if they had gone all out with this and make the spec seat universal so all spec officers could use it you would have seen maybe the biggest spike in LTS Sale numbers ever.

But I'm not complaining.

For me it is entirely 100% frakking free. :D

So, thank you Cryptic!

Plus the Trait sounds aweeesome! It will be very usefull on ALL my ships. I don't like to leave spacedock without at least one torpedo launcher.

Esspecially my endgame pimped T1 constitution will benefit from this.
    11750640_1051211588222593_450219911807924697_n.jpg
  • Options
    iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Your dev blog is good and you should feel good.
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • Options
    starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I have a question regarding the lifetime subscription sale, since the corresponding blog post seems to have been copy-pasted from last year with no corrections. What dates is the sale going on?

As for the destroyers, I could see putting Tyria Sark in a Manticore (though she's going to stay in a Hephaestus in my fan fiction).
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/
  • Options
    blassreiterusblassreiterus Member Posts: 1,294 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    ak255 wrote: »
    Horray for once again not being creative by making new, unique ships because you have no creative minds and just re-release more ships that don't need to be! And on top of that, your not gonna give us the Fleet variant, which is just the same damn ship with 1 extra console, and 10% extra hull and shield modifier, for absolutely no reason, even though this junk should ALREADY be Fleet varient considering the ONLY way to get this is to pay REAL money!!!!! :mad::mad::mad::mad:
    It's a good thing that your opinion matters very little in this situation... As you can see from the FAQ, the Fleet Tier 6 Vet ships won't be in for a while. They're coming, but they're not available NOW. It's the same with other Tier 6 ships, the Fleet versions weren't in until a bit later.

As for the ships, I was suspecting that something like this was happening when I read that the Tier 5 Vet ships were being "downgraded" in terms of Level restrictions from level 50 to level 40.

Anyway, I am happy about this development and thank you Cryptic for making it happen.
    Star Trek Online LTS player.
  • Options
    tinead51tinead51 Member Posts: 449 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I dont think my epeen could get any harder. *schwing* :D
  • Options
    mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Bah, Humbug! Yet another transparent attempt at selling ship slots!

Nice. The differences between the models aren't huge (some more, some less), but the new material options alone can make quite a difference already.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • Options
    fsutamufsutamu Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Just wanted to drop a big giant ty and wp. Totally unexpected and the the looks are fantastic.
  • Options
    lordhavelocklordhavelock Member Posts: 2,248 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    What a lovely and pleasant surprise! Thanks Cryptic.

As an LTS member I will happily take access to more T6 ships. For free! (Read: No additional costs. ;)) The new ship skins look great, too. Huzzah and bully for all!

I had a couple alts that used the old vet ships with much joy and success, and accepted the free T5U upgrades that came with them. It will be nice to move them to proper T6 ships now.

Thanks! :D

Looking forward to Fleet versions. :cool:

P.S. I can't get in game for several hours. For my curiosity, can someone please post the Enhanced Console's passive bonus values to Critical Severity and Hull Hit Points?

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Playing STO since Feb 2010.
  • Options
    pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    starswordc wrote: »
    I have a question regarding the lifetime subscription sale, since the corresponding blog post seems to have been copy-pasted from last year with no corrections. What dates is the sale going on?

As for the destroyers, I could see putting Tyria Sark in a Manticore (though she's going to stay in a Hephaestus in my fan fiction).
    The 2014 should have been 2015. We're not Timetravelers. Yet.
  • Options
    sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Indeed a pleasant surprise. Thankee lifetime sub sale for making this possible.

The trait sounds interesting to me. If the price to upgrade to fleet is still 20,000 credits and 1 module I might give her a serious try. I guess we have to wait and see when fleet becomes available and how much it will be. It makes me curious why fleet version isn't available right away?
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• Options
    blitzy4blitzy4 Member Posts: 839 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    The 2014 should have been 2015. We're not Timetravelers. Yet.

Trendy obviously missed the Delta Recruit event. Shame on them for making her work so hard and not play.
    jKixCmJ.jpg
    "..and like children playing after sunset, we were surrounded by darkness." -Ruri Hoshino

• Options
    toivatoiva Member Posts: 3,276 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Wow, the DuvQu' class is absolutely awesome. So much better than the PeghQu'.

Please a wallpaper (or more).

The Dinaes ain't too bad either, but the older Daeinos is better (one of the best designs, actually).
    TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix, Toveg, T'vritha, To Vrax: Bring in the Allegiance class.
    Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia, Ty'Vris, Tia Vex, Toi'Virth: Add Tier 6 KDF Carrier and Raider.
    Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var, Tevra, T'Vira, To'Vrak: Give us Asylums for Romulans.

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!
  • Options
    reximuzreximuz Member Posts: 1,168 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Awesome! New ships, squeeee! :D
  • Options
    philosopherephilosophere Member Posts: 607 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    So I'm curious as to which Dev is responsible for the makeover? He/she has my sincerest gratitude.

I find her most beautiful in her sector space form. The butt lift and other details are just the bees' knees.

Really well done. :D

(Yea, signature changing soon...)
    Are we there yet?
  • Options
    mikoto8472mikoto8472 Member Posts: 607 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Wow, unexpected.

Thank you Cryptic. This was a wonderful surprise.
  • Options
    hyefatherhyefather Member Posts: 1,286 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    This is so awesome. I honestly don't know what to say. Ty TY TY.
  • Options
    suavekssuaveks Member Posts: 1,736 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    So... what's the point of Fleet T5 Vet Destroyers if there's going to be Fleet T6 Vet Destroyer?

Even better, what's the point of Fleet T5U Vet Destroyer...?
    PyKDqad.jpg
  • Options
    cmdrscarletcmdrscarlet Member Posts: 5,137 Arc User
    edited June 2015
  • Options
    latiasracerlatiasracer Member Posts: 680 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    suaveks wrote: »
    So... what's the point of Fleet T5 Vet Destroyers if there's going to be Fleet T6 Vet Destroyer?

Even better, what's the point of Fleet T5U Vet Destroyer...?

I guess that's why the regular T5 destroyer is now a level 40, rather than 50 ship.

In regards to the fleet one, whats the point in the fleet galaxy? The fleet Intrepid? The Fleet D'D?
    warp plasma can't melt neutronium beams
  • Options
    ssbn655ssbn655 Member Posts: 1,894 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Yea!!!!!!! Thank You!