test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

2 sci-fi shows on the horizon

lordrezeonlordrezeon Member Posts: 399 Arc User
edited June 2015 in Ten Forward
I was recently rummaging around youtube looking at various trailers for upcoming shows and found a couple new sci-fi series coming to the SyFy channel. Yeah I know, I was stunned to see SyFy actually trying to do scifi again too.

The first is a show called "Dark Matter" which is based on a comic book about a group who wake up aboard a ship with no memory of who they are and are soon drawn into a dangerous conflict. This one is apparently going to start airing this week.

The second one I saw is called "The Expanse" based on a novel series of the same name. This one is set in a future where humanity has expanded across the solar system and a conflict is brewing between the people of the inner and outer parts of the solar system. I don't know when this one is planned to come out.

What are your thoughts on these two shows? Is the source material any good? Do you think the shows will be any good?
Post edited by lordrezeon on

Comments

• Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,018 Community Moderator
    edited June 2015
    Never heard of The Expanse, but I did hear that some of the people who worked on Stargate SG-1 will be working on Dark Matter so... might be worth looking at.

Still looking forward to Defiance season 3 though.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    i bet my right arm the latter is about earthers, martians, and jovian groups fighting over territory. it isnt a new concept, so it will have to be good otherwise it may end up like firefly and sgu: canned.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • Options
    deaftravis05deaftravis05 Member Posts: 4,885 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    thanks for the heads up (goes to the pvr)
  • Options
    drogyn1701drogyn1701 Member Posts: 3,606 Media Corps
    edited June 2015
    The one I'm interested in is Killjoys, about interstellar bounty hunters. It has Aaron Ashmore in it, and he was good on Warehouse 13. Starts June 19 on SyFy.
    The Foundry Roundtable live Saturdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
  • Options
    steamwrightsteamwright Member Posts: 2,820
    edited June 2015
    lordrezeon wrote: »

The second one I saw is called "The Expanse" based on a novel series of the same name. This one is set in a future where humanity has expanded across the solar system and a conflict is brewing between the people of the inner and outer parts of the solar system. I don't know when this one is planned to come out.

Isn't that pretty much the background story to Firefly? Just in a different, massive solar system? Alliance = inner, Browncoats and independent types = outer