test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Why isn't the new ship colours working

highcommand5highcommand5 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
Title ^ and ship customisation isn't working either,

E.g I set a colour and it doesn't load on my ship or anything.
Post edited by highcommand5 on

Comments

• warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    New ship color palette is working fine for me so far. Tweaked the KDF & Fed Pilot Ships, Recluse fine.
    XzRTofz.gif
  • monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I was able to customize my c-store B'rel T5-U just fine.

There have been problems in the past where sometimes colors won't show up on the ship no matter what you select. The workaround I always found that fixes it is to click the 'Randomize' button at the bottom left of the screen. Then in advanced options manually select your ship parts and patterns (don't click a ship in the template on the left). Also in advanced options make sure you have patterns selected. Patterns are the only thing that changes color so if they're all set to none you won't get any results when changing colors.

Edit: There is a thread in the bug section. It seems certain ships can't be customized at all while other ships (as was my case) work perfectly fine.

Feel free to post here and list what ships you're having issues with http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1475631
  • a3001a3001 Member Posts: 1,132 Arc User
    edited June 2015

Disable shield effects. Come back in the morning.
    Rejoice JJ Trek people....

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10052253

Why are you not rejoicing?
  • oldkhemaraaoldkhemaraa Member Posts: 1,039 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    1. disable any shield visuals.

2. One you have selected your "Base" skin..select two contrasting colors.. you'll prolly change em.. so doesn't matter what colors in what order...

Select the enhanced option in the lower left and pick the hull or saucer and select a decorative pattern..

Do you see your paint now? Now, mess with patterns and colors till your happy..

Have Fun!
    "I aim to misbehave" - Malcolm Reynolds
  • siriusmusictownsiriusmusictown Member Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited June 2015

My DELTA/FED CAPT (Lvl 33) was completely unable to customize his long range science vessel (Belephron class I think). The Randomize button would reset every thing to an Intrepid hull and no other changes allowed. THis is strange because I bought the whole gold plated science vessel four pack- and I have not had problems before with a kitbash.

On the same account, with A KDF ADM (LVL 60) ENG I was completely able to recolor and Kit bash a Fleet Neg-Tev (sp?). No problems coloring the paterns or changing the nacelles, saucer, hull or pylons.

Just some irregularities that I cant account for. DEVs - yes I did put in a Bug report.

Best - ever coloring models... just make it work consistently, please.
  • warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I made a thread in the Graphical Bugs section here. Feel free to pile on what ships you are encountering this problem on.

I specifically ran into the issue where you can do the Pulldown Menus while in the Ship Tailor Screen. But picking anything always reverted back to the original textures. Not even Randomize changed anything.
    XzRTofz.gif