test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Mini-Powerboard (Targ H.O.G) stats

saber1973asaber1973a Member Posts: 1,224 Arc User
I think there is error in stats for the new Mini-Powerboard - Superior (Targ H.O.G.)

In description it states that it got better turning and worse traction than regular powerbards
and then there are stats:
Speed Rating: 65 (Regular: 60)
Turn Rating: 120 (Regular: 120)

So it's got not better turning, but speed - right? Or the stats are wrong and the description right?
Post edited by saber1973a on

Comments

• jbmaverickjbmaverick Member Posts: 935 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    The Targ H.O.G. is definitely faster than the standard Superior board but I believe it's supposed to be made up for by having "worse" traction than the standard Superior. Since turn rate on the ground is limited to how quickly you can move your mouse while holding right-click I assume the turn value of the board is actually a sort of traction value. If the Targ board is faster but has the same traction then it will end up sliding a bit further on the same turn, but that can be dealt with by driving the thing well.

The universe has a wonderful sense of humor. The trick is learning how to take a joke.
  • l3zl13l3zl13 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Every Powerboard's description says it has increased speed and worse traction. So I'm not sure it means the mini-powerboard has worse traction compared to other superior boards.
    If it really is only faster without any negative side, I think Cryptic should increase the speed of the other 1,5k favor boards to the same level.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    My guess based on the description is that it works like frosted boots. Maybe not as bad, but the same sort of thing.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • demonicaestheticdemonicaesthetic Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    It's faster, but does seem to slide more on corners. WAI as far as I can see
    <center><font size="+5"><b>Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day...
    Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life...</b></size></center>