test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

A final farewell

jake477jake477 Member Posts: 526 Arc User
edited June 2015 in Ten Forward
Well Captains there comes a time in everyone's life when he must end one part of his life and start something new and that time has come. I have to admit its been real fun in game and on the forums but I am hereby quitting STO, for the foreseeable future and possibly will be til this game is faded into dust (which honestly won't take long). This little thing is nothing but a gigantic money trap and now I have a life outside of my own porch so no more galaxy hoping or warp driving for good and most importantly NO MORE MONEY will be spent on this game. I rather use it on real world needs and wants.

In all its been a fun to experience Star Trek again but as a Lifetimer I must respectfully discontinue my account with a heavy heart.

If you people were wise you would join me.

Time to explore life, not a fictional galaxy.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] "This planet smells, it must be the Klingons"
Post edited by jake477 on

Comments

• Options
    jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,365 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Can I haz yer stuffz?
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • Options
    cidjackcidjack Member Posts: 2,017 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    So you can't have a real life and play STO? When did this happen?

I don't want your stuff.
    Armada: Multiplying fleet projects in need of dilithium by 13."
    95bced8038c91ec6f880d510e6fd302f366a776c4c5761e5f7931d491667a45e.jpgvia Imgflip Meme Generator
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    What can we say, jack? Some folks are just too limited to live a life and play a game. It doesn't make sense to me either, but there it is.
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • Options
    cptjhuntercptjhunter Member Posts: 2,288 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Yup, sure OP. See you in the fall.:rolleyes:
  • Options
    kain9primekain9prime Member Posts: 739 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    jake477 wrote: »
    Well Captains there comes a time in everyone's life when he must end one part of his life and start something new and that time has come. I have to admit its been real fun in game and on the forums but I am hereby quitting STO, for the foreseeable future and possibly will be til this game is faded into dust (which honestly won't take long). This little thing is nothing but a gigantic money trap and now I have a life outside of my own porch so no more galaxy hoping or warp driving for good and most importantly NO MORE MONEY will be spent on this game. I rather use it on real world needs and wants.

In all its been a fun to experience Star Trek again but as a Lifetimer I must respectfully discontinue my account with a heavy heart.
    "Well.......bye." ~ Curly Bill, Tombstone

LOL, "join you," really? Where will we go together? I so despise "group-think/jump on my bandwagon" statements like this. As for playing video games vs real world problems - uuuuh, some of us can actually walk and chew gum at the same time. Personally, I have no problem going to work all day, making money, going out on Saturday nights, and setting aside some time to play this game or Neverwinter, or GTA: San Andreas. Yes, I still rock that old PS2...

:cool:

...wait...who are you again?

:confused:
    The artist formally known as Romulus_Prime
  • Options
    cmdrscarletcmdrscarlet Member Posts: 5,137 Arc User
    edited June 2015
  • Options
    mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited June 2015

your concerns are not my business, im not sure why you wasted your time creating this when you may return later on, you dont know for sure. with that stated anyway there is a rule about "i quit" threads not being allowed, so clearly just open the door walk through and close it, move on but we dont need your whole life story.
    In before lock!

and the point in that is because?
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • Options
    rossclansforce1rossclansforce1 Member Posts: 400 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Wait.. What? Is there something wrong with your chair?
    [img]>:)[/img]

Click to Join armadafleet.org/
  • Options
    boweninugamiboweninugami Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    You know, I been kicking around since Beta, I rarely post on the forums due to the rampant idiocy I see sometimes. But this, this is a whole new level.

Now, I'm sure you'll never read this, but I'm gonna say this.

I have a Real Life. I have a job, I play my bills, do my taxes..even get out to the movies and live my life. And I still play this game.

All I see is someone that is opening up a bandwagon thread hoping some people are stupid enough to listen to him.

So this whole 'If you people were wise, you'd join me' TRIBBLE is just that, TRIBBLE.

Leave go, makes no difference to me. Just don't let the door hit you on the way out, wait, on second thought..do.
  • Options
    corelogikcorelogik Member Posts: 1,039 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    jonsills wrote: »
    Can I haz yer stuffz?

I want half!
    "Go play with your DPS in the corner, I don't care how big it is." ~ Me
    "There... are... four... lights!" ~Jean Luc Picard
  • Options
    artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    edited June 2015
    corelogik wrote: »
    I want half!

I want double.
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    moonshadowdarkmoonshadowdark Member Posts: 1,899 Arc User
    edited June 2015

Life effing blows. Why would I want to explore it? Good people suffer, bad people prosper, we're about as technologically advanced as we're ever going to get with an oversized iPad and a robot that falls down, the Earth is slowly rotting away and all anyone cares about is how to make fun of Caitlyn Jenner on the internet.

So why in the name of Roddenberry would anyone want to experience all that TRIBBLE over a fictional universe where good wins, evil loses and Earth is an idyllic society that doesn't suck?
    "A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP"

-Leonard Nimoy, RIP
  • Options
    mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    You know, I been kicking around since Beta, I rarely post on the forums due to the rampant idiocy I see sometimes. But this, this is a whole new level.

Now, I'm sure you'll never read this, but I'm gonna say this.

I have a Real Life. I have a job, I play my bills, do my taxes..even get out to the movies and live my life. And I still play this game.

All I see is someone that is opening up a bandwagon thread hoping some people are stupid enough to listen to him.

So this whole 'If you people were wise, you'd join me' TRIBBLE is just that, TRIBBLE.

Leave go, makes no difference to me. Just don't let the door hit you on the way out, wait, on second thought..do.

why do you feel any need to justify yourself? if someone else wants to leave, let them, its their choice and its certainly no concern of yours or mine.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • Options
    ddesjardinsddesjardins Member Posts: 3,056 Media Corps
    edited June 2015
    cptjhunter wrote: »
    Yup, sure OP. See you in the fall.:rolleyes:

LOL. True, brother true. Once STO is 'in the blood', you never leave.
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    LOL. True, brother true. Once STO is 'in the blood', you never leave.
    One of us... one of us...
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • Options
    neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Bye Felicia
    GwaoHAD.png
  • Options
    generalmocogeneralmoco Member Posts: 1,634
    edited June 2015
    Can I haz your stuff???

no im serious... I'd like your stuff... you can send me a PM here on the forums...

now where is Trendy to swingith le close hammah!!! :heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeya:
  • Options
    pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I can has stuff?
    Closed for Iquittery.
This discussion has been closed.