test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Rollout of Veteran Rewards for Lifetime Subscribers

captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User
Being a Lifetime subscriber, I know that the Veteran Rewards are rolled out with leveling. Unfortunately, the way it's described, it's like the players get it all in one shot when they start a new character.

Rewording it, and possibly having a 'level table' of what Vet Rewards are given to the characters, would help reduce the amount of Support tickets and people upset with Lifetimers 'getting all the Vet Rewards all at once'.
Post edited by captaincelestial on

Comments

• thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    The Table has been on the website for years. It is currently under the Guides section: http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/3026853
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • officerbatman81officerbatman81 Member Posts: 2,761 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Wait wait wait here just a second, i'm confused...........

OP says that LTS people get the vet rewards parsed out over time rather than instantly and complains that it isn't advertised very well.

But the follow up poster puts a link from arc, if you scroll down to the bottom to the FAQ it clearly says "Q: What if I'm a Lifetime Subscriber?
    A: All current and future Lifetime Subscribers will gain instant access to all Veteran Rewards, regardless of purchase date!"

What's the deal here? ARC lying? OP wrong?
  • dmtdmt Member Posts: 194 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Wait wait wait here just a second, i'm confused...........

OP says that LTS people get the vet rewards parsed out over time rather than instantly and complains that it isn't advertised very well.

But the follow up poster puts a link from arc, if you scroll down to the bottom to the FAQ it clearly says "Q: What if I'm a Lifetime Subscriber?
    A: All current and future Lifetime Subscribers will gain instant access to all Veteran Rewards, regardless of purchase date!"

What's the deal here? ARC lying? OP wrong?

Everything is unlocked once the player reachs level 5, in one big massive lump that can overwhelm the UI.

Both are correct.
  • oldkhemaraaoldkhemaraa Member Posts: 1,039 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    The OP is incorrect.

Over one-two years ago the payout on LTM rewards was changed. So if you buy a life time, you automatically become a veteran player. Gold level members how ever still have to qualify for vet rewards.

On a side note, I THINK we may be getting an additional vet ship in the near future. As of today patch the Vet Destroyer becomes claimable at level 40. There's been a number of hints of a new vet reward ship coming. ((Cryptic folk, no body gave away noth'n..ya'll awfully good at keep ing secrets.))

And tell the artist.. iteration one of vet ships for Fed and KDF were these kinda preganant guppy affairs. specially the KDF ship. The rom ship was sleek deadly, and georgeous. Lets get more of that sleek and deadly going..
    "I aim to misbehave" - Malcolm Reynolds
  • captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User
    I'm not complaining about anything, guys.

Despite my startdate for this account, I have been playing STO during Closed Alpha Testing and had a Lifetime account for both Champions Online and STO.

All I am saying, just in case you needed the reiteration:
    State in the Lifetime offer that the Vet rewards are rolled out over time so those who want to get the Lifetime subscription will understand that they won't get all the bells and whistles out of the gate. Also, it would cut down on the complaints of those who don't have the Lifetime subscription that the Lifetimers get the T5/T6 at the start of the game.

While the current advertisement may be up and centre, as time goes by, that stuff will drift out of people's conciousness as new stuff comes along.
  • tehbubbalootehbubbaloo Member Posts: 2,003 Arc User
    now that the join dates have been reset again, i expect to see another flood of closed alpha/beta testers posting on the board.
  • ginagtmdhginagtmdh Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    I have been a lifetime subscriber since 2012 and received all the veteran rewards of the time, immediately. However, the new T6 Veteran Heavy Destroyer is supposed to be in the Ships tab of the Zen store and available to me. It is not there. And the T5 Veteran Destroyer is not available, even though other toons on my account have it. :|