test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Testing mission in Foundry

axsys212axsys212 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
Hey all,

I was hoping that I could get some help with something. I recently got back into the foundry to finish some missions I had started before the sector space revamp went live. For some reason when I go to test the mission before I publish it I get less than halfway to the system I need to get to and I get a federation traffic controller that comes up and says I am not authorized to leave the federation controlled sections of the beta quadrant and then it sends me right back to the start. Is there something that I have to change in my mission? Also the character that I have to test in the foundry is labeled as a cadet. Could this be the problem? If so how to I level him to the appropriate rank?

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Yeesh... dang... that's awkward yeah. I've never seen that happen, but my Foundry char is level 56 or so.

See this thread for more data: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1460471
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • theyredeadjimtheyredeadjim Member Posts: 243 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I haven't bothered to level my Foundry toon, so I have encountered this as well. I gather that you had this occur in Sector Space on a Cryptic map.

I would suggest the following:
    1. Test your non-Cryptic maps separately using your Foundry toon to make sure that they are working as intended.
    2. Change the description of your mission to something like, "Testing only - Please do not play or rate"
    3. Publish your mission.
    4. Change over to your Holodeck toons.
    5. Pick up the mission on any Holodeck toons that you wish to test with.
    6. You may wish to go back to the Foundry at this point in order to withdraw the mission, so that others cannot access it.

At this point, you will be able to test the mission with your Holodeck toons. This has the added advantage of seeing how the mission will actually behave in the real environment. It also allows others to help you test it, until you withdraw the mission.

Cheers!
  • axsys212axsys212 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Thank you all for your help and suggestions.
  • dratikusdratikus Member Posts: 120 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I tried to level my foundry toon, but I don't get any xp for anything in the foundry world. How are you guys leveling up the character? I want to spend time making a story not leveling. I don't understand why Cryptic can't just give us the ability to set the level of character we want to test.
  • borrowedtuneborrowedtune Member Posts: 138 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I haven't bothered to level my Foundry toon, so I have encountered this as well. I gather that you had this occur in Sector Space on a Cryptic map.

I would suggest the following:
    1. Test your non-Cryptic maps separately using your Foundry toon to make sure that they are working as intended.
    2. Change the description of your mission to something like, "Testing only - Please do not play or rate"
    3. Publish your mission.
    4. Change over to your Holodeck toons.
    5. Pick up the mission on any Holodeck toons that you wish to test with.
    6. You may wish to go back to the Foundry at this point in order to withdraw the mission, so that others cannot access it.

At this point, you will be able to test the mission with your Holodeck toons. This has the added advantage of seeing how the mission will actually behave in the real environment. It also allows others to help you test it, until you withdraw the mission.

Cheers!

If I may add a tweak to this recommendation.

Make a copy of your mission and publish the copy to holodeck for testing. Then remove/delete the copy once testing is complete. Why? Because the first time you publish your mission, the clock starts running for inclusion in the "new" tab. This is a valuable but limited promotion tool for new missions. Players do use it to find missions to play. Of course, you will need to beg, bribe and threaten anyone you know to get it out of review stage asap.
    dratikus wrote: »
    How are you guys leveling up the character?.

They are insane. Unfortunately, according to Star Trek canon, this is rather common among Admirals.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Yeesh... dang... that's awkward yeah. I've never seen that happen, but my Foundry char is level 56 or so.

See this thread for more data: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1460471
    dratikus wrote: »
    I tried to level my foundry toon, but I don't get any xp for anything in the foundry world. How are you guys leveling up the character? I want to spend time making a story not leveling. I don't understand why Cryptic can't just give us the ability to set the level of character we want to test.
    Yeah, that's what the other thread I linekd is about. :P
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • zorbanezorbane Member Posts: 1,617 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    axsys212 wrote: »
    Hey all,

I was hoping that I could get some help with something. I recently got back into the foundry to finish some missions I had started before the sector space revamp went live. For some reason when I go to test the mission before I publish it I get less than halfway to the system I need to get to and I get a federation traffic controller that comes up and says I am not authorized to leave the federation controlled sections of the beta quadrant and then it sends me right back to the start. Is there something that I have to change in my mission? Also the character that I have to test in the foundry is labeled as a cadet. Could this be the problem? If so how to I level him to the appropriate rank?

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

You can get around this by going to the first map in the editor and clicking "Play Map"
    StarbaseUGC Discord Chat
    Foundry Mission Database
    Check out my Foundry missions:
    Standalone - The Great Escape - The Galaxy's Fair - Purity I: Of Denial - Return to Oblivion
    Untitled Series - Duritanium Man - The Improbable Bulk - Commander Rihan
This discussion has been closed.