test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

3 part gound set plus a weapon for boffs? proposal/idea

gleitfroschgleitfrosch Member Posts: 34 Arc User
Hello,

what do you think about an extra slot on our boffs inventory for a weapon to be able to get the 3 items set abilities and still be able to equip them with a individual weapon that fits the character?

right now, we have to use the set weapon if we want our boffs to have the full set bonus.

personally i would perfer to make my boffs more individual, like a science boff with a pistol instead of a smg or whatever the set weapon is.

the (lets call it) set-slot could be a non usable slot, to avoid bugs with weapon switching, it would only count towards the set bonus, nothing else.
Post edited by gleitfrosch on

Comments

• binebanebinebane Member Posts: 557 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    or custom set with pistol...
  • psych2lpsych2l Member Posts: 79 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    That'd be convenient but there are so few opportunities where you really need to even take your first officer with you at endgame. What I think they should do is allow us to equip our extra kits and modules to our ground boffs just like their space abilities which could then be tailored towards pvp and pve maps that require the use of your first officer. Capture the flag and holding strategic points come to mind as objectives, or we could just have our boffs kitted to duke it out in an arena pokemon style. I believe Andoria has plenty of room for that purpose ;)
  • gleitfroschgleitfrosch Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    binebane wrote: »
    or custom set with pistol...

are there any?

All sets i know have rifles.
    What I think they should do is allow us to equip our extra kits and modules to our ground boffs

why not both?
  • demonicaestheticdemonicaesthetic Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    psych2l wrote: »
    That'd be convenient but there are so few opportunities where you really need to even take your first officer with you at endgame. What I think they should do is allow us to equip our extra kits and modules to our ground boffs just like their space abilities which could then be tailored towards pvp and pve maps that require the use of your first officer. Capture the flag and holding strategic points come to mind as objectives, or we could just have our boffs kitted to duke it out in an arena pokemon style. I believe Andoria has plenty of room for that purpose ;)

Currently 'First Officer' is an empty title you assign to one of your boffs, perhaps a better option would simply be to allow first officers to equip kits, some sets are armour/shield/kit, so first officers get a kit slot, and 'career specific kits' mission rewards let you choose a career on the replay, so that second set can have a kit that fits the first officers class, rather than your class.
    <center><font size="+5"><b>Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day...
    Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life...</b></size></center>
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,501 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    A "set slot" that can hold a weapon or kit that gives the set bonus without being used by the boff is a good idea, and is probably less work than adding general kits support.

That lets the boff get any of the reputation or event set bonuses.