test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Bonus Damage From Items (Non-Tac Console)

e30erneste30ernest Member Posts: 1,794 Arc User
edited May 2015 in The Academy
A few questions about damage bonuses from items:
  • Adapted MACO - Where does it apply the 25% torpedo bonus damage? Is it to base?
  • Warp Core AMP - Same as above, is the bonus applied at base or after other modifiers?

Thanks!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• corelogikcorelogik Member Posts: 1,039 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    e30ernest wrote: »
    A few questions about damage bonuses from items:
    • Adapted MACO - Where does it apply the 25% torpedo bonus damage? Is it to base?
    • Warp Core AMP - Same as above, is the bonus applied at base or after other modifiers?

Thanks!

Generally speaking, ALL damage boosts are to base damage of the weapon in question.

Warp Core [AMP], is more useful the higher your sub-system power levels are. (Plasmonic Leech, Zero Point Energy Conduit and Bio-Neural Gel Pack, helps with this considerably.) The more of them you can keep at 75 or higher, the more damage, and yes, it too, is to the base damage of the weapon.

I have a Plas Leech, ZPC and BNGP equipped on ALL of my main ships and for the most part, unless I fly through an Undine bubble or get hit with an energy dampener, 3 or my 4 sub-systems are always at least 80 with the fourth bobbing above and below ~75 depending on how intensely i'm fighting.

The M.A.C.O. set bonus is nice and yes is also to base damage. Just beware if you equip Plasmonic Leech though, one of the M.A.C.O. shields tends to interfere with Plasmonic Leech. So I just equip the other one and keep 2 out of the 3 bonuses for the set.

For my personal use: I use the M.A.C.O. Deflector & Impulse Engine and the Adapted M.A.C.O. Shield. I get the power transfer bonus and the torp damage, while keeping my Plasmonic Leech at its full effectiveness. If you don't have Plasmonic Leech, no need to worry about it, though I highly recommend it. Even with no other bonuses, higher power levels = more damage.
    "Go play with your DPS in the corner, I don't care how big it is." ~ Me
    "There... are... four... lights!" ~Jean Luc Picard