test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

crash to desktop in multiple areas - same error

Trying to use the Iconian gate to go from the Beta quad to the Delta and crashed to desktop.

Later on the same character, crash to desktop when trying to beam down to the Defera Invasion Zone.

Both crashes have the same error message:

Fatal Error: Error decompressing Data. Verifying Files in the Launcher may fix this issue:

Technical Details: Error decompressing data. Verifying Files in the launcher may fix this issue.: ./piggs/texture3.hogg:
Texture_Library/Costumes/Emblem/Emblem_Signs_01_E.Wtex:

I did use the verify files in the launcher both times.

Tis annoying ... & it shouldn't be costume piece both time - the first was while zoning as ship and the second was while zoning from ship to ground.

There shouldn't be a common 'costume' element unless it's a ship detail & I haven't changed that ships visuals in over a year and have had no problems before today.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    trennantrennan Member Posts: 2,839 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I had it crash the installer while I was intalling STO on my laptop last night.
    Mm5NeXy.gif
  • Options
    tilviustilvius Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I thought I have fixed it with all the safe mode guide everyone has been suggesting but even that hasn't work. Support ticket even came back to me with so ways but im still crashing. Ill only crash during large fights and some grund battles.
    I stopped laying this game like a year ago on the same machine and back then the only issues I was having were the rubberbanding. But even with that, the game was playable and never crashed on me. I got back into the game like 3 weeks ago and all these crashes. Just doesnt make the game enjoyable.