test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

[WIP] No-Fleet, T5U B'rel Retrofit Build

virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
edited June 2015 in Klingon Discussion
Disclaimer: Before anything else, please note that this is not a recommended build. It's not a recommended build by any means. It's just a work-in-progress build that I'm dorking around with having given some thought to trying out patrickngo's A thought experiment... thread.

Note: Yep, by going "No-Fleet" I'm well aware of the multitude of things by which I'll be handicapping the build.

First there would be not having the Fleet B'rel, which means giving up the +10% Shield Modifier and the additional Engineering console.

The build will not have any [Pla] Science consoles, which there would have been room for one by shifting one of the Universal consoles from Sci to Eng on the Fleet B'rel.

It means there will not be any Vulnerability Locator Advanced Tactical consoles, and thus the CrtH of the build will be lower - which in turn will lower the damage output.

The single Tac BOFF that I'm using will not be a Rom with SRO, meaning lower CrtH/CrtD - lower damage.

This build will only have room for five Active Space DOFFs instead of six - the sixth being unlocked with a Fleet.

Basically, the damage the build will do will not be what it could do if this particular build restriction were not in place.

Will have to see how it goes, eh?

Link to current build on STO Academy: http://www.stoacademy.com/tools/skillplanner/index.php?build=meenabrel_5343

Some of the missing icons/info/corrections from that build.

The LCdr Tac BOFF slot is Kemocite-Laced Weaponry III.
The LCdr Sci BOFF slot is Destabilizing Resonance Beam II.
The Transphasic Torpedo is actually a VR12 Resonant Transphasic Torpedo.
The second device is the Temporal Negotiator.
The second Eng console is a VR14 Polaric Modulator.
The sixth Personal Trait is Ablative Shell.
Only one Starship Trait, and it's Improved Temporal Insight.

Some additional information for the build (I usually place it in the Notes section of the build).

Captain: Ferasan

Bridge Officers

Tac: Nausicaan (Pirate)
Eng: Nausicaan (Pirate)
Eng: Nausicaan (Pirate)
Sci: Hierarchy (Efficient/Pirate)

Duty Officers

Rare Energy Weapons Officer (Chance (Cannon Ability): reduce Cannon ability recharge)
3x Rare Damage Control Engineers (Chance (EPtX): reduce EPtX ability recharge)
Very Rare Warp Core Engineer (Chance (EPtX): remove all debuffs)

Subsystem Power (unbuffed)

Weapons: 125/100
Shields: 74/45
Engines: 52/15
Auxiliary: 60/40

Combat Stats (unbuffed)

Bonus Defense (Parked/Max Impulse): 21.3% / 91.3%
Bonus Accuracy: 27.7%
Critical Hit Chance: 9.0%
Critical Severity: 81.0%
Hull Health: 45,513
Shield Capacity: 8,014
Kinetic Damage Resistance: 41.7%
Energy Damage Resistance: 37.5% - 38.3% (missing Accolades)

Specilizations

Primary: Intelligence Officer (4)

Hide Weakness I/II
Automated Reinforcement I/II

Secondary: Command Officer (2)

Expose Weakness I
Tachyon Charges

Current goals as far as gear/etc to add/replace:

Deflector: Solanae -> KHG
Engines: Solanae -> KHG
Shields: Solanae -> Iconian
Core: Obelisk -> Iconian

Weapons: Nanite Disruptor DHC -> Resonant Disruptor DHC

Consoles: VR6 Induction Coil -> Harmonic Resonance Relay

9th Personal Trait: Not sure.

Starship Traits: Not sure.

Active Reputation Traits: Refracting Tetryon Cascade, Quantum Singularity Manipulation, Bio-Molecular Shield Generator, Deploy Sensor Interference Platform

Some of the set bonuses that will be in play (incomplete information, since gear hasn't been upgraded and stats unknown - might hit up Tribble to update things to know where it's going, but I haven't done that yet). Not all are currently active.

2pc Counter Command Ordnance: +7.5% Bonus Disruptor Damage; +2% chance for Bio-Molecular Incubation.

2pc Preserver Resonant Technologies: +3.4 Weapon Power Setting; Resonance Disruption Wave increases Energy Damage dealt to Shields by 15%.

3pc Preserver Resonant Technologies (Harmonic Firing Enhancement Matrix): for 15 sec apply a stacking 4% Firing Cycle Haste for Energy Weapons buff to self every second (up to 10 stacks), being hit grants a stack (max 1 per second), at 10 stacks +15% Bonus Damage.

2pc Iconian Resistance Starship Technologies (Enhanced Shield Distribution): Distribute Shields applies 245.3 Shield Regeneration for 5 sec to each facing, 30 second cooldown.

2pc Klingon Honor Guard (Tactical Readiness): +25% Torpedo damage, +8.9 Auxliary Power, +71% Crewman loss resistance, +8.9 Crew Recovery Rate.

There's more that I wanted to post, but the character's only level 56 and isn't going to level herself, eh?

So I'll post more later, more info on the pieces, why I'm looking at them - some parse stuff from runs and the like.

Heh, or maybe I'll end up forgetting about it.

Will have to see...

edit: Lol, I forgot the DOFFs I've got slotted...had to add those in.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    tyriniussstyriniusss Member Posts: 317 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Have a look at Omega Kinetic Shearing. It makes your Torp 40% better, that's really hard to pass on. I slot it every time I have a torpedo on my ship, which is, well on every ship :D
  • Options
    mynameisnommynameisnom Member Posts: 639 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    tyriniusss wrote: »
    Have a look at Omega Kinetic Shearing. It makes your Torp 40% better, that's really hard to pass on. I slot it every time I have a torpedo on my ship, which is, well on every ship :D

If people actually cared to look at the tooltip, it doesn't make the torpedo. "40%" better, the percentage of the TORP damage that hits hull is what becomes the dot, and even then 40% if that. So in reality kinetic shearing sucks a lot. A loooooooot
    [SIGPIC]http://s286.photobucket.com/user/parasite_12000/media/jub_zps9318ae82.jpg.html[/SIGPIC]
    stoutes wrote: »
    Those fish are much like their masters, filthy backstabbers... All battlecloaked fish, waiting for the right moment...
    The boss being a gigantic Winter Epohh Researcher. As you lay waste to the Epohh Horde, she can occasionally cry out things like, "Didn't you want an Epohh friend?"
  • Options
    edited May 2015

If people actually cared to look at the tooltip, it doesn't make the torpedo. "40%" better, the percentage of the TORP damage that hits hull is what becomes the dot, and even then 40% if that. So in reality kinetic shearing sucks a lot. A loooooooot

It depends on the target and the amount of bleed being done.

Fighting a NPC with standard shields, no shield penetration traits/etc in play...

Damage * 0.1 * 0.4 / 6 = OKS damage per tick.

So it's about 0.67% damage per tick...or...about 4% of the initial damage for all ticks.

But it's not going to be that straightforward in many cases. Unshielded targets, shield facings dropped, number of torps, speed of the torps, etc, etc, etc...it would be a case by case scenario of deciding if one wanted OKS for one of their four Reputation Traits.

Course, for this build I wouldn't go with OKS. I've got a single torp, no CD reduction going, etc, etc, etc. The torp is there for its proc and how it feeds into the 2pc and 3pc Preserver set bonuses.

on hit: 33% chance: Resonant Disruption Wave
    2km radius at target:
    * X.X Physical Damage (100% Shield Penetration)
    * -10 All Damage Resistance for 8 sec
    * Increases damage to Shields by 15% from all energy types for 8 sec (requires Resonance Amplifiers)

That last bit comes from the 2pc set bonus. I noted the 3pc set bonus in the original post.

I've built other boats that have taken advantage of what OKS can provide...this just really isn't one, imho.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    While OKS doesn't add straight 40% the 25-35% it usually adds in my parses is still pretty strong IMHO.

Looking at this ISA parse:
    http://i.imgur.com/XrBwMfc.jpg

Torpedoes slotted were the Wide-Angle Quantum front, and the Vaadwaur Tricobalt Cluster in the back.
    The Torpedo DPS adds up to ~5089, OKS sits at ~1441. So it added ~28% to the torpedoes' damage. That number ranges from 25%-35% in my parses in ISA, independent of type and amount of torpedoes used.

I certainly would not call this "sucks a lot".
    In the end OKS's usefulness compared to other offensive traits depends on how much of your overall damage comes from your torpedo(es).
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    (too much for an edit, therefor another post)

I totally agree that it's situational, Borg STFs certainly are the optimal environment for OKS, due to all the unshielded priority targets. It might get next to useless to the point where it really just "suuucks" when the vast majority of the targets is shielded (then it's really pretty much worthless as mynameisnom said, I agree).

But then again, if we want to min/max our damage output, why bring a torpedo at all in such an environment virusdancerr?
    I see you are going for the debuff. But I wonder if it's worth giving up a weapon slot for that Resonant Disruption Wave. We get a 1/3 chance to land a Disruptor Proc with the torpedo. Given we run without PWOs, how often do we get a chance to proc that? Every 8 seconds? (no idea how long the CD is on that torp, pretty sure it's not below 8s though)

Wouldn't it make more sense to just slot another Disruptor instead to get a lower chance to proc the same debuff, but fire it more often often, thus having more chances to actually proc + benefit from our +disruptor tac consoles?
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    (too much for an edit, therefor another post)

I totally agree that it's situational, Borg STFs certainly are the optimal environment for OKS, due to all the unshielded priority targets. It might get next to useless to the point where it really just "suuucks" when the vast majority of the targets is shielded (then it's really pretty much worthless as mynameisnom said, I agree).

But then again, if we want to min/max our damage output, why bring a torpedo at all in such an environment virusdancerr?
    I see you are going for the debuff. But I wonder if it's worth giving up a weapon slot for that Resonant Disruption Wave. We get a 1/3 chance to land a Disruptor Proc with the torpedo. Given we run without PWOs, how often do we get a chance to proc that? Every 8 seconds? (no idea how long the CD is on that torp, pretty sure it's not below 8s though)

Wouldn't it make more sense to just slot another Disruptor instead to get a lower chance to proc the same debuff, but fire it more often often, thus having more chances to actually proc + benefit from our +disruptor tac consoles?

It's a 10sec CD torp.
    The duration of the debuff is 8sec.
    It's a 2km AoE though, so it's to all targets in that area - which with folks clumping targets, can work out decently enough. Another DHC would only increase the overall probability of the proc on a single target - running into issues of Disruptor flavors and finding something that might actually stack with the rest while the Resonant wouldn't have those issues.

The 2pc adds a 15% increase to shield damage to the -10 DRR debuff. The 2pc also adds +3.4 Weapon Power, which can aid in issues that might arise with the dance of overcap with Cannons vs. Beams, where +3.4 Weapon Power equals +6.8% Energy Weapon Damage (though in application, it would be more about potentially offsetting the loss of 6.8% Energy Weapon Damage because of drain).

It's also about the 3pc set bonus though...up to 40% Firing Cycle Haste for Energy Weapons and a +15% Bonus Damage boost. That's 15sec (5sec at 40%) every 2min.

While also going with Intel Primary/Command Secondary, where the Torp can trigger Tachyon Charges and Destabilized Emitters.

Concept being sitting on the flank of a heavy target...shield drains from the torp, chance for the increased Energy Damage against shields, while also having the increased penetration from the torp being a Trans, along with stacked Intense Focus, popping Intel Fleet at some point down the road, doing the Physical Damage, having the Destabilizing Resonance Beam going, multiple flavors of Disruptor, etc, etc, etc...

It's not meant as a recommended build by any means...it's just what I'm dorking around with and looking to dork around with.

Will get more of a feel for things after being able to pick up the Resonant DHC for the 2pc tomorrow...but won't really know about the 3pc until the following Thursday and picking up the console.

Then again, it could just be the cool whup-whup-whup sound that a HY2 makes with it...lol. :D
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    Hrmm, to look at where it is now...guess I'd need to save increments of the build to do this and be able to compare anything...this was an ISA run I just did. Guess compared to what's in the build in the OP and the description there, the difference would be the Resonant Trans is VR14 and have another point in Command for Expose Weakness II.

Player A) 35,433 (they got a 30k invite)
    Meena) 11,362
    Player C) 6,484
    Player D) 5,276
    Player E) 3,852

Player A was in a Sheshar, so not only did they do 56.9% of the damage, they also took 64% of base damage in, took 73.5% of the attacks, 60.3% of the healing out, and 66.4% of the healing in.

But to break it down more for where Meena's DPS came from...

Dual Heavy Disruptor Cannons: 2,484
    Dual Heavy Disruptor Cannons - Rapid Fire III: 1,946
    Quad Disruptor Cannons: 1,285
    Quad Disruptor Cannons - Rapid Fire III: 878
    Heavy Bio-Molecular Disruptor Turret: 751
    Disruptor Turret: 701
    Resonant Transphasic Torpedo - Salvo II: 669
    Heavy Bio-Molecular Disruptor Turret - Rapid Fire III: 595
    Disruptor Turret - Rapid Fire III: 526
    Kemocite Explosion: 523
    Resonant Transphasic Torpedo: 488
    Destablizing Resonance Beam II: 230
    Pets (Sum/Nimbus): 204
    Resonant Disruption Wave: 39
    Tachyon Charges: 26
    Bio-Molecular Incubation: 9

With 45 HY2 hits and 27 standard hits, there were 12 Resonant Disruption Wave procs.

The DHCs/DHCs-RF3 would be the VR14 Wide [CrtD]x2[CrtH] and the placeholder VR11 Nanite [Acc][CrtD][CrtH].

I'm used to posting info on non-DPS stuff, so I'll post that as well.

18.1% base damage in, 11.7% attacks in, 21.1% heal out, 17.9% heal in

78.2% of my healing went to me, 13.9% to Player A, 6.2% to Player B, and 1.5% to Player E. Player E was the only death...meh, I had a wrong angle on the Cube and couldn't toss them an ET.

Definitely a WIP. :)

edit: Not sure if I mentioned it in the thread (could look, but I'm half-asleep)...but I suck at Tac. I spent around a year and a half maining Eng and then a year and a half maining Sci...I had a 43% GDF during that run near the end by accident (lag was brutal) where I was like, oh yeah, GDF. /facepalm

My APA/TacInit efficiency wasn't much better...I brought the failsauce in bulk there.

edit2: Kind of got curious about more of the less maneuvering DPS I did...

Overall again was 11,362.
    Left Trans was 19,355.
    Right Trans was 21,623.
    Gateway was 18,887.
    Tac Cube was 18,409.

...so yeah, will have to see where that goes as this project continues.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    So did a couple of changes/upgrades.

CRF3 -> CSV3
    HY2 -> TS2

Feeling more comfortable with the survivability of the build, I switched those Tac BOFF abilities to take better advantage of what the build is attempting to offer. Initial tests have been like night and day, with the multiple target abilities being far superior to the single target abilities. In a game that caters to FAW, it's not surprising - just wanted to feel more comfortable with survivability first.

Upgrade the three VR12 Induction Coils to Mk XIV, with one going UR. Feel goofy on a certain level upgrading standard Tac consoles, but it's the nature of this No-Fleet build.

Also grabbed the Resonant DHC taking it to VR14, so all the weapons are currently VR14 (there were no lucky or unlucky UR upgrades). So the 2pc is now in play.

Definitely seen a performance boost...if I ever manage to get an ISA to finish, lol, I'll update with some numbers.

Well, here are the numbers from the last run which failed...

Player A) 26,369
    Meena) 18,387
    Player C) 3,891
    Player D) 3,695
    Player E) 1,624

So the build is getting there...

edit: Tired of the failure after failure in ISA, I decided to hit up a CSA and had a 431 second run.

Meena) 12,670 - 28.5% Attacks In - 33.2% Base Damage In - 21.8% Heal Out - 23.3% Heal In - 0 Deaths
    Player B) 11,856 - 35.3% Attacks In - 36.1% Base Damage In - 59.3% Heal Out - 58.9% Heal In - 0 Deaths
    Player C) 9,070 - 9.4% Attacks In - 9.3% Base Damage In - 5.6% Heal Out - 5.1% Heal In - 0 Deaths
    Player D) 5,739 - 19.4% Attacks In - 11.6% Base Damage In - 6.0% Heal Out - 4.9% Heal In - 1 Death
    Player E) 4,178 - 7.2% Attacks In - 9.6% Base Damage In - 7.2% Heal Out - 7.7% Heal In - 1 Death

Hrmm, I'm starting to wonder what this build could do if I were to do away with the No-Fleet part. Cause I'm only doing 10-11% CrtH without the Vulnerability Locators and SRO...hrmm, but I'm going to stick to the plan and keep working on trying to fly this boat (cause I'm still flying like a total noob - "Virus, you can't broadside with DHCs." "I know, I know...gimme a minute!")...heh.
  • Options
    revanindustriesrevanindustries Member Posts: 508 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Have you thought about using the Counter-Command Deflector and Engines instead of Honor Guard? The deflector ups weapon damage and accuracy, the Engines are Hyper, and the 2-piece gives an extra 5% defense. Just a thought that went through my head.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    Have you thought about using the Counter-Command Deflector and Engines instead of Honor Guard? The deflector ups weapon damage and accuracy, the Engines are Hyper, and the 2-piece gives an extra 5% defense. Just a thought that went through my head.

The initial dancing around had been:

Iconian Shields/Core &...

Counter-Command Deflector/Engine
    Nukara Deflector/Engine
    Honor Guard Deflector/Engine
    Kobali Deflector/Engine
    Assimilated Deflector/Engine
    Iconian Deflector/Engine
    Adapted Honor Guard Deflector/Engine
    Breen Deflector/Engine

...heh, guess it would have been easier just to say the four I didn't consider were Jem'Hadar, Romulan/Reman, Omega, and Delta - heh.

Trying to remember why I went with the KHG (though, I goofed and bought the Shield instead of Deflector cause I was half-asleep and not paying attention - but that just means I'll have the 3pc KHG while waiting on getting up there to get the Iconian pieces, even dropped in a Counter-Command Core while waiting)...

Hrmm, that might be tougher. As for the 2pc Fluidic/Counter-Command...that 2pc set bonus just didn't really do anything for me. Even parked, I'm already looking at 21.3% Bonus Defense. That gives NPCs an 82.4% To-Hit. I move to 1/4 throttle, I'm at 44.9%...69.0% To-Hit. Minute into combat I've got another 6% from Pattern Recognition, 78.5% To-Hit while parked and 66.2% while at 1/4 throttle. Yeah, that's diminishing returns kicking in.

0% Accuracy vs. 0% Defense = 100% To-Hit
    0% Accuracy vs. 25% Defense = 80% To-Hit, 20% decrease for 25% increase.
    0% Accuracy vs. 50% Defense = 66.7% To-Hit, 13.3% decrease for 25% increase.
    0% Accuracy vs. 75% Defense = 57.1% To-Hit, 9.6% decrease for 25% increase.
    0% Accuracy vs. 100% Defense = 50.0% To-Hit, 7.1% decrease for 25% increase.

The +5% from engines and +5% from the 2pc...the +10%...hrmm, meh. It's a PvE build, so I'm not worried about players and their increased accuracy. And well, the AP DBRR isn't going to be affecting much of anything that I'm fighting.

For something like HSA or Elites, would need to take another look at things - but so far I'm just looking at Advanced (outside of HSA), and it's basically get aft, park, unload. Evasive is almost exclusively used for moving between engagements and not during engagements - not strafing because of the loss of DPS that results in...it's park 'n shoot or crawl 'n shoot.

Heh, and I guess I've got a goofy thing going for it as well...a thematic thing.
    Iconian Core - hot restart weapons
    Iconian Shield - hot restart shields
    KHG Engine - hot restart engines

The KHG Engines are also giving me +1.5 Shield/+1.8 Aux power, while the 2pc gives me another +8.8 Aux. That Tactical Readiness also helps in odd ways, cause the B'rel has such a small crew. There's also the +25% Projectile Damage (Strength).../shrug.

The Fluidic Deflector has it's +5% Accuracy (I'm already at 28% Bonus Accuracy), and well...at VR12: +4.4% Energy Damage (Strength), +8.75% Projectile Damage (Strength), wee bit of hull (low base, so wee increase), wee bit of shields (low base, so wee increase), some Inertial and some Partigens.

Doesn't mean that the KHG Deflector's giving me much of anything there though. Same wee hull, no shields, useless Gravgens, useless Decomp, less Partigens, useless Stealth, meh EPS, and a wee bit of Flow to help out with the Leech. But all in all, it's a pretty lolwut Deflector for the build.

Hell, even the +Aux it provides is only giving me +0.5% Bonus Damage. Not a typo, heh, the +10.6 Aux only gives +0.5%...heh.

The Nukara Deflector/Engine combo would likely provide a better combo, Nukara Deflector would definitely (imho) be a better choice for the build than the KHG, and though the Nukara is faster it has less turn...but it has that Shield Power bonus which means that power could be shifted to Aux. The 2.5% & ~-0.25% would be higher than the 0.5%, yeah?

Hell, all sorts of better choices there from that list above, eh?

Doesn't get much better with the UR mods...Delta would actually have the better UR, but eh, eh?

Yep, something for me to take a look at later...heh, I don't always fly with what's best in slot though...and I just can't recall why I actually picked the 2pc KHG here - probably just at a whim after a casual look, cause all in all it didn't matter since I was fixated on the Iconian Core/Shields.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    Well, picked up the Harmonic Resonance and took it to VR14...

+22.5% Disruptor Damage
    +22.5% Transphasic Projectile Weapon Damage
    +4.5% Armor Penetration

...should be able to figure out what it would be at G14 (guessing it would do the 25/5).

Need to do some more parsing, cause the last (CRF/HY instead of CSV/TS) might have hit 15.1k but there was a 34.7k and a 27.7k player in that run.

Not usually into the DPS thing, but heh - Meena's not doing the aggro, damage in, healing thing so there's not much else to look at with her...and I'm wondering if I can push her beyond 20k. Know other folks could easily do it, but heh...I'm me, so that's going to hold me back, and I'll have to see.
  • Options
    thisslerthissler Member Posts: 2,055 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I think once you've tuned your output to that degree it's just going to come down to team buffs and debuffs as that's pretty much the final chance to multiply your damage done.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    thissler wrote: »
    I think once you've tuned your output to that degree it's just going to come down to team buffs and debuffs as that's pretty much the final chance to multiply your damage done.

I have a bunch of personal stuff to work on before running into that wall.

Still having arc issues.
    Still finding myself out of position.
    Still working a terrible efficiency with buffs (even forgetting I've got certain things, not a usual Tac player).

Need to reconsider the grunt of the QCs for something else...just not sure yet, that's a later change.
    Need to reconsider/consider what I'm actually doing with the space set(s) there.

Basically, I need to get better and take a look at some of the flaws in the build.

Need to "git gud"...which I'm not, heh.

edit: Decided to go ahead and deal with the QCs, replacing the VR14 QCs with some UR14 Polarized DHCs with [CrtD]x2[CrtH]...
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    I have a bunch of personal stuff to work on before running into that wall.

Still having arc issues.
    Still finding myself out of position.
    Still working a terrible efficiency with buffs (even forgetting I've got certain things, not a usual Tac player).

Need to reconsider the grunt of the QCs for something else...just not sure yet, that's a later change.
    Need to reconsider/consider what I'm actually doing with the space set(s) there.

Basically, I need to get better and take a look at some of the flaws in the build.

Need to "git gud"...which I'm not, heh.

edit: Decided to go ahead and deal with the QCs, replacing the VR14 QCs with some UR14 Polarized DHCs with [CrtD]x2[CrtH]...

Each time I see the title of this thread I misread it as R.I.P.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    Each time I see the title of this thread I misread it as R.I.P.

Nah, I'm having fun...doing goofy things. I've been buying all sorts of Eng STUs...I even ran out of Dil. It's a trip.

I'm thinking 3pc Iconian and the KHG Engines...and man, the Marks for the Iconian Resistance Rep just seem to be so slow coming. GtGA...all sorts of four-man fun...and only 57 Marks? I think somebody said once that other things drop out fewer Marks than the Borg stuff cause Omega stuff requires fewer Marks...meh. Oh well...maybe they'll do the E-Mark to Mark conversion thing like they did the Mark to E-Mark.

Still kind of chucking that my Polaric is now UR14...oh well, I'm going to G14 my consoles...even my normal Induction Coils.

Slowly but surely... http://i.imgur.com/YvxPEic.png
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    Nah, I'm having fun...doing goofy things. I've been buying all sorts of Eng STUs...I even ran out of Dil. It's a trip.

I'm thinking 3pc Iconian and the KHG Engines...and man, the Marks for the Iconian Resistance Rep just seem to be so slow coming. GtGA...all sorts of four-man fun...and only 57 Marks? I think somebody said once that other things drop out fewer Marks than the Borg stuff cause Omega stuff requires fewer Marks...meh. Oh well...maybe they'll do the E-Mark to Mark conversion thing like they did the Mark to E-Mark.

Still kind of chucking that my Polaric is now UR14...oh well, I'm going to G14 my consoles...even my normal Induction Coils.

Slowly but surely... http://i.imgur.com/YvxPEic.png

I'm hurt that you didn't go slam my build series.

Hit me up in game and lets do some events. I'm Herald Optimized but that's just a quick change go for Borg. I think the shield and one Boff, if I feel really scared. Or if I have to free borg in disconnected. Gotta have hazards.

And is it just me or do elite fleet shields suck? I seem to be getting better results with my exchange shield. Could just be lack of coffee.

Cheers!
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    I'm hurt that you didn't go slam my build series.

Hit me up in game and lets do some events. I'm Herald Optimized but that's just a quick change go for Borg. I think the shield and one Boff, if I feel really scared. Or if I have to free borg in disconnected. Gotta have hazards.

And is it just me or do elite fleet shields suck? I seem to be getting better results with my exchange shield. Could just be lack of coffee.

Cheers!

Meh, I don't know about having anybody I know there as I /facepalm. It's one thing for me to joke about trying to broadside with DHCs, it's another thing to have somebody come along and say that he's really not joking. ;)

Heh, I thought I had my nose against that iDread - but as some of the FX cleared, I saw it was of a shoulder. If I was lucky, the Wide DHC, Torp, and Turrets were hitting the target - the more likely scenario was it just being the Turrets. That combination of Destabilizing, Kemocite, Resonant, and the rest...that tiny B'rel placed up against a target just disappears and it's a case of hoping for the best.
  • Options
    revanindustriesrevanindustries Member Posts: 508 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Meh, I don't know about having anybody I know there as I /facepalm. It's one thing for me to joke about trying to broadside with DHCs, it's another thing to have somebody come along and say that he's really not joking. ;)

Heh, I thought I had my nose against that iDread - but as some of the FX cleared, I saw it was of a shoulder. If I was lucky, the Wide DHC, Torp, and Turrets were hitting the target - the more likely scenario was it just being the Turrets. That combination of Destabilizing, Kemocite, Resonant, and the rest...that tiny B'rel placed up against a target just disappears and it's a case of hoping for the best.

Feel free to look me up in-game. I'm running a /facepalm B'rel Sci Torp-boat and while you broadside DHCs I can glitch my HYTs and TS (gah that's soooo frustrating). It'll be fun :D
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    Feel free to look me up in-game. I'm running a /facepalm B'rel Sci Torp-boat and while you broadside DHCs I can glitch my HYTs and TS (gah that's soooo frustrating). It'll be fun :D
    Seriously we should. I won't say nothing.

Its not like I'm gonna video the entire thing and set it to this music.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    Seriously we should. I won't say nothing.

Its not like I'm gonna video the entire thing and set it to this music.

See....I would have thought something like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AE1rUqecfA0

Another day's Dil and the Hydro's UR14 now too...and I think I've lost my mind. :D

Heh, also upgraded two of the Induction Coils to UR14 as well. /facepalm /wheeee
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    Switched out the KHG Deflector for the Iconian Deflector...

Kinetic Resist from 35.8% to 41.7%.
    Hull from 46,961 to 47,837.
    Shields from 10,851 to 11,567.

I'm wondering about switching out the Bio-Neural Gel Pack for the Sustained Radiant Field...hrmmm.
  • Options
    stonewbiestonewbie Member Posts: 1,454 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I'm curious

How come no KCB or assimilated module? is it because the turrets and consoles and set bonuses you have on there were a better choice? or is it in keeping with the "no fleet" theme and/or using easy to acquire items?
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    stonewbie wrote: »
    I'm curious

How come no KCB or assimilated module? is it because the turrets and consoles and set bonuses you have on there were a better choice? or is it in keeping with the "no fleet" theme and/or using easy to acquire items?

It's kind of complicated...heh, I don't know what console I'd give up for it would be the start though.