test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Dilithium Weekend vs. Dilithium Week

thutmosis85thutmosis85 Member Posts: 2,358 Arc User
So maybe I'm missing something here ... but the current Dil-We is kind of pointless, if you want Bonus Dilithium ... since ...

Next Week = Bonus Dil Week

i.E. Contraband Turn-In ...

Tier 1 : 50% Bonus (same as during Dil-WE) ~3000 Dil
Tier 2 : 100% Bonus ~ 4000 Dil
Tier 3 : 150% Bonus ~ 5000 Dil

-> even turning in Dil-Mining-Claims is kind of waste right now, assuming we might make it to T3 till next week ...

Am I just confused ... or is this really some weird "Sophie's Choice" - Scenario ..
Patch Notes : Resolved an Issue, where people would accidently experience Fun.
Post edited by thutmosis85 on

Comments

• fiberteksyfirfiberteksyfir Member Posts: 1,207 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    So maybe I'm missing something here ... but the current Dil-We is kind of pointless, if you want Bonus Dilithium ... since ...

-> even turning in Dil-Mining-Claims is kind of waste right now, assuming we might make it to T3 till next week ...

Am I just confused ... or is this really some weird "Sophie's Choice" - Scenario ..

Assuming we hit the highest tier (which we have until now) then yes starting 5/7 it wil be more rewarding for dil claims and contra.. But thats not gonna stop people from taking advantage of the weekend. Those are the two bigger ticket items for these events.. So stfs, missions, etc in game will still benefit from both events as well. If youre sitting on more claims than you know what to do with (like my main), its all icing on the cake really. If youve only got a few and want to maximize your return then hold them until next week seeing as i cant imagine we wont hit at LEAST tier two.. Weve nailed tier 3 on everything else so far. Contraband is an easily newewable source of dil income as long as you time your doffing right and stockpile when you can. Most of my kdfs only do one turn in a day so theyre all sitting on a little bit but thats also just an 'i dont have time cuz im working' problem, so for me even during these events except on the weekend its likely my once or maybe twice a day contra rounds wont change
  • thutmosis85thutmosis85 Member Posts: 2,358 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Assuming we hit the highest tier (which we have until now) then yes starting 5/7 it wil be more rewarding for dil claims and contra..

- Contraband will reward the same assuming we get to T1 ... and MORE if we get to T2
    - Mining Claims ... T2 = the same / T3 = MORE ...

UNLESS they'd exclude "Turn-In's" next week ... sure getting Bonus Dil from "other stuff" is kind of obvious & appreciated ... but not sure what to do with "Turn-In's" ....
  • risian4risian4 Member Posts: 3,711 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    With the constant crashes in the Voth battlezone this may be the most useless dilithium bonus week(end) in a while.
  • szimszim Member Posts: 2,503 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Somehow I doubt we will be reaching Tier 3. Replaying old missions isn't exactly everybody's favorite pastime. Which is probably why they chose this activity specifically for the dilithium bonus.
  • trennantrennan Member Posts: 2,839 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    And to bad its all Ore and you have to still refine it, with 8-9K a day refine.... So you're not "getting" any more Dil than usual. You just have a nice back stock to refine. Which, isn't a hard thing to do any how WITHOUT bonus dil weekends or this week.
    Mm5NeXy.gif
    edited April 2015
    trennan wrote: »
    And to bad its all Ore and you have to still refine it, with 8-9K a day refine.... So you're not "getting" any more Dil than usual. You just have a nice back stock to refine. Which, isn't a hard thing to do any how WITHOUT bonus dil weekends or this week.

Several Toons + Contraband = Problem solved ...
    edited April 2015
    Several Toons + Contraband = Problem solved ...

Yes.. but you're still not getting any more than normal. 8-9K a day. That's it.
    Mm5NeXy.gif
    edited April 2015

Yes ... 8-9k x X ...
    edited April 2015

I dont disagree, but itll give my contraband army a nice backlog so i can be a little lazy with turn ins. But yea, for most people with single active toons.. Little to no difference with the recent additions of dil to most missions and whatnot hittinf 8k playing is much easier than it used to be (ya know, when defera, trealus, and multiple stfs were needed to cap out for the day).. I do so miss the infinitely repeatable ker'rat wrapper though :) that was like what four years ago now..
  • szimszim Member Posts: 2,503 Arc User
    edited April 2015

I'm planing on earning around 2 million dilithium ore. And the best part? It will all be refined within one week. All thanks to my many alts and the necessary items (contraband, rich dilithium claims) I've been saving up since the last event.
    edited April 2015
    I dont disagree, but itll give my contraband army a nice backlog so i can be a little lazy with turn ins. But yea, for most people with single active toons.. Little to no difference with the recent additions of dil to most missions and whatnot hittinf 8k playing is much easier than it used to be (ya know, when defera, trealus, and multiple stfs were needed to cap out for the day).. I do so miss the infinitely repeatable ker'rat wrapper though :) that was like what four years ago now..

True suppose I could use the 200 or so contraband on my one fed toon. Feed a few more. Keep my KDF toons feeding them as well. Focus a bit more on the Dilith mining assignments. check'em once a day and call it good.
    Mm5NeXy.gif
  • kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,576 Arc User
    edited April 2015

These bonus weekends/weeks are certainly more useful overall, for the people who don't regularly max out their daily dil.
    edited April 2015
    Ok who is with me on replaying What Lies Beneath... repeatedly. get some good Bonnie-kins in.
    Mm5NeXy.gif
  • kaarruukaarruu Member Posts: 133 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Ok who is with me on replaying What Lies Beneath... repeatedly. get some good Bonnie-kins in.

*runs away screaming*
    edited April 2015
    True suppose I could use the 200 or so contraband on my one fed toon. Feed a few more. Keep my KDF toons feeding them as well. Focus a bit more on the Dilith mining assignments. check'em once a day and call it good.

Yep. I have two or three of my kdfs with decent doffs so they usually crit for the lions share and i account bank a stockpile for distribution throughout the rest of them, difference with dil week(end) i might start feeding my feds too.. I have three or four feds i might as well delete on a normal day that i never use.

Its a shame my main still has hundreds of legacy dil claims that are char bound..
  • bernatkbernatk Member Posts: 1,089 Bug Hunter
    edited April 2015
    300 dil per Zen .,... here we cooooome!
    Tck7dQ2.jpg
    Dahar Master Mary Sue                                               Fleet Admiral Bloody Mary
  • lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    edited April 2015
    We didn't hit the third tier last time, but since this time it's replays, some very smart players might be smart enough to just play a very short episode over and over again on their delta recruits.

Not saying which one, just throwing ideas out there to help everyone in this game.
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,998 Community Moderator
    edited April 2015
    bernatk wrote: »
    300 dil per Zen .,... here we cooooome!

Yea...

So much for getting the Negh'Tev for my KDF. At 300/1 it would take forever even if I ground all 6 of my characters as I believe I would only average 26 Zen for 8k DL each. Thats only 156 a day, which amounts to $1.56. With the Negh'Tev at 3000 Zen ($30) that's just shy of a month of hard grinding 6 characters. No way man. I burned out grinding the Delta Pack for months.

Not a good time to be F2P with the Dilithium Saturation going on right now. We NEED a new fleet holding to stablize the market before it goes belly up and pointless for us F2P people.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • aesicaaesica Member Posts: 736 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    szim wrote: »
    Somehow I doubt we will be reaching Tier 3. Replaying old missions isn't exactly everybody's favorite pastime. Which is probably why they chose this activity specifically for the dilithium bonus.
    Exactly what I was going to say. The only real motivation I have to rerun missions is when gearing up alts. (And I've already done that for my delta recruit) I don't know, maybe we could get everyone to run spin the wheel periodically or something--that only takes a few minutes.

Probably won't happen though.
    Rubberband Dance has been unlocked!
    kNqxcCf.gif
    edited April 2015
    aesica wrote: »
    Exactly what I was going to say. The only real motivation I have to rerun missions is when gearing up alts. (And I've already done that for my delta recruit) I don't know, maybe we could get everyone to run spin the wheel periodically or something--that only takes a few minutes.

Probably won't happen though.

Yeah ... ~5h and still 0% ...
  • bobbydazlersbobbydazlers Member Posts: 4,534 Arc User
    edited April 2015

I cant see us doing so well on this event, to repeat play through missions so soon after playing them often with multiple delta characters just doesn't seem like something I would want to be doing anytime soon.

it would have made a lot more sense to make it first play through's of missions from 'Sphere of Influence' onwards to fill the requirement for this weeks challenge.

I am not even expecting Tier 1 to be completed as it stands.

currently my 1st completed delta is at lv58 so he should have no problem completing all of the dyson missions and the delta missions without having to grind to meet level requirements, I am sure many of the deltas are at a similar state of progress, this would be much more fun to do and a good way to encourage players to continue playing deltas through the later missions.

When I think about everything we've been through together,

maybe it's not the destination that matters, maybe it's the journey,

and if that journey takes a little longer,

so we can do something we all believe in,

I can't think of any place I'd rather be or any people I'd rather be with.