test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Has anyone posted about the exchange yet?

sputtlessputtles Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited April 2015 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
I paged through about 6 pages of posts and didn't see anything. Mainly, I wanted to make sure cryptic knows that the exchange is completely broken.

When we're trying to buy or sell tech upgrades in particular, the lowest price doesn't always show up unless you change the rank to lieutenant. Also, 95% of the time, I can't see my own items on the exchange, unless it's on the lieutenant rank.

I'd also like to recommend that a reset button should be added to the exchange. Just an easy button to press to put settings back to Sort by Ascending price, Any Rank, Any Quality, and clear the Search box. This should also automatically be done when switching characters.
Post edited by sputtles on

Comments

• smokeybacon90smokeybacon90 Member Posts: 2,252 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Are you using the "All" search tab? That's been bugged for as long as I can remember, probably since release. Cryptic have not wasted a single joule of energy trying to fix it.

Either use the specific category tab, or as you stated, use Lt rank with All for stuff like boxes, doffs and upgrade kits.
    EnYn9p9.jpg
  • chuamishaelchuamishael Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    yeah its a bug on cryptic server side. those items you post will have to wait for several hours or even days to appear on the All tab. but you can see them on their specific category tabs.
  • tehbubbalootehbubbaloo Member Posts: 2,003 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    no, the op is addressing something else. it became pretty obvious to me when looking on the exchange for things for my delta noob; certain ranks and rarities of weapons, engines, etc would not show up in any tab unless i had selected lt rank.
  • sputtlessputtles Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I've only been playing for about a year, so I'm not sure if this is an old bug or not. But basically, yes, R&D items rarely post correctly. Sometimes hours after they've been posted, the all rank still isn't working right. Would be really nice to get that sorted out.

Season 10 release date did make it much worse. Maybe from so much traffic. Some items were bought out completely which is something I've never seen before. So I suppose that could have a lot to do with my confusion and additional problems.
  • crypticfrostcrypticfrost Member Posts: 1,479 Cryptic Developer
    edited April 2015
    We are aware of this issue. Thanks for the reports.
    STO QA Team