test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Disconnected from the Login Server on Game Entry

stararmystararmy Member Posts: 231 Arc User
Things have been fine until today. This morning I was able to log for a while but there were massive lag spikes and the game took abnormally long to load other characters like the ESD tailor. Then I lost connection to the server and the game exited.

I tried getting back in, but now the character selection screen loads incredibly slowly and when I click play, it never brings me into the game. Eventually after showing the background for a while it returns to the login screen and says "Disconnected from the login server."

I'm able to ping their account server and patch server and my internet speeds tested normally on speed test sites. I also noticed the launcher (patcher) seems to be working more slowly than usual too.

Edit: I have a theory. I think all the pre-patching is slowing down the file server and the game is hanging up waiting for stuff to download.
Zinc: The universe of Star Trek Online is shaped and changed by the actions of the players...expect to see new planets and races discovered that were unknown the last time you logged in."
Post edited by stararmy on

Comments

• Options
    tribblewafflestribblewaffles Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Basically this but without the lag/delay. Logged in normally without problems and after a bunch of seconds in game just disconnected. :/ Twice now...awaiting fix. Trying again later today.
    Not the hell your whales.
  • Options
    dllmmodllmmo Member Posts: 233 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I think we all need to report the issues and hold our breath till Tuesdays patch.

We will most likely not get an answer before they have the time, and that will not be before launch of S10.
    I suspect that many of the issues will clear up, where others come in, ofc. (What's a STO season launch without new and old cleared out bugs! :P )
  • Options
    plagueocplagueoc Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I feel this might be an issue with my ISP (AT&T Uverse). I will be playing just fine and then server not responding and disconnected and then I can't get reconnected at all. Launcher will not even load correctly when this starts happening.

anyone else have Uverse and getting dropped? My friend a few blocks away on a different provider is playing just fine.
  • Options
    velquavelqua Member Posts: 1,220 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I am getting the same problem, and I am on ATT as well. :(
    18662390068_f716cd60e3.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    I've been doing some reading and this appears to be the issue with Cogent that has been mentioned in other threads. Cogent is between my ISP (also AT&T u-verse here) and Cryptic; Cogent seems to be providing us with completely awful service.
    Zinc: The universe of Star Trek Online is shaped and changed by the actions of the players...expect to see new planets and races discovered that were unknown the last time you logged in."
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Update! All is well, I found out that the network was being clogged up by the "Killer" software that came with my new Alienware laptop. Apparently it's bad when you don't set the network speed settings. It was somehow giving the bandwidth to other applications and throttling STO for some reason. I disabled the network feature and STO is playing normally again.

Thank you everyone who tried to offer help/advice and good luck to you guys suffering similar issues.