test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Backup and import?

dratikusdratikus Member Posts: 120 Arc User
This being my first Foundry project, I am doing a lot of experimentation to see how things work. I want to be able to make a back up of my project. Then, if/when my experiments fail, I need to restore my previous backup. I read a forum post from 2011 about commands some were being used to export and import projects but it was stated these were not reliable and not to be used. Is there some way to do it now?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• castsbugccastsbugc Member Posts: 830 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    There is NO way to import a project back onto the server, with that said there is a way to back it up.

At the editor project selection level, you can export to a new mission slot, by doing this you can make a backup, but be VERY sure when you export it that you save it, or you will end up with a blank mission.

The old post just refers to an in game command that exports a txt file with all the information for your mission. Which like I said you can only imput back into game by hand, and the format is such that you will rather gouge your own eyes out first before you do that
  • johnnysnowballjohnnysnowball Member Posts: 399 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    castsbugc wrote: »
    There is NO way to import a project back onto the server, with that said there is a way to back it up.

At the editor project selection level, you can export to a new mission slot, by doing this you can make a backup, but be VERY sure when you export it that you save it, or you will end up with a blank mission.

The old post just refers to an in game command that exports a txt file with all the information for your mission. Which like I said you can only imput back into game by hand, and the format is such that you will rather gouge your own eyes out first before you do that

What he said.