test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Romulan Delta Recruit not leveling correctly

jbmonroejbmonroe Member Posts: 809 Arc User
edited April 2015 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
I had a fleet mate report this as well--our Romulan DRs advance in level, but we don't get the promotion missions, we're still flying the first ancient warbird, we can't get DOffs, and the future is looking a little bleak here. Mission rewards are correct, as are our skill choices, but we shouldn't still be flying that first ship at level 19, right?
boldly-watched.png
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• gameshogungameshogun Member Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Talk to your faction leader, he'll give you the missions himself.
    [ Home | Bio | Send me a gift! ]
    [ Blog: YOOki Chronicles ]
    [ Verify me: Keybase | OpenPGP ]

"Someone should do a story where a Horta meets a Vorta. And then they find a portal to Vorta-Vor and become immortal. Sorta." ~Christopher L. Bennett
  • primar13primar13 Member Posts: 1,896 Bug Hunter
    edited April 2015
    IT is related to the Double XP Bonus.

On Romulans and Some KDF's The Promotions and Awarding of Free Ships are Tied to specific Story Missions. During normal play things run smoothly and no one notices, but during Bonus XP Weekends and Event things Go Wonky.

You must Complete the Entire First Romulan Story Arc, and Choose a Faction before you will be awarded a new Starship. Normally you would be at LEvel 10 at this time and you would get a new ship. but during this event you are usually around level 20 which can cause issues.

You can also attempt to talk to Admiral Karakek on New Romulus Command if you have access to him.
  • monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    You need to complete the episode 'Turning Point' and choose an ally at the end before you can get your free ship for reaching level 10.

You need to complete the episode 'Neutral no more' before you can get your initial doff cadre because until you complete that episode you can't go to New Romulus Command to talk to the doff contact (you actually have to talk to the contact face to face and it's the same for Fed and KDF to get your first compliment of doffs). Also this episode needs to be completed before you can get any promotion missions for level 20+ because you have to go to the command center and talk to the guy who gives the promotion face to face.

The issue is the bonus XP we're getting. It's making us level up too fast. (Ironic, considering players have been complaining that leveling is too slow since Delta Rising launched :D)

With only story episodes to do, by the time I completed Turning Point and chose an ally I was level 21 and finally got my first free ship. I still hadn't received my first set of doffs until after I completed Neutral no more, and was level 23. After completing Neutral no more I was able to get my level 20 promotion, my initial doff cadre, and my level 15 doff reward. (Strangely I got the mission automatically and was able to hail it to get my level 18 doff reward).

Under normal circumstances you would be level 10 or 11 when completing Turning point and at least level 11 when completing Neutral no more if you do only the story episodes, which is pretty much all you can do at that point.
  • peetapipmacpeetapipmac Member Posts: 2,131 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Yeah, without thinking I started a rom delta yesterday and ended up at lvl 9 by the time I reached the flotilla. I'm considering just deleting him and starting again next week. lol
    It's not my fault if you feel trolled by my Disco ball... Sorry'boutit.

R.I.P. Leonard Nimoy
  • jbmonroejbmonroe Member Posts: 809 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Well, then, it's off to Galorndon Core and the eventual faction selection. Wasn't expecting this--I think it's worked more correctly during 2XP weekends--but I can deal with it. Thanks for all the answers!
    boldly-watched.png