test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

"Discrepancies" in T5 availabilities...

dareaudareau Member Posts: 2,390 Arc User
Rolled Fed Sci #3 primarily to take advantage of the Intrepid 3 pack I bought. T4 Bellerophon at L30, the T5 retrofit at 40, and the T6 Pathfinder at 50. If I can't haz Connie, I'll at least fly Canon... :P

Imagine my surprise when I got (forcefully) reminded that the T5 Intrepid variant, as one of the original "has power creep, designed for fully levelled characters" ships came with that obligatory "you must be a Vice Admiral to claim this ship" statement on it.

Okay, fine. Relic of bygone days, I'll live with it. Searching the shipyard, I see I can still use that Nebula Cryptic so graciously gave me during one of their C-store giveaways, and I could buy me a D'Kyr or Excelsior to use during this 40 to 50 stretch...

Upon opening the Nebula's stat window to kit her out, I see "You can have starship mastery on this Nebula, please invest in an upgrade token at your friendly neighborhood C-store today".

WTF??? I can't fly a "canon" T5 ship at L40 because of an ancient relic of bygone days of powercreep, but I can begin mastering this Nebula? Or D'Kyr and Excelsior if I bought one of them? <Facepalm: Apply liberally to forehead>

I'd say that it's time to reexamine what's going on with T5 and all the "powercreep variants". To me, the "simple" solution, especially with T6 and pending Fleet T6s to "occupy" that Level 50-60 range, is to make all T5s available at Level 40.

If that's "too much powercreep for the levelling curve", then at least make those T5+1s level 40, and make fleet / T5.5 kick in at 45 and mastery only available at 50...

Other player's thoughts?
Detecting big-time "anti-old-school" bias here. NX? Lobi. TOS/TMP Connie? Super-promotion-box. (aka the two hardest ways to get ships) Excelsior & all 3 TNG "big hero" ships? C-Store. Please Equalize...

To rob a line: [quote: Mariemaia Kushrenada] Forum Posting is much like an endless waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever. However, opinions will change upon the reading of my post.[/quote]
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    dareau wrote: »
    Other player's thoughts?

What makes it better, best, awesome, imho...is check out the FT6 available at 40 that are out there (Lock Box, Lobi, Event). :D
  • Options
    seriousdaveseriousdave Member Posts: 2,777 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Yeah the T5 section is pretty messy.
    There is:
    Lvl 40 T5 with 9 consoles,
    Lvl 50 T5 with 9 consoles,
    Lvl 50 T5 with 10 consoles,
    Lvl 50 fleet-T5 with 10 consoles

And by adding the upgarde token they now doubled that $hit amd made it even more convoluted.

And now with T6 we'll see same pattern again, it has already begun
  • Options
    ralphgraphiteralphgraphite Member Posts: 628 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I found this humorous when I tried to claim my T5 Galaxy from the Galaxy bundle and found it (one of the most-maligned cruisers in the game) to be Level 50-only, but the Excelsior was claimable at 40.

Be hard to argue that the T5 Galaxy was more powerful than the Excelsior in just about anything, and this was pre-T5U land.

I'd think alot of these "when you can claim the ship" things should be revisted. Very few C-Store ships are claimable at 40. There's a big gap, and then all of a sudden, all T5 and T6 ships are available all at once at 50. The older T5s should probably be made useable sooner, that way they still have some life in the game.
  • Options
    warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Yes, all T5's should be available at L40, although they should probably have the T5U upgrade locked until you're L50. The whole level 50 T5 thing was a confusing irregularity before DR and now it basically renders the ships meaningless, since at L50 you can jump straight to T6's.

Especially noticeable for Romulans, the only L40 ships they have are the free ones.

At least the T6's are regular so far, all available at L50.
  • Options
    stofskstofsk Member Posts: 1,744 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Given that T6 ships now exist, I wouldn't be opposed to seeing all T5 ships available the moment you reach level 40.
  • Options
    darkjeffdarkjeff Member Posts: 2,590 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    If you make the Nebula a T5-U, won't that upgrade the requirement to level 50 as well?