test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

No Visuals for the Romulan Imperial Navy Combat Armor ? Not Cool!

aureleusaureleus Member Posts: 175 Arc User
So as the title says there is So far No visuals what so ever for the Romulan Imperial Navy Combat Armor set. Is this Really intentional Cryptic ?

I mean seriouslly I think just about Everyone was expecting some kind of awesome visual for the Romulan ground set. But no you dropped the ball and instead went the lazy route.

You've essentially wasted our time with a bait an switch tactic, thinking that were getting a new visual when in fact there never was one ? Sure the sets Awesome stat wise but no new visual ?

That's just very Disappointing at the least.

And don't get me started on the Iconian Rep armor OMG WTF.....

Anyone else feel the same way ? I was actually anticipating a nice visual, but nope nothing >.>.
Post edited by aureleus on

Comments

• wraithshadow13wraithshadow13 Member Posts: 1,728 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I was disappointed as well. It's bad enough they've flat out said no new KDF only stuff, but no new Romulan stuff as well just kind of drops the interest more.
  • nikephorusnikephorus Member Posts: 2,744 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Because that would have required actual work.
    Tza0PEl.png
  • millimidgetmillimidget Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    aureleus wrote: »
    Sure the sets Awesome stat wise but no new visual ?
    Meh. I would have been more impressed with it if upcoming content featured plasma-using enemies. So far, I get the impression that they won't.

I also was looking forward to a costume for this set, but I'm not aware of Cryptic ever suggesting a costume was coming.

Seeing as others will demand it, or deride you for not already providing it, I might as well be the one to ask. Can you link something which says there was going to be a costume?
    It's bad enough they've flat out said no new KDF only stuff, but no new Romulan stuff as well just kind of drops the interest more.
    That's just faction specific.

This set is faction neutral.
    "Tolerance and apathy are the last virtues of a dying society." - Aristotle
  • starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Unless the Dev Blog shows a new costume or specifically states that a new costume will be released, then don't expect it to have one. The Solanae Hybrid Technologies set and Kobali Regenerative Circuitry set both come from missions and have no visual effects. So the current rule is that any recent set that comes from a mission doesn't have a visual effect while any set that comes from a reputation will have a visual effect. Console sets don't follow this rule since the Assimilated console has a visual effect while the others don't.

Yeah the Iconian Reputation is messed up. The suit is just plain ugly while the gauntlets, helm, boots, and shoulder pads could see some use if we are able to mix and match reputation costumes.
  • wraithshadow13wraithshadow13 Member Posts: 1,728 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Meh. I would have been more impressed with it if upcoming content featured plasma-using enemies. So far, I get the impression that they won't.

I also was looking forward to a costume for this set, but I'm not aware of Cryptic ever suggesting a costume was coming.

Seeing as others will demand it, or deride you for not already providing it, I might as well be the one to ask. Can you link something which says there was going to be a costume?

They never did. The fans just wanted some Romulan themed armor and people started band waggoning. Seeing how many people are wanting a unique Romulan visual, I wonder if they will add one for the set at a later date?
    That's just faction specific.

This set is faction neutral.

A faction neutral set of armor made by a very specific faction. Just because everyone can use it, doesn't mean that it couldn't have had a unique visual. Hell, they still haven't really even done that for the klingons out side of an ev suit and the borg armor.
  • starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    This set is very good for one thing. A very rare armor and shield that is viable for a Delta Recruit until they start grinding for better Mk XII equipment. Just get it at level 10 and use free upgrades up to Mk XII.
    edited April 2015
    Seeing how many people are wanting a unique Romulan visual, I wonder if they will add one for the set at a later date?
    Unlikely.
    Just because everyone can use it, doesn't mean that it couldn't have had a unique visual.
    I assume you mean a unique visual per faction. That's exactly what they more-or-less explicitly won't do.

Yeah, it should have had a unique visual. One which is available to all three factions. That's the most likely way you'll be able to have a request for a new costume filled.
  • warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    People are just now realizing there is no costume option for a Non-Reputation, Non-Lobi Store Armor?
    XzRTofz.gif
    edited April 2015
    Non-Reputation, Non-Lobi Store Armor?
    What other armor sets lack unique visuals?
  • rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,521 Community Moderator
    edited April 2015
    Jem'Hadar for ground.
    Space sets: Solanae and Kobali.

Basically all but one of the "Free" sets we can get just by playing missions. The Breen set used to only have engine visuals, but they later added shield visuals.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1
    edited April 2015
    So as the title says there is So far No visuals what so ever for the Romulan Imperial Navy Combat Armor set. Is this Really intentional Cryptic ?

I mean seriouslly I think just about Everyone was expecting some kind of awesome visual for the Romulan ground set. But no you dropped the ball and instead went the lazy route.
    I am disappointed, not surprised but disappointed... but it could be worse... it could be
    Iconian Rep armor OMG WTF.....

To the discotec! we're late to meet up with buck rogers and colonel wilma deering!
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo1_400.gif
    tacofangs wrote: »
    STO isn't canon, and neither are any of the books.
  • hyperionx09hyperionx09 Member Posts: 1,709 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    People are just now realizing there is no costume option for a Non-Reputation, Non-Lobi Store Armor?
    The Solanae EV Suit Trio say hi. 3 same visuals; but different stats; add a little Lobi and you can trade the 3 of them in for one of the better stat Lobi versions (Paladin or Sentinel).

The least Cryptic could do is either give it a unique look free or via Lobi trade-in like the Solanae. At least a nice armored Imperial Romulan theme.
  • warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    The Solanae EV Suit Trio say hi. 3 same visuals; but different stats; add a little Lobi and you can trade the 3 of them in for one of the better stat Lobi versions (Paladin or Sentinel).

The least Cryptic could do is either give it a unique look free or via Lobi trade-in like the Solanae. At least a nice armored Imperial Romulan theme.

Solanae is an EV Suit and not proper combat armor. So, Bye!

rattler2 wrote: »
    Jem'Hadar for ground.
    Space sets: Solanae and Kobali.

Basically all but one of the "Free" sets we can get just by playing missions. The Breen set used to only have engine visuals, but they later added shield visuals.

Jem'Hadar Ground Set has it's costume option but it's tied behind the Lobi Store.
    XzRTofz.gif
  • aureleusaureleus Member Posts: 175 Arc User
    edited April 2015

Its an Assumption that Literally everyone had when they 1st announced the set as a reward, they knew that the player base has been for a long time, wanted a Romulan Themed ground set that would go with the Romulan rep.

Well we got the ground set, mostly, armor and shield, kits a nice touch, which leaves your choice of weapons open. But we didn't get a Visual! I was Really looking forward to an awesome, Romulan themed armor set, but nope, didn't even get a basic visual >.>. So ya very disappointed >.<.
    edited April 2015
    The Solanae EV Suit Trio say hi.
    All the EV suits have a graphic, so that you know if its active or not.

Not a very good comparison.

Sounds like the only other ground set without a unique visual is the JH set. While I'd like a unique armor for it, I can only assume that will come when they revisit either the Cardassian arc or, more likely, when they turn to the GQ for more content.
    So ya very disappointed
    So am I. I'd love to get my fed main into a TNG style Romulan costume. It's possibly the only thing I would replace whatever it is I'm wearing now (I think it's a diplomat costume, maybe some sort of admiral, idk).