7 * * * Request timed out.
    8 * * * Request timed out.
    9 * * * Request timed out.
    10 * * * Request timed out.
    11 * * * Request timed out.
    12 85 ms 85 ms 85 ms patchserver2.crypticstudios.com [208.95.185.41]

Trace complete.

Is this normal yes or no
    No. Not at all. And that indicates a problem between you and the server. Report it to your ISP. Especially if you get that most of the time you do a tracert.
  • Options
    joseph#2003 joseph Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I'd say that's the safe bet. Those who have the problem are likely stuck with it until Monday or the next patch.

That 'We're going to stay until the problem is fixed' thing from a few weeks ago doesn't seem to apply when only a percentage of the players are affected.

Very well stated, it would be impressive though had they fixed this over the weekend. I do realize I am probably among the few affected in the larger scheme of things. Just very odd that so many are experiencing the same issue and nothing has been done.
  • Options
    neohunter200neohunter200 Member Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Tracing route to patchserver.crypticstudios.com [208.95.185.41]
    over a maximum of 30 hops:

1 <1 ms 1 ms <1 ms router.asus.com [192.168.1.1]
    2 7 ms 3 ms 3 ms 172.30.0.1
    3 * * * Request timed out.
    4 3 ms 3 ms 5 ms 40GE-103-6-148-45.myrepublic.com.sg [103.6.148.45]
    5 5 ms 4 ms 3 ms xe-1-3-0.sin10.ip4.gtt.net [183.182.80.69]
    6 272 ms 408 ms 250 ms xe-3-0-0.bos10.ip4.gtt.net [141.136.109.138]
    7 330 ms 251 ms 258 ms internap-gw.ip4.gtt.net [77.67.77.54]
    8 350 ms 243 ms 266 ms border11.te8-1-bbnet2.bsn.pnap.net [63.251.128.104]
    10 254 ms 246 ms 248 ms patchserverrebirth.crypticstudios.com [208.95.185.41]

Trace complete.

Hmm...not very stable. So this is because of my ISP or Cryptic?
  • Options
    rebuilthk47rebuilthk47 Member Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited April 2015

1 <1 ms 1 ms <1 ms router.asus.com [192.168.1.1]
    2 7 ms 3 ms 3 ms 172.30.0.1
    4 3 ms 3 ms 5 ms 40GE-103-6-148-45.myrepublic.com.sg [103.6.148.45]
    5 5 ms 4 ms 3 ms xe-1-3-0.sin10.ip4.gtt.net [183.182.80.69]
    6 272 ms 408 ms 250 ms xe-3-0-0.bos10.ip4.gtt.net [141.136.109.138]
    7 330 ms 251 ms 258 ms internap-gw.ip4.gtt.net [77.67.77.54]
    8 350 ms 243 ms 266 ms border11.te8-1-bbnet2.bsn.pnap.net [63.251.128.104]
    10 254 ms 246 ms 248 ms patchserverrebirth.crypticstudios.com [208.95.185.41]

Trace complete.

Hmm...not very stable. So this is because of my ISP or Cryptic?

Because #3 is a "Request timed out", it's your ISP (or at least along the route of the servers of the provider your ISP uses to provide you internet like cogent, zipzayo, etc).
  • Options
    samplexamplesamplexample Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I dont know how Arc expects me to post a problem on the forums if I have to obtain the privilege first... but anyway.

I recently obtained rank 30 on my Fed character. I got picked my new ship, as customary, but its not showing up in my ship list? What am I missing here? I also never got my captain's yacht! I want my ships!

This is a game breaking bug as far as Im concerned and Im considering leaving STO all together!
  • Options
    chi1701dchi1701d Member Posts: 174 Arc User
    edited April 2015

1 <1 ms <1 ms <1 ms sitecom.router [192.168.0.1]
    2 * * * Request timed out.
    4 * * * Request timed out.
    5 * * * Request timed out.
    6 * * * Request timed out.
    7 * * * Request timed out.
    8 * * * Request timed out.
    10 * * * Request timed out.
    11 * * * Request timed out.
    12 85 ms 85 ms 85 ms patchserver2.crypticstudios.com [208.95.185.41]

Trace complete.

Is this normal yes or no

This isnt always a ISP issue as someone explained, try disabling your firewall and see if the results changed.
  • Options
    skywhaleexpressskywhaleexpress Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I'm no longer having any of these issues. It was bad earlier though.
  • Options
    neohunter200neohunter200 Member Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Because #3 is a "Request timed out", it's your ISP (or at least along the route of the servers of the provider your ISP uses to provide you internet like cogent, zipzayo, etc).
    Thanks. I will check with my ISP and see if there is anything they can do about it from their end.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    chi1701d wrote: »
    This isnt always a ISP issue as someone explained, try disabling your firewall and see if the results changed.

Now that you mention it, if the user does have a router, which almost everyone does these days, then it could very well be on the user's end.
  • Options
    witchthehunterwitchthehunter Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    With a 44MS trace and no timeouts, I kind of expected things to seem brighter.

And still constantly disconnecting, rubber-banding, and lagging out like a spaz. It all started late last week as was the case with most others.
  • Options
    luxandraluxandra Member Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Looks folks, this is very simple. It's a failure to plan and accommodate a large influx of players coming back for Delta Recruitment, there is clear optimization problems on their end. I am also one of the victims of this, and it has been happening ever since the launch of the Delta Recruitment patch. Namely the biggest issues, are an unstable client, that will crash just by sneezing at it, a launcher that won't load, or launch half of the time, the connections and authentication servers are fickle, everyone who is affected by this, goes through periodic bouts of stability, until it all comes crashing back down. Once, these guys manage to identify the sources of the problem, because this isn't just a bug, in the system, it's a stress buildup issue too, things will settle back down. I'll admit, that right now, I am more than a little annoyed at the fact, that I can't maintain a stable connection long enough to do anything in game. Two weeks now, and it's gotten worse. In truth, this was poorly implemented, and yes they should be on the ball for this, but somehow I doubt, that's been the biggest priority with other patches and such, involved in other games, including the newest of the Neverwinter content, being Elemental Evil. I would imagine this is widespread, among most of the major PWE games at the moment.
  • Options
    witchthehunterwitchthehunter Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Personally, even an acknowledgement of the issue presented would be something. All the posts seem to be pleas to empty rooms.

The only official I see are about new content coming, but nothing about the issues already taxing the infrastructure.

And if we're not hoping for this acknowledgement with these posts and simply accepting "things happen", we're doing nothing to better the game and the upcoming shiny content won't mean anything.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    No, I have to agree with you. The method, or lack thereof, that was used to impliment Delta was poorly done. The game is under way to much stress for the amount of players trying to actually log on and enjoy it. I do believe we all know what the answer is, the question is will Cryptic do what it takes to correct it?

The short term, many of us have been experiencing the same issue. Much more than they would care to admit. However, truth be told it is a very serious issue. Can this be remedied? Absolutely, and it honestly wouldn't take much to do it. It only requires someone to make the decision to do it and then to give the order and make it so.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Right. It's not that we don't know what the issue is, it's that nothing's been said about it from any developer (or whatever position it is) about this. This thread serves many purposes.

For one thing, they can't say nobody complained or said anything. For another, it allows those that have no twitter or Facebook accounts to say "Hey! There's something not working right and it's causing big problems! Please fix it."
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Right. It's not that we don't know what the issue is, it's that nothing's been said about it from any developer (or whatever position it is) about this. This thread serves many purposes.

For one thing, they can't say nobody complained or said anything. For another, it allows those that have no twitter or Facebook accounts to say "Hey! There's something not working right and it's causing big problems! Please fix it."

This thread does server several purposes. It has clearly identified an issue, and quickly concluded that it most definitly is on Cryptic's end.

And, regardless of how many Traces they ask you to run it will show the same thing. This issue is on their end, and that is exactly where it needs to be addressed, resolved and handled. Trying to pass it off as the customers problem is by now a mote point. Which this thread actually now does demonstrate clearly.

The compliants are captured now, and this is something positive. Many have voiced their concerns that something isn't right. Additionally, it is creating much bigger problems. And, we are asking them to make this a much better gaming experience for us all, and to do so sooner than later.
  • Options
    valdores03valdores03 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    At least respond to the threads and complaints. We have no idea what the Devs are up to or doing to fix this issue. Stop pushing out news updates and contents when none of us gets to play the game. This is beyond ridiculous. So much time spent trying to log in... Frakked Up system, Frakked Up planning.
  • Options
    crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,113 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    luxandra wrote: »
    Looks folks, this is very simple. It's a failure to plan and accommodate a large influx of players coming back for Delta Recruitment, there is clear optimization problems on their end. I am also one of the victims of this, and it has been happening ever since the launch of the Delta Recruitment patch. Namely the biggest issues, are an unstable client, that will crash just by sneezing at it, a launcher that won't load, or launch half of the time, the connections and authentication servers are fickle, everyone who is affected by this, goes through periodic bouts of stability, until it all comes crashing back down. Once, these guys manage to identify the sources of the problem, because this isn't just a bug, in the system, it's a stress buildup issue too, things will settle back down. I'll admit, that right now, I am more than a little annoyed at the fact, that I can't maintain a stable connection long enough to do anything in game. Two weeks now, and it's gotten worse. In truth, this was poorly implemented, and yes they should be on the ball for this, but somehow I doubt, that's been the biggest priority with other patches and such, involved in other games, including the newest of the Neverwinter content, being Elemental Evil. I would imagine this is widespread, among most of the major PWE games at the moment.

I agree with you but it was a combo of the DR bevent and their other game 'NeverWinter' releasing a major expansion at the same time (Tuesday 4/7.) The NEW issue most hadn't seen prior to that date (IE a black/blank game launch window with "Loading Please Wait" in the top left corner -- and no further progress -- I'e personally tried waiting up to 20 minutes with no joy when it occurs) that either overloaded the patchserver's capacity to reply -- and obviously, PWE/Cryptic was unprepared for the 'retention' they have (which is interesting considering PWI believes profitability was down in the 4th Quarter of 2014); and they obviously expected player numbers to drop back to 'normal' levels quicker -- and didn't spend the time/money to expand their load capacity to meet current demand (a calculated risk that I think will further bite any longer term profit increase they might have seen as a result.)

I also have to say, the Cryptic Network engineering team troubleshooting ability doesn't fill me with confidence in that very recently:

- Somehow (through human error or bad coding) for about 12 hours they (Cryptic) accidently and erroneously IP Blocked a large number of IP Ranges and ISPs from logging into the patchserver.

- The first thing they asked for were tracert results - EVEN THOUGH everyone was reporting the launcher was coming up fine (IE You could connect to the launcher successfully - meaning a tracert is useless because there WASN'T an issue getting to the server); but just giving a message that the was "not allowed to connect from this IP address".

First thing they should have done (assuming it exists, and if it doesn't there's even MORE wrong with the way Cryptic runs their servers) is check the audit/change logs and Blocked IP list to see what happened -- something they DID eventually do, but it didn't appear to be something they checked until a few of us questioned the requesting of tracert info given the message affected players were seeing.

Still I hope they get their act together and management and engineering come up with a fix that works for the game and their bottom line. But, I have to say, if I were a new player who just was wanting to try STO and encountered what many are when they attempt to log in - I would move on and not give the game a second look as one would think after 5 years, they wouldn't have game Launcher issues.
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    valdores03 wrote: »
    At least respond to the threads and complaints. We have no idea what the Devs are up to or doing to fix this issue. Stop pushing out news updates and contents when none of us gets to play the game. This is beyond ridiculous. So much time spent trying to log in... Frakked Up system, Frakked Up planning.

Val,

First, thank you. No, none of us have any idea what the DEVs are up to. Here is a clue bird, stop what they are doing and fix the issues affecting the player base. Which, as well all know, buy Zen and ulimately pay their salary.

I personally don't want to see any more content or news updates until this issue is completely resolved, period. You are absolutley spot on, this is ridiculous and beyond acceptable.

Keep in mind, usually when things are Frakked up. They are Frakked up from the top all the way down. And if they aren't, someone needs to remedy this situation and let us all know what is going on. I'd would be stopping everything and getting this corrected immediately before anything else happened. I do believe they need better leadership, if they had it none of this would have ever happened. There are more to blame here than just the DEVs, just my humble opinion.

However, much like you, many of us are forced to endure this painfully long silence by Cryptic. Makes you ponder what is really going on, doesn't it?
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    I agree with you but it was a combo of the DR bevent and their other game 'NeverWinter' releasing a major expansion at the same time (Tuesday 4/7.) The NEW issue most hadn't seen prior to that date (IE a black/blank game launch window with "Loading Please Wait" in the top left corner -- and no further progress -- I'e personally tried waiting up to 20 minutes with no joy when it occurs) that either overloaded the patchserver's capacity to reply -- and obviously, PWE/Cryptic was unprepared for the 'retention' they have (which is interesting considering PWI believes profitability was down in the 4th Quarter of 2014); and they obviously expected player numbers to drop back to 'normal' levels quicker -- and didn't spend the time/money to expand their load capacity to meet current demand (a calculated risk that I think will further bite any longer term profit increase they might have seen as a result.)

I also have to say, the Cryptic Network engineering team troubleshooting ability doesn't fill me with confidence in that very recently:

- Somehow (through human error or bad coding) for about 12 hours they (Cryptic) accidently and erroneously IP Blocked a large number of IP Ranges and ISPs from logging into the patchserver.

- The first thing they asked for were tracert results - EVEN THOUGH everyone was reporting the launcher was coming up fine (IE You could connect to the launcher successfully - meaning a tracert is useless because there WASN'T an issue getting to the server); but just giving a message that the was "not allowed to connect from this IP address".

First thing they should have done (assuming it exists, and if it doesn't there's even MORE wrong with the way Cryptic runs their servers) is check the audit/change logs and Blocked IP list to see what happened -- something they DID eventually do, but it didn't appear to be something they checked until a few of us questioned the requesting of tracert info given the message affected players were seeing.

Still I hope they get their act together and management and engineering come up with a fix that works for the game and their bottom line. But, I have to say, if I were a new player who just was wanting to try STO and encountered what many are when they attempt to log in - I would move on and not give the game a second look as one would think after 5 years, they wouldn't have game Launcher issues.

Crypt,

Wow, that is absolutely brilliant and very well stated. However, if I may. Wouldn't a lot of these issue have been solved had they just done prior planning for all of this? Setting milestones, stress testing and ultimately identifying all the issues before hand would have saved them a lot of precious time. Not to mention it would not be impacting their paying base.

Your observations most noteably hit the mark of what they should have been doing rather than wasting much of our time doing Tracert. However, if their DEV crew is this inapt maybe we should be contacting Perfect World with our concerns? Aren't they still the senior partner?
  • Options
    luxandraluxandra Member Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited April 2015

I completely agree with you, as I said, without going into a more detailed description. The general issue, was a lack of proper planning for this content update, while stressing out all of their joined server loads. This is not the first time that STO servers become completely unstable as a result of a different game undergoing a massive content update or overhaul. In fact, the major source of these troubles are almost always tied into the Neverwinter game. Of course, as most of us veteran players understand all too well, their authentication and account servers are interconnected. So when something happens, that causes massive stress of the servers, it spreads to the other games that are connected to the same servers. I agree with you that the tracer requests, while help to identify the problem, doesn't actually accomplish anything for us, this problem is affecting a solid percentage of players, and the lack of action being taken to officially detail the problem, and working on a hotfix, or even a full fix, is demonstrating a failure on their end. Not that I am ******** them out, but the clear facts, are that this problem can't be localized to an ISP or even a player issue, not when so many are literally describing the exact same problem. Even I have the launcher loading problems, and it happens as a result of the game completely having a seizure, I can close it out, and then try to reload and the launcher will just sit there, for lack of a better term, buffering, attempting to get the actual data.
  • Options
    edlemmingedlemming Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    The "funny" thing is theese issues could have been forseen. Adding to already pretty sad performing Servers the Recruit thing where we not only have more players around. But each Mission you play - and most ppl play solo when they level - is a single instance. So instead of having a lot of STF instances who get shared by 5+ ppl we have at least 200-300% more instances from lvling allone.

Frankly if my Boss would see our Servers perform that "well" he would kick my butt and make me work untill its fixed. But in cryptics case it seems like its more like "heres a new ship buy it andi we wont fix any server issues for you players".

I wouldnt even care if i woule need to pay a suscribtion to get proper server performance but the server issues already spreading to other forums and Metacritics etc. where ppl look into before getting into a new F2P so on the long run cryptic is sawing off the branch they are sitting on. So if they wanna loose theyr Job they should continue providing such a bad service :)
  • Options
    valdores03valdores03 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    And again, the game has become unplayable. Took me over an hour just to get to the last stage of Uneasy Allies, due to all the disconnects while loading a new map, and now i can't complete it coz i cannot load the final Nopada Base Map. Would some one over at Cryptic or the Dev get in here and explain matters? We are customers and we demand some level of accountability and responsible actions!:mad::mad: