test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Sector Space Camera bugged

vegeta50024vegeta50024 Member Posts: 2,335 Arc User
edited April 2015 in Tribble - Bug Reports
The patch notes said that the whole issue with the camera not remembering where the zoom was on the ship when leaving a space map to sector space, but a new bug has popped up.

The camera no matter what always returns to a zoomed in view of your your ship after a few seconds.

TSC_Signature_Gen_4_-_Vegeta_Small.png
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,100 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    The patch notes said that the whole issue with the camera not remembering where the zoom was on the ship when leaving a space map to sector space, but a new bug has popped up.

The camera no matter what always returns to a zoomed in view of your your ship after a few seconds.

As of the April 8 build the above bug still exists:

FYI - I see the exact same issue, and it's BOTH in Sector Space and encounter maps. Basically, the camera starts to zom in closer every couple of seconds until it comes to the closet zoom in it can. If you zoom back out, it will start doing the same thing. Move in closer just a bit every couple of seconds. It's a really annoying bug when you're in combat.
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • salacnar070890salacnar070890 Member Posts: 425 Bug Hunter
    edited April 2015
    Let me sum up the bugs i encountered

1. Camera zooms back are a few seconds to a nice close up of the ships backside
    2. FOV still not fixed when switching sector to system and vice versa (the standard FOV is 55 and can be entered with /gfxsetdefaultfov 55) but the FOV setting Sector space uses are a bit nauseating
    Salacnar
    =/\=Priority One Armada=/\=
    32 | Introvert | ADD (W/O Hyperactivity) | He/Him | Hetro-Demisexual | 6’9” ft-in tall | Avatar by: foodcu_be | Gunpla | STO | Yu-Gi-Oh!
  • frtoasterfrtoaster Member Posts: 3,352 Arc User
    edited April 2015

As of the April 8 build the above bug still exists:

FYI - I see the exact same issue, and it's BOTH in Sector Space and encounter maps. Basically, the camera starts to zom in closer every couple of seconds until it comes to the closet zoom in it can. If you zoom back out, it will start doing the same thing. Move in closer just a bit every couple of seconds. It's a really annoying bug when you're in combat.

What's happening is that the maximum camera distance is set too low. If you set the camera distance greater than the maximum, then the system will try to bring it back down to the maximum. Sometimes, it happens right away. Other times, it happens when you change the camera angle or distance. I have a long thread documenting this problem and many others.

Technical details regarding problems with zoom
    Waiting for a programmer ...
    qVpg1km.png